18 Jan '19 08:33
    @secondson said
    Simply.

Punishment.

For what?

Rejection.

Seams cruel. I know.
    But how is that punishment?

You asked me if I, 'really believe the rich man, without a physical frame, in hell, could feel physical pain from a fire?'

If the answer to this question is 'no' then what is the function of a fire that doesn't cause pain and how would such a fire qualify as punishment?

I look forward to your simple answer. 😀
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:38
    @ghost-of-a-duke said
    But how is that punishment?

You asked me if I, 'really believe the rich man, without a physical frame, in hell, could feel physical pain from a fire?'

If the answer to this question is 'no' then what is the function of a fire that doesn't cause pain and how would such a fire qualify as punishment?

I look forward to your simple answer. 😀
    I’ve seen it claimed in here on more than one occiasion that the eternal suffering in hell is not actually suffering as those in hell will not be conscious or aware of it.

Furthermore I’ve also seen it claimed that those in heaven will have their minds wiped of the knowledge of the eternal hell so that the knowledge of their loved ones being burnt alive day by day will not impact their enjoyment in heaven as they sit at the feet of the alleged same Jesus who will be in hell overseeing the apocalyptic flesh-melting carnage.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:47
    @divegeester said
    I’ve seen it claimed in here on more than one occiasion that the eternal suffering in hell is not actually suffering as those in hell will not be conscious or aware of it.
    If the people are not conscious of the suffering, why is there supposedly "weeping and gnashing of teeth"?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 08:551 edit
    @fmf said
    If the people are not conscious of the suffering, why is there supposedly "weeping and gnashing of teeth"?
    Presumably they are involuntary movements caused by some sort of soulish nerve reflex arc like the patellar reflex....?
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:281 edit
    @fmf said
    People attempt to sugarcoat this, it is as bad as it sounds, and is so for the full
    duration of time. The place was created for the devil and his angels, it is a place
    of torrment there isn't way to make it nice, or go away. Evil and wickedness are
    going to be ending in this place, it is the consequence of both of those.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:46
    @kellyjay said
    People attempt to sugarcoat this, it is as bad as it sounds, and is so for the full
    duration of time. The place was created for the devil and his angels, it is a place
    of torrment there isn't way to make it nice, or go away. Evil and wickedness are
    Which of these 14 elements-of-ideology do you believe and not believe?

1: Non-believers are supposedly thrown into a Lake of Fire. ~ 2: Here, they are made to suffer for eternity. ~ 3: This is punishment and revenge for their lack of faith and belief in the Christian God/Jesus. ~ 4: They have 'failed to believe' that they were forgiven by Jesus' sacrifice and resurrection. ~ 5: This lack of belief and failure are unforgivable. ~ 6: In Hell/The Lake of Fire they are not destroyed and they are not allowed to die in order to escape the flames. They are conscious. They are tormented by the flames. ~ 7: This torture is everlasting. ~ 8: The still living Jesus and some angels look on - for eternity - as all these non-Christians suffer in the flames. ~ 9: This punishment is for unforgiven sins and is perfect justice and the ultimate morality. ~ 10: Lack of Christian belief makes a person a willing participant in the rebellion against God of a supernatural figure called Satan. ~ 11: Everyone should fear God's wrath and choose to believe the Jesus story. ~ 12: Christians who believe all these things, and who believe that their sins have been forgiven BECAUSE they believe all these things, go to Heaven. ~ 13: God created billions and billions of human beings with the explicit foreknowledge that they would adhere to other religions and traditions and, as a consequence, be subjected to everlasting torture in this way. ~ 14: But, because of 'free will', those billions of people who do go to Hell, they send themselves there knowingly and wilfully, even if they do not believe in the torturer god and do not subscribe to the torturer god ideology.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:49
    @kellyjay said
    Of course I think you are completely wrong, but interestingly SecondSon/Jospehw seems to not agree with you either while at the same time maintaining that it’s all literal. It’s quite odd.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 09:49
    @fmf said

1: Non-believers are supposedly thrown into a Lake of Fire. ~ 2: Here, they are made to suffer for eternity. ~ 3: This is punishment and revenge for their lack of faith and belief in the Christian God/Jesus. ~ 4: They have 'failed to believe' that they were forgiven by Jesus' s ...[text shortened]... , even if they do not believe in the torturer god and do not subscribe to the torturer god ideology.
    Stop asking difficult questions FMF
  9. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 10:28
    @divegeester said

Furthermore I’ve also seen it claimed that those in heaven will have their minds wiped of the knowledge of the eternal hell so that the knowledge of their loved ones being burnt alive day by day will ...[text shortened]... feet of the alleged same Jesus who will be in hell overseeing the apocalyptic flesh-melting carnage.
    It appears to me that he wants it both ways. On one hand the fires of hell are a punishment, but on the other those consumed by such fires are not able to feel physical pain. (Which then of course begs the question, how is that a punishment? )

I don't like Kelly's answer either, but at least he is not trying to have his cake an eat it. (Always looking for an opportunity to use that expression).

Secondson's hell sounds more like a warm mug of cocoa.
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:02
    @fmf said

1: Non-believers are supposedly thrown into a Lake of Fire. ~ 2: Here, they are made to suffer for eternity. ~ 3: This is punishment and revenge for their lack of faith and belief in the Christian God/Jesus. ~ 4: They have 'failed to believe' that they were forgiven by Jesus' s ...[text shortened]... , even if they do not believe in the torturer god and do not subscribe to the torturer god ideology.
    Bottom line reason for Hell is evil, the rebellion against what is loving and righteous.
    Non-believers and believers are going to end up in Hell, the only distinction
    between them will be those who are right with God through Jesus Christ. This
    means you can actually mouth acceptance to Christ but not serve Him, as it has
    been pointed out before not everyone who says, "Lord, Lord" belongs to the
    Lord. Hell will be around as long as Heaven. Hell is for the evil and wicked, there
    are those that love evil more than the righteousness that God offers to us in
    Christ Jesus, and will prefer it to Jesus Christ, so they get what they want. Life and
    death are put before us, if we choose poorly we reap what we sow.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:14
    @kellyjay said
    Bottom line reason for Hell is evil, the rebellion against what is loving and righteous.
    between them will be those who are right with God through Jesus Christ. This
    means you can actually mouth acceptance to Christ but not serve Him, as it has
    been pointed out before not everyone who says, "Lo ...[text shortened]... they get what they want. Life and
    death are put before us, if we choose poorly we reap what we sow.
    Which of the 14 elements-of-ideology do you believe and not believe? I have numbered them for you.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:20
    @fmf said
    Which of the 14 elements-of-ideology do you believe and not believe? I have numbered them for you.
    Work it out.
    I'm not interested in your 14 elements, as you have shown me I can give you
    what you want and your still not happy.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:20
    @kellyjay said
    between them will be those who are right with God through Jesus Christ.
    So for you, your belief in Jesus does not guarantee "salvation"? Indeed, you may be a believer who is going to "end up in Hell" if your living out of the notion of being "right with God through Jesus Christ" falls short in some way, is that right?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:24
    @kellyjay said
    Work it out.
    I'm not interested in your 14 elements, as you have shown me I can give you
    what you want and your still not happy.
    I'd prefer for you to go through them. I think you will agree with more than 10 or them or indeed all 14 perhaps. SecondSon is dodging them too. Why would you both be so evasive?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Jan '19 11:26
    @kellyjay said
    duration of time.
    Is this you sending a message to SecondSon through me?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree