Christian Sex

Christian Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
01 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by The Chess Express
So the substance of what is hoped for and the evidence of what is not seen is just something that Christians know. Is this correct?
O.K.....what if you were to bug the spot where i prayed and then you were to make it happen.I would put my hope in God and continue to pray....as soon as my prayers become out of your abilities or you go away I would lose hope.I would lose faith and no longer would i love.The blame would be put on God?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by windmill
O.K.....what if you were to bug the spot where i prayed and then you were to make it happen.I would put my hope in God and continue to pray....as soon as my prayers become out of your abilities or you go away I would lose hope.I would lose faith and no longer would i love.The blame would be put on God.
LOL. We did that sort of thing in college in the dorms, but with a twist.

We ran speaker wire through the heating system to the stereo speakers of a guy on the point of passing out. The other end of the wires were attached to a stereo system with a microphone. Then, "God" began to speak to the drunk, telling him to reform his life.

You should have seen the look on his face. The best RF of the year!

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
01 Dec 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr

We ran speaker wire through the heating system to the stereo speakers of a guy on the point of passing out. The other end of the wires were attached to a stereo system with a microphone. Then, "God" began to speak to the drunk, telling him to reform his life.

lol...was his name Howardgee?

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05
3 edits

O.K.....what if you were to bug the spot where i prayed and then you were to make it happen.I would put my hope in God and continue to pray....as soon as my prayers become out of your abilities or you go away I would lose hope.I would lose faith and no longer would i love.The blame would be put on God?
That’s a little dodgy, though bugging your prayers sounds tempting 😀

TCE

Colorado

Moves
01 Dec 05

That must have been classic. 😀

W
Angler

River City

Moves
01 Dec 05

That must have been classic. 😀
Unfortunately, the comic who did the talking suffered a horrible, disfiguring accident the following year.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
02 Dec 05

Unfortunately, the comic who did the talking suffered a horrible, disfiguring accident the following year.
lol.sounds dangerous!

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Dec 05

lol.sounds dangerous!
Some of us tried to warn him that posing as God might present certain risks. He said it never hurt George Burns.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
02 Dec 05

So the substance of what is hoped for and the evidence of what is not seen is just something that Christians know. Is this correct?
I think even for Non-Christians God can show evidence of faith in their lives as a way of leading them to a place where He wants them to be.The same would apply to Christians.However i think it is very important to have the intelegence to understand what faith comes from God and which is not.This is found in a personal relationship with Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

Question, how does any Christian know that they are saved?

This is the standard the Jesus sets.

Matt 5:48 “Be yee therefore perfect, even as your father which is in heaven is perfect.”

This is what many Christians say, we are hopless sinners.

This is what the scripture says that we know about God's judgments.

Romans 11:33 "O the d ...[text shortened]... en; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

God's will is perfect right?
I know your dilemna. I was once there. And to be honest, it is an ongoing battle. Not so much the salvation part, for me that is settled. I mean trusting God on a daily basis. As far as salvation, a person just knows. I can tell you from my own experience that when I realized some points or "keys" to understanding the bible, everything changed.
The most difficult part was coming to the conclusion that the bible is true. That is step no.1, If you listen to the bible critics it makes it even harder. And you know as well as I do that there are plenty here.
Someone once told me many years ago that if you just read the scriptures daily for three months, and put away the newspaper, television, etc. that your life will be turned upside down. You will be so filled with joy that the doubt will disappear.
Man is born with a sinful nature. Even when you get saved, you receive a divine nature, but the sin nature remains. That is Paul's dilemna in Romans 7.

Rom 7:14-25
14 For we know that the law is spiritual, but I am carnal, sold under sin.
15 For what I am doing, I do not understand. For what I will to do, that I do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
16 If, then, I do what I will not to do, I agree with the law that it is good.
17 But now, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find.
19 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice.
20 Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
21 I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good.
22 For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man.
23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
24 O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?
25 I thank God-- through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, with the mind I myself serve the law of God, but with the flesh the law of sin.
(NKJ)

Someone else once said, ok ...so I have two natures now, how do I bring out the new nature?...he said it is like two dogs fighting within me. One good, one evil. Which one wins you ask? The one that I feed. What you feed your mind directly reflects which nature dominates. If you feed your mind daily with the word of God, that new nature comes shining through. If you feed it the things of the world, well....it's simple. Here are some relevent scriptures....

