Call on Jesus 10 Times

Call on Jesus 10 Times

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Mar 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

I know that footnote.
And again I wrote [with some clarification] concerning your objection -

Anyone has the right to not agree with the exposition of typology or symbolism.
What can be deduced with symbolism Lee never allows to be more important [than the] plainer teaching [of Scripture]. Symbolism is only meant to enhance what is clearly taught elsewhere.
I believe the following doesn't enhance scripture:

"..the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man,.."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 21
4 edits

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

"..the number four signifies creatures, especially man. Hence, three plus four means that God is added to the created man,.."

Since you do not believe that there is any God to be added to man, I perfectly understand why you would find this kind of exposition would not "enhance scripture."

Some of us who look deeper into this do notice that the seven churches are
grouped in three plus four. I leave it to you to discover what categorizes the three churches (Ephesus, Pergamos, Smyrna) in the group of three and what causes the four churches (Thyatira, Sardis, Philadelphia, and Laocdicea) to be together, making four plus three.

And other similar groups exist with other occurrences of seven somethings in Revelation.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Mar 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

Since you do not believe that there is any God to be added to man, I perfectly understand why you would find this kind of exposition would not "enhance script ...[text shortened]... hree.

And other similar groups exist with other occurrences of seven somethings in Revelation.
My atheism notwithstanding, I believe what I quoted doesn't enhance scripture, or indeed relate to it.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 21
4 edits

@ghost-of-a-duke said
My atheism notwithstanding, I believe what I quoted doesn't enhance scripture, or indeed relate to it.
Okay.

Do you have two Bible verses about God and man that you think do enhance Scripture?

How about "I will impart My laws into their mind, and on their hearts I will inscribe them; and I will be God to them, and they will be a people to Me."

Does that enhance Scripture for you?

How about "I will dwell among them and walk among them; and I will be their God, and they will be My people."

en·hance
/inˈhans,enˈhans/

verb
intensify, increase, or further improve the quality, value, or extent of.
"his refusal does nothing to enhance his reputation"
Similar:
increase
add to
intensify
magnify
amplify
inflate
strengthen
From Google Dictionary

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Mar 21

@sonship said
Okay.

Do you have two Bible verses about God and man that you think do enhance Scripture?

How about "I will impart My laws into their mind, and on their hearts I will inscribe them; and I will be God to them, and they will be a people to Me."

How about [b]"I will dwell among them and walk among them; and I will be the ...[text shortened]...
increase
add to
intensify
magnify
amplify
inflate
strengthen
[/quote] From Google Dictionary
Scripture enhances scripture. Not the ramblings of a false prophet.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
17 Mar 21
1 edit

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You didn't answer the questions did you?

What two passages about the relationship of God and man enhances for you the Scripture? What was wrong with the two that I submitted?

The ministry of the Holy Spirit greatly enhances the nourishing of faith and enlightenment of Scripture. That is according to Scripture itself. Jesus said the Holy Spirit will guide the believers into all the truth.

Now what I DID NOT say above: I did not say each and every kind of teaching using symbolism, allegory, typology ALWAYS and WITHOUT FAIL enhances the ministry of the truth in Scripture. I am not claiming automatic enhancement always. I like to think we Christians have and develop and grow in our ability to take the treatments on a case by case basis.

So don't misunderstand me. Some usage of numbers in a way of symbolism down through the ages HAS imo enhanced the enlightenment of the truth conveyed by Scripture. If there is a question about a particular case I personally would pay attention to whether the concepts taught can be found in plainer language as clear biblical teaching.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 Mar 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

You didn't answer the questions did you?

What two passages about the relationship of God and man enhances for you the Scripture? What was wrong with the two that I submitted?
Why does scripture need anything to enhance it? And how can passages 'within' scripture enhance scripture? Why are you asking daft questions?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Mar 21

@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So you only go for scripture to enhance scripture.
But you can't produce two examples of this, or won't.

This seems consistent with the atheist who deems himself an expert on what is unorthodox teaching from the Bible.

So and so is a charlatan.
So who is a an accurate expounder not deviating from the right teaching of the Bible?

Bertrand Russell?
Voltaire?
Thomas Jefferson perhaps?

You mentioned positively A. W. Tozer once.
If he is a good example of a very orthodox Bible expositor why don't you believe him then? It accurate and true to the text.

You don't trust Witness Lee but you do trust A.W. Tozer?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Mar 21

Ghost if you say the teaching is right but it is not true, I would say that the teaching then IS NOT right.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Mar 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
I don't think Jesus was practicing numerology here. He was drawing attention to some symbolic spiritual significance to numbers. Brother Lee sometimes did the same as well as many other Bible teachers.
No Jesu wasn’t drawing attention to the significance of numbers in the example you gave, you are just regurgitating what you’ve been taught about what Witness Lee taught about numerology.

I do think that your church leaders would be disappointed with how you are poorly representing the teachings of Lee, irrespective of how erroneous as all this numerology stuff is.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Mar 21
1 edit

@divegeester

You have that right to have that opinion.

One thing is certain. He taught about the Lord Jesus.
In fact the New Testament is completely focused on the Lord Jesus Christ.

But I think you have not realized the Lord part even up to now.
This is more serious concern, to receive Jesus Christ as the saving Lord.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
18 Mar 21

@sonship said
@divegeester
This is more serious concern, to receive Jesus Christ as the saving Lord.
You must of course feel free to keep spouting whatever jazz-handed Jesus saves rhetoric you think will divert attention from the criticism of you regurgitating error.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 Mar 21

@sonship said
@Ghost-of-a-Duke

So you only go for scripture to enhance scripture.
But you can't produce two examples of this, or won't.
Can a segment of an orange enhance the orange?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
18 Mar 21
1 edit

@divegeester

You must of course feel free to keep spouting whatever jazz-handed Jesus saves rhetoric you think will divert attention from the criticism of you regurgitating error.

But what about wanting to know the Lord?

Is there something that so troubles you about the Bible that you simply CANNOT bring yourself to believe in Christ as Lord? You write a lot. I haven't yet seen your answer to this.

Paul said that he counted all things as refuse that he might have the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus his Lord. For the sake of others who are interested (if not you) I will indicate Paul's own words.

"But moreover I also count all things to be loss on account of the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, on account of whom I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as refuse that I may gain Christ." (Phil. 3:8)

He is not talking about initial saving. He is talking about once being saved GAINING Christ and coming to an ever deeper knowledge of his Lord whom he loves so much.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Mar 21
6 edits

No man can say Jesus is Lord except in the Holy Spirit.

"Therefore I make known to you that no one speaking in the Spirit of God says, Jesus is accursed; and no one can say, Jesus is Lord! except in the Holy Spirit." (1 Cor. 12:3)

But one protests " But I don't want to say Lord Jesus 10 automatic times like a robot. God doesn't like that either."

Okay, you have a point. But if your love for the Lord Jesus overflow out you just might want to say those wonderful words more than just once."

See how Daniel called "Lord" repeatedly, overflowing his petition with great desire?

Daniel 9:19 -

" O Lord, hear! O Lord forgive! O Lord, listen and take action! Do not delay for Your own sake, O my God! . . . "

Daniel meant business to be heard by God and to move God's heart. So this is quite okay to call like Daniel.

"O Lord Jesus, hear.
O Lord Jesus, forgive me.
O Lord Jesus, listen and take action.
O Lord Jesus, Lord Jesus I love You Lord.
For Your sake, Lord Jesus act and move in me now."

See? It is safe and effective to open your whole being to the Lord Jesus and pour out your petition to Him meaning serious business with God.