Christian perfection in James

Christian perfection in James

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 19

@SecondSon

Isn't that what I said?

I may have missed you on it.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
How about telling people about the Good Samaritan or the story of the Rich Man and Lazarus. ? Have you ? NO, you have never done that. Have you told anyone that Jesus said that it is those sheep who follow his commandments to feed the poor, clothe the naked, help those in need, will get eternal life? Never have you done that.
Do you want to hear stories, or do you want to know how to be saved?

This debate is simple. It's about how one is saved and receives eternal life.

You say the scriptures teach that eternal life and salvation is acquired by keeping the law and doing good works, that salvation and eternal life are a reward.

All the rest of us say the scriptures teach that eternal life is a free gift of God's grace, through faith and not of works.

Is that simple enough for you to grasp?

No it's not, apparently. You seem to need to become shrill, like a little girl, and hurl invectives, judge, condemn, ridicule and hate.

We're most happy that you're not God because you exemplify everything except the character of Jesus with that attitude.

In fact, you exhibit the traits Jesus says are antithetical to His gospel, that you continually harp about.

It's really really weird.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Oct 19

@sonship said
@SecondSon

Isn't that what I said?

I may have missed you on it.
I think suzianne did too. 🙂

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 19
1 edit

@secondson said
Do you want to hear stories, or do you want to know how to be saved?

This debate is simple. It's about how one is saved and receives eternal life.

You say the scriptures teach that eternal life and salvation is acquired by keeping the law and doing good works, that salvation and eternal life are a reward.

All the rest of us say the scriptures teach that eternal lif ...[text shortened]... s says are antithetical to His gospel, that you continually harp about.

It's really really weird.
Again Jesus said nothing of the sort. Those stories as you foolishly put it are illustrations of what is NECESSARY AND REQUIRED FOR ETERNAL LIFE, straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ. Clearly your belief in Christ is a sham.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
I have heard you say NOTHING about keeping the commandments of Christ. Have you ever on this site told anyone that Jesus said

[i]Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness ...[text shortened]... ou are a mouth worshiper and you promote a doctrine that is contrary to Christ, hence it is Satanic.
Even in this conversation I have said we are to obey the Lord, yet the one thing you refuse to acknowledge is the one thing the scripture asks of us. Is Jesus Christ in your life, is the Holy Spirit in your life, that is the test that scriptures asks us to see if we are walking in the faith of God, and this is the one thing you say NOTHING about.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
28 Oct 19

@SecondSon

She stepped in to help my understanding.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
Even in this conversation I have said we are to obey the Lord, yet the one thing you refuse to acknowledge is the one thing the scripture asks of us. Is Jesus Christ in your life, is the Holy Spirit in your life, that is the test that scriptures asks us to see if we are walking in the faith of God, and this is the one thing you say NOTHING about.
Is that how you preach the teachings of Christ? Thats pitiful.

Paul said to test yourself. Paul did not say to for you to test me.

I do not ask anyone to test themselves neither to give out personal information on a chat forum. Neither do I respond to such requests.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
28 Oct 19
1 edit

@rajk999 said
Is that how you preach the teachings of Christ? Thats pitiful.

Paul said to test yourself. Paul did not say to for you to test me.

I do not ask anyone to test themselves neither to give out personal information on a chat forum. Neither do I respond to such requests.
You pass judgment on people all the time here, get off your high horse.

We are all told to test ourselves to see if we are walking in the faith if we don't have Jesus in us we have failed; the scriptures also tell us that if the Holy Spirit is not in us we don't belong to God. Now you can do a lot of good works by obeying the letter there are going be many people who think because they do this or that they are good, but the way is narrow, if you are not walking with Jesus, in the Spirit of God, you don't belong to God! Jesus is the Way, gate is narrow, way is hard! What does it matter in the end if you hear the words, “I never knew you,” then all of your boasting about good works will be meaningless?

