Can anyone

Can anyone

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
why would i not take correction from you FMF, indeed, I have come to accept (although it has taken some time) that to view an adversary as an enemy is quite wrong, they are in many instances simply a necessary prerequisite to establish truth πŸ˜€
Well you yourself said "its always interesting to be pedantic to an insufferable pedant". All I am saying is that if you are deliberately being "pedantic", then it's be better to be on target with your pedantry.

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
Well you yourself said "its always interesting to be pedantic to an insufferable pedant". All I am saying is that if you are deliberately being "pedantic", then it's be better to be on target with your pedantry.
meh its not such a big deal

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Apr 14

I have come to accept [...] that to view an adversary as an enemy is quite wrong...
Absolutely; there are other "mechanisms" here at RHP which help to avoid all that nasty up close and personal stuff isn't there.

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

meh its not such a big deal
No one has claimed it is a big deal. But it's interesting that you have felt the need to post three times [so far] in defence of something that you claim is "not such a big deal".

rc

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
No one has claimed it is a big deal. But it's interesting that you have felt the need to post three times [so far] in defence of something that you claim is "not such a big deal".
Hum Ho, life goes on

Z

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
One Codicil for Science: No Laws are legislated or executed by science; science observes and studies them. Yes? No? Other?
assuming you are talking about natural laws of physics, genetics, etc, yes, science discovers knowledge, it doesn't invent stuff.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by cashthetrash
What is so great about science. They can't even cure the common cold. And you expect me to believe science hold any merit when it comes to the existence of life? An explosion created the earth and stars and up from the ground came a bubbling goo that suddenly turned into an ape and then some million years or so later somehow humans evolved into what we ...[text shortened]... real proof. Let that soak into your heart for awhile. I'm not sure your mind is up to the task.
Wait a second. I thought man was created last, even according to the book of Genesis.

So, do you, or do you not, agree that apes were here before man?

Z

Moves
30 Apr 14

What is so great about science. They can't even cure the common cold. And you expect me to believe science hold any merit when it comes to the existence of life? An explosion created the earth and stars and up from the ground came a bubbling goo that suddenly turned into an ape and then some million years or so later somehow humans evolved into what we ...[text shortened]... real proof. Let that soak into your heart for awhile. I'm not sure your mind is up to the task.
"What is so great about science."

while saying this with a straight face, you forget that you just used a computer to talk over the internet to some people scattered all over the globe.
the common cold is cured all the time, that is why you don't die from it or constantly have a runny nose and fever. you have most of your teeth in your mouth at the age of 25, you don't have to worry of dying from small pox, polio, etc, you have more than enough food on your plate, which is now made of something that doesn't poison you.

we feed the hungry, cure the sick, improve our lives in countless of ways. because of science. and you ask what is so great about it. with a straight face i imagine.

Z

Moves
30 Apr 14

an explanation based on known and proven physical laws, with countless evidence found is less believable than "god did it with magic"?

i suggest you abstain from saying this to your non zealot friends, you will embarrass yourself.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Wait a second. I thought man was created last, even according to the book of Genesis.

So, do you, or do you not, agree that apes were here before man?
God never said he created a monkey first. And just because he rested doesn't mean he retired from creation. I personally do not agree that apes were before man. And my opinion is my own and not up for debate.

Are you now saying you believe the Bible?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
"What is so great about science."

while saying this with a straight face, you forget that you just used a computer to talk over the internet to some people scattered all over the globe.
the common cold is cured all the time, that is why you don't die from it or constantly have a runny nose and fever. you have most of your teeth in your mouth at the age ...[text shortened]... ways. because of science. and you ask what is so great about it. with a straight face i imagine.
Yes I say it with a straight face because none of it trumps what God has already done is is still doing with man as one of his many tools.

So you are saying a scientist created the internet? I thought Al Gore did. He mixed up a cup of soup and poof out popped the internet. But that is just a theory similar to evolutionists stupid theory.