Rom 8:1
1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
(NKJ)

Rom 8:5-14
5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be.
8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.
10 And if Christ is in you, the body is dead because of sin, but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.
11 But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
12 Therefore, brethren, we are debtors-- not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh.
13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:1
1 Stand fast therefore in the liberty by which Christ has made us free, and do not be entangled again with a yoke of bondage.
(NKJ)

Gal 5:16-26
16 I say then: Walk in the Spirit, and you shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.
17 For the flesh lusts against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh; and these are contrary to one another, so that you do not do the things that you wish.
18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.
19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness,
20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies,
21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law.
24 And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.
25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
(NKJ)

If you feed your mind the word of God, the doubts disappear, then you have faith and grow....

Heb 11:1-2
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2 For by it the elders obtained a good testimony.
(NKJ)

Heb 11:6
6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
(NKJ)

1 Pet 2:1-3
1 Therefore, laying aside all malice, all guile, hypocrisy, envy, and all evil speaking,
2 as newborn babes, desire the pure milk of the word, that you may grow thereby,
3 if indeed you have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
(NKJ)

🙂

S

Moves
02 Dec 05

BF101 curious to which "denomination" do you belong?

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

If you feed your mind the word of God, the doubts disappear, then you have faith and grow....

🙂[/b]
What you have said here is good advice....however it is not only through THE WORD OF GOD that people gain faith and grow.There are many many different ways of achieving this.Each person is different and in their own personal relationship God makes himself known in the way that is suitable for the person to gain faith and grow.In my personal relationship it is prayers that get answered where i gain more faith than other areas....tommorow it may change.Also i don't pray that often but have become wiser in my walk throughout my whole life to do more often at the times i should.Word Of God 4 u.Prayer 4 me.Something else 4 another.All good!🙂

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Dec 05

What you have said here is good advice....however it is not only through THE WORD OF GOD that people gain faith and grow.There are many many different ways of achieving this.Each person is different and in their own personal relationship God makes himself known in the way that is suitable for the person to gain faith and grow.In my personal relationship it ...[text shortened]... ore often at the times i should.Word Of God 4 u.Prayer 4 me.Something else 4 another.All good!🙂
There are many many different ways of achieving this.Each person is different and in their own personal relationship God makes himself known in the way that is suitable for the person to gain faith and grow.

Really? In what way? I mean, in what way does He make Himself known?

In my personal relationship it is prayers that get answered where i gain more faith than other areas....tommorow it may change

Do you mean like a cosmic bellhop? You just make a request and He delivers?

Also i don't pray that often but have become wiser in my walk throughout my whole life to do more often at the times i should.Word Of God 4 u.Prayer 4 me.Something else 4 another.All good!🙂

Does He ever talk to you so that you can know what He is like? Or does He just keep delivering the goods?

W
Angler

River City

Moves
02 Dec 05
1 edit

😀
We've lost track of the sex in this thread.

w
your king.

H.Q.

Moves
02 Dec 05

Originally posted by checkbaiter
[b]There are many many different ways of achieving this.Each person is different and in their own personal relationship God makes himself known in the way that is suitable for the person to gain faith and grow.

Really? In what way? I mean, in what way does He make Himself known?

In my personal relationship it is prayers that get answered whe ...[text shortened]... ver talk to you so that you can know what He is like? Or does He just keep delivering the goods?
Let me ask you Checkbaiter what happens to people who cant read.People who cannot understand ANY BOOKS.There are people in life like this....some of which are my friends.They can still have a relationship with God as He will still reveal himself to them in a way that is suitable.
O.K. I have had a lot of prayers answered in my life.To talk about it in these forums is something you cannot do.WHY!