Calling out RBHILL

Calling out RBHILL

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

L

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by RBHILL
Why not give your life to Christ
Because it's mine, Goddammit.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06
1 edit

Man is justified by faith.

And yes I have read all the NT before.
And I am reading it again on a Bible in a year.
I am in the books of Lev., Ps., and Acts.

If is the works that God gave the person in advance before they were a Christian and now that they are they can do those Good works that are from God not of yourself.
That's what your cult leaders say, not what the Book of James says.

7 edits

The moral highground

Moves
12 Apr 06

But wh follow those works when you can just get forgiven.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06
1 edit

Why not give your life to Christ and then God will here from you and you can ask him to show you why.

Isaiah 1:15-16
You need to start studying the Tao rather than believing in your "Big Daddy" God. Here's a link: http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/tao/TaoTeChing.html

Follow the path to true enlightenment, RB.

L

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by no1marauder
You need to start studying the Tao rather than believing in your "Big Daddy" God. Here's a link: http://www.wam.umd.edu/~stwright/rel/tao/TaoTeChing.html

Follow the path to true enlightenment, RB.
I concur with this good advice. From my studies, Tao Te Ching is far more enlightening than The Bible.

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
12 Apr 06

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Apr 06

no1marauder I have told you what James says to me.

Jesus says to this guy in Luke 10:26 What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?

So I say to you what does this verse say to you?
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
12 Apr 06

That's what your cult leaders say, not what the Book of James says.
LOL, your telling me that Jesus is a cult leader of me.
LOL, He is the person I listen to. Not anyone else.
He can speak through people you now. And 3 times he has spoken the same verses to me by three different people. He was telling me though those people not to worry about my past.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 06

no1marauder I have told you what James says to me.

Jesus says to this guy in Luke 10:26 What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?

So I say to you what does this verse say to you?
Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Luke 10:27-28: 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It's pretty simple RB; you're not "in Christ Jesus" just cuz you say so. Jesus makes it clear you have to perform works of love, charity and mercy to your fellow Man. All the faith in the world won't grant you salvation absent good works; that's what Jesus himself says in Matthew 25:31-46 and it's the central point of James 2. That Paul might have said some things in a few verses that seem to contradict this doesn't mean that a "Christian" shouldn't follow Jesus' teachings. See the Sermon on the Mount as well.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

Luke 10:27-28: 27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbor as thyself.

28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

It's pretty simple RB; you're not "in Christ Jesus" just cuz you ...[text shortened]... "Christian" shouldn't follow Jesus' teachings. See the Sermon on the Mount as well.
No one is saved thru good works. If so there would be no point to Jesus' sacrafice on the cross. That sacrafice washed away our sins. Every one is a sinner, thus there is NO way anyone could ever WORK there way to heaven.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Apr 06

If is the works that God gave the person in advance before they were a Christian and now that they are they can do those Good works that are from God not of yourself.
Word salad.

r
CHAOS GHOST!!!

Elsewhere

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by bbarr
Word salad.
What is the origin of this expression? It's one of my favourite figures of speech, but I don't know where it comes from.

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by NimzovichLarsen
No one is saved thru good works. If so there would be no point to Jesus' sacrafice on the cross. That sacrafice washed away our sins. Every one is a sinner, thus there is NO way anyone could ever WORK there way to heaven.
He's not claiming that works are sufficient for salvation, but that they're necessary. Pretty simple distinction, really.

N

cube# 6484

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by bbarr
He's not claiming that works are sufficient for salvation, but that they're necessary. Pretty simple distinction, really.
they are not necessary for anything. The point is salvation and there is only 1 way to be saved....and it has nothing to do with works. Since you can't lose salvation what is the point of your "good works".

Chief Justice

Center of Contention

Moves
12 Apr 06

Originally posted by royalchicken
What is the origin of this expression? It's one of my favourite figures of speech, but I don't know where it comes from.
I don't know. I heard it when I was doing cog. psych. as an udergrad. Its ubiquitous in the psych. literature.