Case for Christ (Not Strobel)

Case for Christ (Not Strobel)

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Krackpot Kibitzer

Right behind you...

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by Darfius
Whoa, whoa, 'child'? I thought I told you that children who die as children go to Heaven automatically? Don't make me out to be a monster.

I might appear like a monster to you, because you think my beliefs are not fact. Whereas I think the facts are fact. My empathy for you is the most sincere there is, in my world of facts.

And yes, I wholehear ...[text shortened]... Luther King goes to Heaven. If you think that makes me a 'frightening person', then so be it.
What makes you a frightening person, Darfius, is not that you think Martin Luther King should go to heaven and Hitler to hell, but that you think that ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS goes to hell, including your very own offspring if they grow up to disagree, and that YOU APPROVE OF THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS IN PRINCIPLE.

It is the fact that you APPROVE OF THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS IN PRINCIPLE makes you a immoral monster.

The Apologist

Moves
10 Mar 05

Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
What makes you a frightening person, Darfius, is not that you think Martin Luther King should go to heaven and Hitler to hell, but that you think that ANYONE WHO DISAGREES WITH YOUR RELIGIOUS BELIEFS goes to hell, including your very own offspring if they grow up to disagree, and that YOU APPROVE OF THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS IN PRINCIPLE.

It is the fact that you APPROVE OF THIS STATE OF AFFAIRS IN PRINCIPLE makes you a immoral monster.
Or would agreeing with it and attempting to do nothing about it make me a monster?