Christian Sex

Christian Sex

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
23 Nov 05
1 edit

Originally posted by blindfaith101
FAITH
Please read HEBREW 11:1 thru 12:29
Hebrews 11:1-2 NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Hebrews tells us that faith is proof, evidence, not just a belief but first hand knowledge of that which has been experienced.

Most Christians simply believe that the scriptures are true and consider this to be evidence. I would argue that taking somebody else’s word for something that happened thousands of years ago is not proof.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! Or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Heaven is inside of us according to Jesus, has any of us experienced it?

I John 3:1 Behold, what manner of love the father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God.

Was Jesus not the son of God?

Matt 10:24-25 The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his Lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his Lord.

Here Jesus says that he expects us to be like him. Are we?
Is it enough to simply believe, or is more required from us?

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by The Chess Express
Hebrews 11:1-2 NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 2 For by it the elders obtained a good report.

Hebrews tells us that faith is proof, evidence, not just a belief but first hand knowledge of that which has been experienced.

Most Christians simply believe that the scriptures are true and consider ...[text shortened]... d those that diligently sought God. Is it enough to simply believe, or is more required from us?
Does that not mean that if you have Faith in JESUS CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD, and not doubt you will be saved.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
23 Nov 05
2 edits

Does that not mean that if you have Faith in JESUS CHRIST, THE WORD OF GOD, and not doubt you will be saved.
Yes, I agree. My point is that faith is not what many Christians make it out to be. I’ve noticed that there is a tendency among Christians to simply believe that Jesus has died for them and then they are automatically saved.

What proof do they have? Scripture is not really proof, and it is seen. We don’t hope for the scripture we hope for Heaven, so according to Hebrews 11:1 and Luke 17:21 the scripture is not proof, and it does not produce faith.

“Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen…“ Faith is proof, empiricle evidence, knowledge gained through experience.

I do believe that some have gained this type of true faith, but I also think that What Jesus said in Matt 7:21 is probably more accurate than we would like to believe.

s

England

Moves
23 Nov 05
1 edit

I believe that all of the Saved are asleep in their graves, but are in the arms of GOD at the same time. They have not yet begunn to enjoy the new life that GOD has promised yet, but will when we all get there.
sorry for the length of time been busy. What you say here should be the body returns to the earth towhich it came from the soul to god from which it came from and will not awake till the day god has set.

s

England

Moves
23 Nov 05

Then I would suggest to you that you get saved. For you are condemning yourself to everlasting damnation. THE WORD OF GOD, says what it means, and means what it says.
then my suggestion is that man even you are judging other men and this is not one of the teachings by which we live it is for god to judge man. Better stick to the bible quotes than try to use your own they will come back at you if you do not have the authority of his grace.

s

England

Moves
23 Nov 05

[b]Yes, I agree. My point is that faith is not what many Christians make it out to be. I’ve noticed that there is a tendency among Christians to simply believe that Jesus has died for them and then they are automatically saved.

faith.
this is how the churches teach follow us and be saved. But priests and others by whatever they call themselves cannot gaurentee this but people by there acts and deeds will be seen by god then he will say when you did this for one of these you did it to me

W
Angler

River City

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by specs57
To truly become saved you must start a relationship with God, and I in my experience with this relationship find it very hard to believe that anyone who has experienced it could possibly turn away and say it never happened.
Is this relationship Platonic?

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Yes, I agree. My point is that faith is not what many Christians make it out to be. I’ve noticed that there is a tendency among Christians to simply believe that Jesus has died for them and then they are automatically saved.

What proof do they have? Scripture is not really proof, and it is seen. We don’t hope for the scripture we hope for Heave ...[text shortened]... think that What Jesus said in Matt 7:21 is probably more accurate than we would like to believe.
There is Scriptual proof that most Christians ignore, or believe that it does not mean them.
MATTHEW 7:6
MARK 8:33-37
LUKE 9:22-27
ROMANS 11:16 12;1-21
1 CORINTHIANS 3:16,17 6:12-20
EPHESIANS 5:12-29
COLOSSIANS 1:12-29 3:12-17
I TIMOTHY 2:1-8
2 TIMOTHY 1:6-14
TITUS 1:6-16
HEBREW 7:11-28
1 PETER 1:13-23
There are those Christians that believe that they can believe in CHRIST and still live whatever kind of life style that they want. that they can violate GOD'S law and still be saved. When THE WORD clearly Demands that we are to live HOLY before GOD and the World.

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by stoker
sorry for the length of time been busy. What you say here should be the body returns to the earth towhich it came from the soul to god from which it came from and will not awake till the day god has set.
Yes thank-you

l

London

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by Wulebgr
Is this relationship Platonic?
Only if it's Ideal.

(Sorry - couldn't resist 🙂)

b

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by stoker
then my suggestion is that man even you are judging other men and this is not one of the teachings by which we live it is for god to judge man. Better stick to the bible quotes than try to use your own they will come back at you if you do not have the authority of his grace.
THE WORD OF GOD is the Judge, not I. THE WORD OF GOD, is not to be ignored. I am only doing what I have been instructed to do by THE WORD OF GOD. THE WORD by which I am saved, and must live by. All those that believe in and live by THE WORD OF GOD, have both the Grace and the Authority to Speak THE WORD.
You are right every Word that I am saying here and in all of my life. I am going to be held accountable by that same WORD OF GOD, that I am saying.

TCE

Colorado

Moves
23 Nov 05

There is Scriptual proof that most Christians ignore, or believe that it does not mean them.
MATTHEW 7:6
MARK 8:33-37
LUKE 9:22-27
ROMANS 11:16 12;1-21
1 CORINTHIANS 3:16,17 6:12-20
EPHESIANS 5:12-29
COLOSSIANS 1:12-29 3:12-17
I TIMOTHY 2:1-8
2 TIMOTHY 1:6-14
TITUS 1:6-16
HEBREW 7:11-28
1 PETER ...[text shortened]... still be saved. When THE WORD clearly Demands that we are to live HOLY before GOD and the World.
These verses don’t offer proof.

Hebrews 11:1-2 NOW FAITH is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

The scriptures are seen, and experiencing persecution is not what Christians hope for (at least it shouldn’t be).

W
Angler

River City

Moves
23 Nov 05

Originally posted by lucifershammer
Only if it's Ideal.

(Sorry - couldn't resist 🙂)
You are doing the work of the devil.

s

USA

Moves