Christian Sex

Christian Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i

Moves
28 Nov 05

yea tell us

b

Moves
29 Nov 05

Originally posted by orfeo
I'm not saying it DOESN'T pertain to the last days. It might.

I'm saying that it's a bit worrying that you chose to answer what was a fairly practical, non-theological question about which gender is more prevalent in Christianity by:

1. referring to a passage of Scripture
2. referring to a passage that is, on the top layer at least, about judgment ...[text shortened]... e I think you're flat out wrong. Because in my experience CHRISTIAN women still want marriage.
A Believer does not use the logic of an unbeliever. It is true you donot understand or accept what a believer says and believe in. It is true that the believer understands what you unbelievers say, We been there. We have been unbelievers just like you. Then someone brought the Truth to our understanding. Just like someone will bring the Truth of Understanding to you. then you will understand the faith and hope the the believer has in JESUS CHRIST.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
30 Nov 05
2 edits

Originally posted by blindfaith101
A Believer does not use the logic of an unbeliever. It is true you donot understand or accept what a believer says and believe in. It is true that the believer understands what you unbelievers say, We been there. We have been unbelievers just like you. Then someone brought the Truth to our understanding. Just like someone will bring the Truth of Unders ...[text shortened]... anding to you. then you will understand the faith and hope the the believer has in JESUS CHRIST.
I'm a Christian. If you paid the SLIGHTEST bit of attention to what other people post in this forum you would know that. How's that for 'logic' on your part?

I know well enough that there are things that can't be explained by logic. I know that Jesus Christ is a 'stumbling block'.

But I certainly don't remember reading anywhere that faith was supposed to be totally blind. Nowhere have I ever read that Christ called me to pull my brain out and leave it on a shelf for the rest of my life.

For a start, I have to test what people say and see if it accords with Scripture. I think your use of Scripture is pretty questionable sometimes.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
30 Nov 05
1 edit

But I certainly don't remember reading anywhere that faith was supposed to be totally blind. Nowhere have I ever read that Christ called me to pull my brain out and leave it on a shelf for the rest of my life.

For a start, I have to test what people say and see if it accords with Scripture. I think your use of Scripture is pretty questionable sometimes.
Well said.

It is also true that open-minded reading of these threads will reveal that several of those reviled as "athiests" are anything but. Some of us do not openly embrace Christianity, but we do not attack it either. Rather, we attack expressions of Christian faith that distort the biblical texts, and that make absurd claims on matters of science.

There are several Christians, or suspected Christians on this site who offer intelligent discussion on a regular basis: offeo, ivanhoe, Halitose, and KellyJay, among others.

b

Moves
30 Nov 05

I'm a Christian. If you paid the SLIGHTEST bit of attention to what other people post in this forum you would know that. How's that for 'logic' on your part?

I know well enough that there are things that can't be explained by logic. I know that Jesus Christ is a 'stumbling block'.

But I certainly don't remember reading anywhere that faith was s ...[text shortened]... f it accords with Scripture. I think your use of Scripture is pretty questionable sometimes.
the
Every person that JESUS CHRIST healed how or why did they believe that they could be healed?
If you you are a "Christian" then you should know that we are to Live by THE WORD OF GOD. Then you would know that we are going to be Judged by THE WORD OF GOD.
Do you know what faith is? Do you know anything about being obedient to THE WORD OF GOD? Does GOD talk to you? if HE does, how do you know that it is him? You say you are a "Christian", how do you know? Are you Saved? Are you living saved? How do you know? The only test that proves THE WORD OF GOD, is THE WORD OF GOD.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
30 Nov 05
1 edit

Every person that JESUS CHRIST healed how or why did they believe that they could be healed?

If you you are a "Christian" then you should know that we are to Live by THE WORD OF GOD. Then you would know that we are going to be Judged by THE WORD OF GOD.
Do you know what faith is? Do you know anything about being obedient to THE WORD OF GOD? Does ...[text shortened]... ou living saved? How do you know? The only test that proves THE WORD OF GOD, is THE WORD OF GOD.
I am saved. I know it. You'll just have to trust me on that.

And I have ALREADY said to you that I know some things can only be taken on faith.

That doesn't mean I have to believe in YOUR reading of Isaiah 4!!!!!!! Can you not understand the difference?

s

USA

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Faith is the substance that is hoped for. Do Christians hope to be persecuted, or do they hope to see Heaven?
True Christians know they will go to heaven; the persecution comes from the world (or from Satan trying to lead us away)

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by specs57
True Christians know they will go to heaven; the persecution comes from the world (or from Satan trying to lead us away)
What's the proof? How do Christians know that they are accepted by Jesus?

b

Moves
01 Dec 05

I am saved. I know it. You'll just have to trust me on that.

And I have ALREADY said to you that I know some things can only be taken on faith.

That doesn't mean I have to believe in YOUR reading of Isaiah 4!!!!!!! Can you not understand the difference?
ISAIAH 4 is part of THE WORD OF GOD. Whether or not you believe what it says, or what it means. That is between you and GOD. How you or I may interrpet or understand THE WORD OF GOD, is of no great importance. Judging my faith in GOD, whether or not my Faith reaches or matches "YOUR" understanding of faith will only keep you out of the Kingdom of Heaven.
Tell you what show me where in THE WORD OF GOD it says that only some things are taken on faith, pertaining to GOD. And I'll show you where it says all things pertaining to GOD, are taken by faith.

o
Paralysed analyst

On a ship of fools

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

ISAIAH 4 is part of THE WORD OF GOD. Whether or not you believe what it says, or what it means. That is between you and GOD. How you or I may interrpet or understand THE WORD OF GOD, is of no great importance. Judging my faith in GOD, whether or not my Faith reaches or matches "YOUR" understanding of faith will only keep you out of the Kingdom of Hea ...[text shortened]... ining to GOD. And I'll show you where it says all things pertaining to GOD, are taken by faith.
I will say all of this once, and then I am done with this thread.

1. Yes, Isaiah 4 is part of the word of God.

2. Saying it in capitals doesn't make it any more true by the way.

3. Of course how you interpret or understand it is important. This whole conversation started because I questioned your use of Scripture. Scripture can be misused. People have used Scripture to justify bloodshed, racism and slavery.

4. I didn't judge your faith. You judged mine. As I read it, you questioned whether I was really a Christian. Examine your own heart in this matter.

5. You've added 'pertaining to GOD' to the sentence. I struggle to understand what you mean. I also struggle to understand what you mean by the word 'faith'. I have faith that the Bible is true - I trust it and what God has put in the Bible itself about the nature of the Bible. I don't however, have 'faith' that there are more women than men in the Church (yes, the original question in this thread!). That is something that can be answered by statistics. I also don't have faith that every use of Scripture that is made by you, or by anyone else, is a legitimate use. See above about bloodshed, racism and slavery. To trust what the Bible says, I first have to understand what it is really saying.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
01 Dec 05

What's the proof? How do Christians know that they are accepted by Jesus?
It's just one of those things u know:
It gets worse...how do you know someone else is?...How do others know u are?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by windmill
It's just one of those things u know:
It gets worse...how do you know someone else is?...How do others know u are?
Sounds dangerous.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
01 Dec 05

Sounds dangerous.
lol...it is!

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by windmill
lol...it is!
So the substance of what is hoped for and the evidence of what is not seen is just something that Christians know. Is this correct?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
01 Dec 05

So the substance of what is hoped for and the evidence of what is not seen is just something that Christians know. Is this correct?
No.