1. The moral highground
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 22:19
    If all we need to do is repent and we are saved why is there the rest of the bible?

Why not simply ferget 10 commandments etc, when they could siimply say do what you want but then repent. Since acording to you this is what you need to do to get into heaven not actually do good things.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 22:50
    Originally posted by Brother Edwin
    If all we need to do is repent and we are saved why is there the rest of the bible?

Why not simply ferget 10 commandments etc, when they could siimply say do what you want but then repent. Since acording to you this is what you need to do to get into heaven not actually do good things.
    Accordion.
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 23:15

And in only 7 edits. The Scrib would be proud.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 23:22
    Originally posted by David C
    And in only 7 edits. The Scrib would be proud.
    28 now, Xanthos.
  5. The moral highground
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 23:33
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Accordion.
    what?
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 23:44
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    28 now, Xanthos.
    In all fairness, I just woke up.
  7. The sky
    Moves
    11 Apr '06 23:55
    28 now, Xanthos.
    Are you and Xanthos counting how many people fall for it? Or what the heck are you talking about?
  8. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 02:40
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Are you and Xanthos counting how many people fall for it? Or what the heck are you talking about?
    Thread 41445

As for BothererEdwin, your post made as little sense as mine did. Try harder next time.
  9. The sky
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 15:06
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Thread 41445

As for BothererEdwin, your post made as little sense as mine did. Try harder next time.
    Bandoneón.
  10. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 16:031 edit

The 10 commandemtns are there to lead you to Christ. He came to set you free from the law. But as Chrstian you still can try to honor the law but you will fall short every day. That is where the word GRACE comes in.
    James 2:10
    For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Look at the way of the master page.

Romans 8:1 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

That there tells me that being in Christ I am saved.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 16:08

Ephesians 2:10
    For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

God gave us Christians to do the good works, so really it is him that does them.

Romans 9:22-24
    22What if God, choosing to show his wrath and make his power known, bore with great patience the objects of his WRATH—prepared for destruction?
    23What if he did this to make the riches of his glory known to the objects of his MERCY, whom he prepared in advance for glory—
    24even us, whom he also CALLED, not only from the Jews but also from the Gentiles?
  12. The moral highground
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 17:46
    But why have all that when they are not needed? Why not simply say redem and you go to heaven? Since whoever you are you are a sinner anyway.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 17:53
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    The 10 commandemtns are there to lead you to Christ. He came to set you free from the law. But as Chrstian you still can try to honor the law but you will fall short every day. That is where the word GRACE comes in.
    James 2:10
    For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

Look at the way of the master ...[text shortened]... ation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

That there tells me that being in Christ I am saved.
    I bet you never even read the rest of James 2. Here it is:

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou dost not commit adultery, but killest, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as men that are to be judged by a law of liberty.

13 For judgment is without mercy to him that hath showed no mercy: mercy glorieth against judgment.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, if a man say he hath faith, but have not works? can that faith save him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked and in lack of daily food,

16 and one of you say unto them, Go in peace, be ye warmed and filled; and yet ye give them not the things needful to the body; what doth it profit?

17 Even so faith, if it have not works, is dead in itself.

18 Yea, a man will say, Thou hast faith, and I have works: show me thy faith apart from thy works, and I by my works will show thee my faith.

19 Thou believest that God is one; thou doest well: the demons also believe, and shudder.

20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith apart from works is barren?

21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, in that he offered up Isaac his son upon the altar?

22 Thou seest that faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect;

23 and the scripture was fulfilled which saith, And Abraham believed God, and it was reckoned unto him for righteousness; and he was called the friend of God.

24 Ye see that by works a man is justified, and not only by faith.

25 And in like manner was not also Rahab the harlot justified by works, in that she received the messengers, and sent them out another way?

26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, even so faith apart from works is dead.

"By works a man is justified, and not only by faith".
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 18:08
    I bet you never even read the rest of James 2. Here it is:

11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou dost not commit adultery, but killest, thou art become a transgressor of the law.

12 So speak ye, and so do, as men that are to be judged by a law of liberty.

13 For judgment is without mercy to him tha ...[text shortened]... aith apart from works is dead.

"By works a man is justified, and not only by faith".
    Man is justified by faith.

And yes I have read all the NT before.
    And I am reading it again on a Bible in a year.
    I am in the books of Lev., Ps., and Acts.

If is the works that God gave the person in advance before they were a Christian and now that they are they can do those Good works that are from God not of yourself.
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    California
    Moves
    12 Apr '06 18:09
    But why have all that when they are not needed? Why not simply say redem and you go to heaven? Since whoever you are you are a sinner anyway.
    Why not give your life to Christ and then God will here from you and you can ask him to show you why.

Isaiah 1:15-16

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree