born again christian

born again christian

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12
2 edits

Originally posted by FMF
You have quoted the Bible as condemning stuff like Harry Potter and now you claim you haven't condemned it because you didn't write the Bible?
You are frothing again, I have condemned nothing, you are either delusional or actually
believe your own lies.

F

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
...who is not me, equate in your twisted world to, my moral condemnation, you are frothing at the mouth, please try to control yourself.
My "twisted world"? Me "frothing at the mouth"? These insults seem to be directed at me; why are you personalizing this?

F

Moves
18 Jul 12
1 edit

You are frothing again, I have condemned nothing, you are either delusional or actually believe your own lies.
My "lies"? Do you disagree with someone using Deuteronomy to condemn stuff like Harry Potter, based on your own understanding of the quote you provided?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 12

It condemns spiritsm, sorcery, divination , casting spells, magic etc etc whether Harry
Potter contains these elements, I cannot say, I have seen only small clips.
'Make-believe' ... check the meaning 😀

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
My "twisted world"? Me "frothing at the mouth"? These insults seem to be directed at me; why are you personalizing this?
If you dont want to get personal then you should refrain from getting personal with
others, shouldn't you. after all, the Bible does state that what you are measuring out
will be measured out to you in return, Have you asked that i not personalise it , nope,
have i asked that you refrain from getting personal, yes, but it seems you simply
cannot help yourself, can you.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
'Make-believe' ... check the meaning 😀
I am aware that its fantasy, I need not check the meaning, if you can provide any other
basis for why she may have been reticent, then do so.

F

Moves
18 Jul 12

If you dont want to get personal then you should refrain from getting personal with
others, shouldn't you. after all, the Bible does state that what you are measuring out
will be measured out to you in return, Have you asked that i not personalise it , nope,
have i asked that you refrain from getting personal, yes, but it seems you simply
cannot help yourself, can you.
But it is you who is saying stuff about my "twisted world" and me "frothing at the mouth" and suggesting that I am "lying" on this thread, not me. You are saying these things to me, I am not saying things like this to you. Asking you to explain your assertions and your beliefs, as I have been, is not "making it personal".

F

Moves
18 Jul 12

I am aware that its fantasy, I need not check the meaning, if you can provide any other
You have already stated that the Bible condemns it.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by FMF
You have already stated that the Bible condemns it.
yes, but Rajs comment is stating that its fantasy and therefore it doesn't matter if it
contains these elements. Clearly Tim88's sister had a reason.

F

Moves
18 Jul 12
1 edit

yes, but Rajs comment is stating that its fantasy and therefore it doesn't matter if it
contains these elements. Clearly Tim88's sister had a reason.
And you suggest that it is because the Bible condemns Harry Potter; you even gave us the Deuteronomy quote.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jul 12

I already gave what I think is the reason why people fuss over trivia. I said it was a substitute for doing the important things.

People acting/pretending to do magic and sorcery is in no way shape or form connected to what Deuteronomy says.

Suppose the movie was called The Ten Commandments and it contained people doing magic and sorcery would the same parent restrict the child from watching it?

F

Moves
18 Jul 12

yes, but Rajs comment is stating that its fantasy and therefore it doesn't matter if it contains these elements.
You'd seen clips of Harry Potter films and you didn't realize it was "fantasy"?

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by tim88
my sister was a born again christian - she wouldn't let my niece watch harry potter( if your a born again you cant watch harry )but one day my sister was away for the day in melbourne we are from mildura 600km away so what did i do that's right i let her watch it my niece! anyway my sister found out and boy did i get an ear full - I explained why i think her ...[text shortened]... is and i'm so glad she listened to me her little brother timmy!

so why are you born again?
Every Christian is "born again". It is far from being a "new religion".

Why do you not know this? Have you not read the Bible?

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
And you suggest that it is because the Bible condemns Harry Potter; you even gave us the Deuteronomy quote.
if you can think of any other reason, then let it be known, i have given what appears to
me to be a plausible Biblical reason, you as yet have provided, nada.

rc

Moves
18 Jul 12

Originally posted by Rajk999
I already gave what I think is the reason why people fuss over trivia. I said it was a substitute for doing the important things.

People acting/pretending to do magic and sorcery is in no way shape or form connected to what Deuteronomy says.

Suppose the movie was called The Ten Commandments and it contained people doing magic and sorcery would the same parent restrict the child from watching it?
so you have no plausible reason why Tim88's sister had reservations about letting the
children watch Harry Potter, fine, all else is irrelevant as far as i can discern, so you
dont think its in any way connected, well ok, but she must of had a reason. I dont
agree with your stance, the Bible condemns sorcery etc , whether it matters whether its
in fantasy form remains to be seen and you have provided no reason why it should be
dismissed merely on the basis that its fantasy. Would you have visited the Colosseum
in Rome to watch gladiators fight to the death or christians being killed by wild animals
as entertainment, well its no different than watching people being killed on television as
far as i can discern, for entertainment, even though it might be fictional.