And now you are saying science has cured the common cold with a straight face. Nope sorry not yet.

The common cold is not and never has been cured by man. If it ever does happen it's because God allowed it to happen.

You are telling us because of science, teeth grow in our mouth up to age 25 with a straight face?

Sorry you can't take credit for that either.

Look I will help you out here. Do you remember Dolly the sheep. You know the goat that was created by human in the name of Science? Supposedly from a test tube or whatever. Well without even knowing it, science just proved creation. The interesting part about it for me is they did it without the need of a male goat. Just something they nicknamed DNA from I believe the inside of the female sheeps mouth. I think they call it cloning.

So the thing is man is studying what God already knew and it's called science. And it still hasn't disproved the existence of God and never will.

Science has cured poverty and hunger. Hummm not doing a very good job of it. I always though Farmers had a hand in it but the truth is God creates food too. And it's a lot healthier for us than it is after science gets a hold of it. That stuff is fattening.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Apr 14
1 edit

God never said he created a monkey first. And just because he rested doesn't mean he retired from creation. I personally do not agree that apes were before man. And my opinion is my own and not up for debate.

Hmm. So, how do you reconcile your view on apes vs. man with Gen 1, which says that man was the the last thing God created?

Edit: Oh, I see. Not up for debate. Just ignore this post. Just another skeptic being difficult.

How's the weather where you live?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Apr 14
3 edits

This poster, SwissGambit, faked a conversion undergoing on April Fool's Day ( April 1rst). Probably more than one of us who don't pay particular attention to dates like Holloween, Christmas, Easter, or even April Fool's Day, took him at his word to try our best to help him.

I don't know the origin of "April Fool's Day". I would not be at all surprised if it came out of Catholic Christiandom in the same manner as "Thor's Day" or "Moon Day" or "Sun Day" or the 25th of December - all dates you would think the skeptic of the Christian Gospel would not want to be in practice of exploiting.

Anyway, giving the long standing skeptic a kindly benefit of a doubt, I too was deceived. However, I did smell something fishy when he said that God told him he had to change first before he came to God. The thought just showing he was inundated with human concepts about turning over a new leaf in self improvement verses coming to Christ as one in need of complete salvation.

I give you fair warning that he may try to deceive you about what he believes.

==========================================

On the matter of man's creation, either before or after the animals:

After considering this puzzle of the descrepancy between chapter 1 and 2 of Genesis, I have come to believe that the contradiction is intentional.

What is common to both accounts? Common to both accounts is that at the apex, the pinnacle of created living things, MAN (or humanity) occupies the preeminent position. And I think that is the major point.

I have honestly come to believe that God revealed the matter so that what is less important is a bit paradoxical and not quite clear. Did the animals preceed Adam? Or did the animals come after Adam ?

I am actually persuaded that the contradiction is divinely intentional. We are EXPERTS at missing the point. We human beings are ingenious when it comes to MISSING the point.

The most important point is, regardless of whether animals preceeded or came after Adam's creation - Adam was the HEAD of all the animals. Time is not the most important matter here. Man's preeminence over all creation and all other living things is the point most important in the revelation from God.

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
an explanation based on known and proven physical laws, with countless evidence found is less believable than "god did it with magic"?

i suggest you abstain from saying this to your non zealot friends, you will embarrass yourself.
I've never said God did it with magic. Those are your misguided words. So you are probably embarrassed now or should be.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonship
This poster, SwissGambit, faked a conversion undergoing on April Fool's Day ( April 1rst). Probably more than one of us who don't pay particular attention to dates like Holloween, Christmas, Easter, or even April Fool's Day, took him at his word to try our best to help him.

I don't know the origin of "April Fool's Day". I would not be at all surprised if ...[text shortened]... e salvation.

I give you fair warning that he may try to deceive you about what he believes.
Your panties are still knotted up over that a whole month later?! πŸ˜•