Calling out RBHILL

Calling out RBHILL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
they are not necessary for anything. The point is salvation and there is only 1 way to be saved....and it has nothing to do with works. Since you can't lose salvation what is the point of your "good works".
Well that's a different objection, now isn't it? Please see all the references no1 has provided above. Why should we listen to you, when Jesus himself claims otherwise?

d

Moves
12 Apr 06

they are not necessary for anything. The point is salvation and there is only 1 way to be saved....and it has nothing to do with works. Since you can't lose salvation what is the point of your "good works".
To save no1 from repeating himself:

Matthew 25:31-46

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
Luke 10:27-28: 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It's pretty simple RB; you're not "in Christ Jesus" just cuz you ...[text shortened]... "Christian" shouldn't follow Jesus' teachings. See the Sermon on the Mount as well.
I first came to Jesus and then I do my works of Love.

You don't even know how much I have helped out with the Lost, homeless and so on. And if you have noticed that is why I have less games now. So I will start going to a school to learn on evanglism.

d

Moves
12 Apr 06
1 edit

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by darvlay
You're
Possessed by the possession demon?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06

Thanks; I wouldn't want to keep giving the same link - I might get banned for spamming.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

31-34 says "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne,
and all the nations 15 will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
He will place the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
Then the king will say to those on his right, 'Come, you who are blessed by my Father. Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

The "distinction" is that those who are already saved thru Jesus will do good works becuse Jesus has entered their lives and they are a changed person, thus they did do good works. But, good works did not "save" them. See John 3:16 "for God so loved the world that he gave his only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."

d

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by royalchicken
Possessed by the possession demon?
Possessitively.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
I first came to Jesus and then I do my works of Love.

You don't even know how much I have helped out with the Lost, homeless and so on. And if you have noticed that is why I have less games now. So I will start going to a school to learn on evanglism.
no1marauder
I think you should google the book 23 minutes in hell and read the first sample Chapter.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

Thanks; I wouldn't want to keep giving the same link - I might get banned for spamming.
everyone is a sinner, and a sin is a sin. So how could a sinner achieve salvation by doing good works. One who does good works is still a sinner, as is the person who does not do so many good works. And how many people actually do NO good works? your argument is flawed, as usual.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06

31-34 says "When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, he will sit upon his glorious throne,
and all the nations 15 will be assembled before him. And he will separate them one from another, as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.
T ...[text shortened]... gave his only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
Read the whole passage; I know the cult reading of it. He makes no such distinction and you know it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06

everyone is a sinner, and a sin is a sin. So how could a sinner achieve salvation by doing good works. One who does good works is still a sinner, as is the person who does not do so many good works. And how many people actually do NO good works? your argument is flawed, as usual.
Bitch at Jesus, not me. I wonder why he spent soooooooooo much time telling people to do good works for their fellow man if it doesn't make a single bit of difference. I find this reading of the Gospels - which ignores the central tenet of Jesus' teachings - to be utterly bizarre for a "Christian".

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

T ...[text shortened]... gave his only son, that whoever believes in him will not perish but have eternal life."
further proven by:

“Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: shew me thy faith without thy works, and I will shew thee my faith by my works.” –James 2:18

Here James reminds us that the kind of “faith” which is required for salvation will produce actions.

“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast.” –Ephesians 2:8,9

"Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;" Titus 3:5-6

"That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted Christ. In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after ye believed, ye were sealed with the holy Spirit of promise." Eph 1:12-13

"we believe that through the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ we shall be saved, even as they" Acts 15:11

"I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain" Galatians 2:2

"Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus" Romans 3: 22-24

"Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law" Romans 3:27-28

"Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified" Galatians 2:16

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

Bitch at Jesus, not me. I wonder why he spent soooooooooo much time telling people to do good works for their fellow man if it doesn't make a single bit of difference. I find this reading of the Gospels - which ignores the central tenet of Jesus' teachings - to be utterly bizarre for a "Christian".
it's ok no1, you are just wrong. take it like a man.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06

it's ok no1, you are just wrong. take it like a man.
You can't even read and understand the teachings of the one you call Divine. Pathetic. I note you quote above all Pauline verses and not a single one from the Gospels. "Christian", indeed!