Bloodless surgery wanted by the army......

Bloodless surgery wanted by the army......

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
01 Nov 15
1 edit

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bloodless_medicine_surgery/bloodless_techniques.html

http://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/bloodless_medicine_surgery/case_studies/

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Nov 15

Originally posted by galveston75
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAWhRqCjT9w

Bloodless hospital told to teach army doctors how to do bloodless surgery.
What exactly does this have to do with the 'supernatural, religion or the life after'?

rc

Moves
01 Nov 15

Originally posted by Proper Knob
What exactly does this have to do with the 'supernatural, religion or the life after'?
Hey sup Proper Dweeb? to answer your question the techniques were pioneered in response to Jehovahs Witnesses a religious group who were applying a religious principle.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
01 Nov 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Hey sup Proper Dweeb? to answer your question the techniques were pioneered in response to Jehovahs Witnesses a religious group who were applying a religious principle.
I see. Do the Jehovahs Witnesses support the view expressed by Dr Américo Valério in a 1961 Watchtower publication that blood transfusions were often followed by "moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes"?

rc

Moves
01 Nov 15
4 edits

Originally posted by Proper Knob
I see. Do the Jehovahs Witnesses support the view expressed by Dr Américo Valério in a 1961 Watchtower publication that blood transfusions were often followed by "moral insanity, sexual perversions, repression, inferiority complexes, petty crimes"?
The video is not about blood transfusions. What its actually about is bloodless surgery. How you could have failed to notice this I cannot say. As for Dr Américo Valério I don't know what his findings were based upon and its therefore impossible to make a comment on their validity. Can you provide the data upon which his findings were based? The stance of Jehovahs Witnesses and blood transfusions is well known and readily available, you may find it at jw.org

Cape Town

Moves
01 Nov 15

I think it is important to also note here that many of the worlds greatest scientific inventions and developments were motivated by war. In fact I often hear it touted as an excuse for military spending ie 'well we might get all these other good developments'. I personally disagree. I would rather develop the best medicine (including surgery techniques) without war or religion being needed to drive the developments.

rc

Moves
01 Nov 15
2 edits

Originally posted by twhitehead
I think it is important to also note here that many of the worlds greatest scientific inventions and developments were motivated by war. In fact I often hear it touted as an excuse for military spending ie 'well we might get all these other good developments'. I personally disagree. I would rather develop the best medicine (including surgery techniques) without war or religion being needed to drive the developments.
Sometimes even the greatest minds need a little inspiration to help them think outside of the box.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 Nov 15

The video is not about blood transfusions. What its actually about is bloodless surgery. How you could have failed to notice this I cannot say. As for Dr Américo Valério I don't know what his findings were based upon and its therefore impossible to make a comment on their validity. Can you provide the data upon which his findings were based? The st ...[text shortened]... Witnesses and blood transfusions is well known and readily available, you may find it at jw.org
If Galveston75's OP is not relating the Army's use of bloodless surgery to blood transfusions and it is not about the Jehovah's Witneses and their beliefs about blood transfusions, despite being posted by a Jehovah's Witness and the YouTube poster being a Jehovah's Witness with a home page full of Jehovah's Witness propaganda...then why is it posted in the spirituality forum?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
02 Nov 15

Thank goodness finally a decent and mature comment. You are welcome for the posting. With the inherent dangers of blood transfusions it would seem that anyone would want to know all the "options" available to themselves or their loved ones in case of an emergency with any medical procedure.
Some here who are bent on arguing on "any subject" with have that mind set so easily miss the point of this post and that is to simply share this information with anyone to use if they decide.

F

Moves
02 Nov 15

Some here who are bent on arguing on "any subject" with have that mind set so easily miss the point of this post and that is to simply share this information with anyone to use if they decide.
Is not "the point of this post" spiritual or religious in some way?

F

Moves
02 Nov 15

The stance of Jehovahs Witnesses and blood transfusions is well known and readily available, you may find it at jw.org
Are not Dr Américo Valério's "findings" a part of the stance of Jehovahs Witnesses on blood transfusions?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Nov 15

With the inherent dangers of blood transfusions it would seem that anyone would want to know all the "options" available to themselves or their loved ones in case of an emergency with any medical procedure.
So this is about blood transfusions; thank you for clarifying. Robbie carrobie was berating me for making that assumption earlier.

PS welcome back to the forum.

rc

Moves
02 Nov 15

yes indeed, we have learned from experience that quite honestly they are uninterested in learning what the alternatives are and instead simply want to argue for arguments sake. Best kicked into touch.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 Nov 15
2 edits

yes indeed, we have learned from experience that quite honestly they are uninterested in learning what the alternatives are...
When you say "alternatives" are you yourself now introducing blood transfusions into your own dialogue, after insisting the OP had nothing to do with the JW postion on blood or transfusions?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
02 Nov 15

The video is not about blood transfusions. What its actually about is bloodless surgery. How you could have failed to notice this I cannot say. As for Dr Américo Valério I don't know what his findings were based upon and its therefore impossible to make a comment on their validity. Can you provide the data upon which his findings were based? The st ...[text shortened]... Witnesses and blood transfusions is well known and readily available, you may find it at jw.org
Are you unable or unwilling to answer my question, I can't quite work it out?