Calling out ThinkOfOne

Calling out ThinkOfOne

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
Do you agree or disagree with each one?
I disagree with the whole notion of a "torturer god ideology" and any number of "elements" you assert that supports that idea.

There's a whole Bible full of stuff FMF you can refer to, by chapter and verse if you will, that we can discuss along this topic, but I won't answer loaded questions that rephrase and mischaracterize the intent and meaning of said quotations.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
Take it up with people who believe all or most of the 14 things I listed. Don't try to use me as a proxy.
Talk about deflection.

This notion of a "torturer god" is your puppy. You talk about it constantly.

But, apparently, you're to timid intellectually to actually discuss it in real terms relative to the Bible.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
Discuss it with proponents of the ideology I have described. I am not one of its proponents.
That's obtuse. You're the only one I hear talking about it. So I'm taking it up with you.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@secondson said
Talk about deflection.

But, apparently, you're to timid intellectually to actually discuss it in real terms relative to the Bible.
Like I say, take it up with its proponents.

F

Moves
17 Jan 19

@secondson said
I disagree with the whole notion of a "torturer god ideology" and any number of "elements" you assert that supports that idea.
You disagree with all 14 elements that I laid out?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jan 19

@secondson said
Talk about deflection.

'In Hades, where he (the rich man) was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ (Luke 22-24).

Please help me to understand how someone suffering in agony, in fire, is not being tortured?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jan 19

Oh and while I'm here, ToO, when Jesus said he was sent by God, was He lying?!

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
You disagree with all 14 elements that I laid out?
Let's put it this way; I disagree with both what you think the Bible says about God and what you say others say about what the Bible says about God.

Your "14 elements" are a gross misrepresentation of what the Bible teaches and what Christians say relative to everlasting punishment. In fact, they are so far out in left field they're not worthy of serious consideration on any level.

You should be embarrassed for listing them as though they merited even the minutest interest by any serious student of scripture.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
'In Hades, where he (the rich man) was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’ (Luke 22-24).

Please help me to understand how someone suffering in agony, in fire, is not being tortured?
"...because I am in agony in this fire".

The KJV says, "for I am tormented in this flame".

I went over this in detail in another thread. Apparently you missed it.

You probably won't accept this rationale, but look closely at the wording. Does it say "for I am tormented by this flame?

Think sir! Do you really believe the rich man, without a physical frame, in hell, could feel physical pain from a fire?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Jan 19

@secondson said
"...because I am in agony in this fire".

The KJV says, "for I am tormented in this flame".

I went over this in detail in another thread. Apparently you missed it.

You probably won't accept this rationale, but look closely at the wording. Does it say "for I am tormented by this flame?

Think sir! Do you really believe the rich man, without a physical frame, in hell, could feel physical pain from a fire?
What is the function of the fire? (If not to torment).

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said

No one is in Hell yet that is not the Lake of Fire.

S. Korea

Moves
17 Jan 19

@fmf said
Like I say, take it up with its proponents.
Earlier in the thread you said we were all proponents of that.

Now the only two participants who believe in hell have called you out as having not successfully described their beliefs.

We didn't deflect.

You just failed.

And no surprise the guy who uses super aggravating language to irritate others can't even describe their beliefs accurately as he's always tripping over his own bias.

Sinner

Saved by grace

Moves
17 Jan 19

@ghost-of-a-duke said
What is the function of the fire? (If not to torment).
Simply.

Punishment.

For what?

Rejection.

Seams cruel. I know.

F

Moves
18 Jan 19

@philokalia said
Earlier in the thread you said we were all proponents of that.
No, I didn't. I named names. And I mentioned a couple of names of Christians who don't subscribe to torturer god ideology. Do you believe your god figure tortures anyone after they die?

F

Moves
18 Jan 19

@philokalia said
And no surprise the guy who uses super aggravating language to irritate others can't even describe their beliefs accurately as he's always tripping over his own bias.
I think it is an accurate description.