Matthew 7:14
For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

John 10:8-10 English Standard Version (ESV)
All who came before me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not listen to them. I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out and find pasture. The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

2 Corinthians 13:5
Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?—unless indeed you fail to meet the test!

Romans 8:9
You, however, are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if in fact the Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
Again Jesus said nothing of the sort. Those stories as you foolishly put it are illustrations of what is NECESSARY AND REQUIRED FOR ETERNAL LIFE, straight from the mouth of Jesus Christ. Clearly your belief in Christ is a sham.
So then, Mr. Apostolic Authority, explain how the thief on the cross next to Jesus was able to enter into life eternal since he never had a chance to earn eternal life by keeping the law and doing good works.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
You pass judgment on people all the time here, get off your high horse.

We are all told to test ourselves to see if we are walking in the faith if we don't have Jesus in us we have failed; the scriptures also tell us that if the Holy Spirit is not in us we don't belong to God. Now you can do a lot of good works by obeying the letter there are going be many people who thin ...[text shortened]... e Spirit of God dwells in you. Anyone who does not have the Spirit of Christ does not belong to him.
I pass judgment on the DOCTRINE PREACHED BY PEOPLE. I have nothing to say or to ask about their personal lives or if they are saved, if they believe in God, Christ or stupid questions about if they test themselves or if they do good works. I have no interest in that. If you do then please bother someone else with your infantile childish nonsense.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
28 Oct 19

@secondson said
So then, Mr. Apostolic Authority, explain how the thief on the cross next to Jesus was able to enter into life eternal since he never had a chance to earn eternal life by keeping the law and doing good works.
First keeping the LAW is not a requirement laid down by Christ.
Keeping the commandments of Christ is a requirement for eternal life.
Let me know if you want more references.
I have no comment on the thief on the cross as Jesus is the one to judge.
The man was probably a good man who did good works.
The other thief was probably an evil man who were workers of iniquity.
None of that changes what Jesus and all the Apostles said about good works, and keeping the commandments which you conveniently ignore.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
28 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
First keeping the LAW is not a requirement laid down by Christ.
Keeping the commandments of Christ is a requirement for eternal life.
Let me know if you want more references.
I have no comment on the thief on the cross as Jesus is the one to judge.
The man was probably a good man who did good works.
The other thief was probably an evil man who were workers of iniquity.
...[text shortened]... all the Apostles said about good works, and keeping the commandments which you conveniently ignore.
Dodge.

The thief was going to hell. The thief was cursing and mocking Jesus like the other. What changed Rajk? What did the thief do so that Jesus told him he would be in paradise?

Show some integrity.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
29 Oct 19

Only the first thief mocked Jesus, not the one who Jesus spoke to.

According to the exchange of dialogue the second thief:

- rebuked the other thief’s unbelief and mockery
- exhorted a fear of God (the beginning of wisdom, ~ once revelation of one’s condition has come)
- he acknowledged his condition and just punishment
- recognised Jesus was innocent
- appealed to Jesus directly for mercy

Pretty much how to get saved on the back of a pack of cards.
-

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
29 Oct 19

@rajk999 said
I pass judgment on the DOCTRINE PREACHED BY PEOPLE. I have nothing to say or to ask about their personal lives or if they are saved, if they believe in God, Christ or stupid questions about if they test themselves or if they do good works. I have no interest in that. If you do then please bother someone else with your infantile childish nonsense.
You pass judgment on how you justify it is meaningless; you have been very personal in some of your attacks on some here and people you don't know. The scripture tests about walking in the faith are something you are supposed to ask of yourself, and it isn't something I can answer and don't even need to know. The only thing you better understand grasp in no uncertain terms is that you are walking in the faith, in Jesus Christ, and He in you. You get that wrong, none of your bravado will matter, because you knew enough to know what God required, and you rejected Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
29 Oct 19

@kellyjay said
You pass judgment on how you justify it is meaningless; you have been very personal in some of your attacks on some here and people you don't know. The scripture tests about walking in the faith are something you are supposed to ask of yourself, and it isn't something I can answer and don't even need to know. The only thing you better understand grasp in no uncertain terms i ...[text shortened]... f your bravado will matter, because you knew enough to know what God required, and you rejected Him.
I dont know you personally and dont need to, to call you an idiot. I make that conclusion based on what you say.