Believe

Believe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
And you're not the first ex-Christian to give a lame-ass excuse to give up his faith.
Ka-ching! 😵

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
The Bible makes the claim, i think its a valid claim
Of course you do. And of course the Bible asserts its own verity. But this is not an answer that can have any effect on someone who doesn't believe the Bible's assertions about itself.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
You're a Jehovah's Witness. What else are you going to say?
what else, hmmm lets start with, where is your evidence, what happened to the evidence, please produce the evidence, why haven't you got any evidence etc etc etc

ENGLAND

Moves
21 Aug 15

Stop defending him.....let him tell his story.
I'm not defending FMF. FMF is quite capable of defending himself. I'm calling you out for begin a bit of a dick by calling people homosexual because you don't like what they are saying.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Of course you do. And of course the Bible asserts its own verity. But this is not an answer that can have any effect on someone who doesn't believe the Bible's assertions about itself.
Yes but if you do not profess belief in the Bibles own claims then there must be a reason for that, surely? Is it not this reason that chaney3 is trying to ascertain? what this has to do my my beliefs is difficult to fathom.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

And you're not the first ex-Christian to give a lame-ass excuse to give up his faith.
There could scarcely be a more fundamental, honest-with-oneself, 'strong' reason to stop self-identifying as a Christian than mine. And you haven't given any examples of what a 'stronger' reason might be, despite being asked to.

ENGLAND

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

But just now you said you "had the same doubts" as FMF.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Yes but if you do not profess belief in the Bibles own claims then there must be a reason for that, surely?
Because the circular logic necessary for believing the Bible's claims about itself does not convince me

ENGLAND

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

Yes but if you do not profess belief in the Bibles own claims then there must be a reason for that, surely? Is it not this reason that chaney3 is trying to ascertain? what this has to do my my beliefs is difficult to fathom.
FMF has explained that he does not find the content of the Bible credible. Similarly I don't find the content of the Watchtower magazine to be credible and therefore I don't accept its or your claims about your religion.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

what else, hmmm lets start with, where is your evidence, what happened to the evidence, please produce the evidence, why haven't you got any evidence etc etc etc
The claim is that the Bible is divinely inspired. It is a claim that the Bible makes about itself. And it is a claim that you make about the Bible. As a Christian, if you want me ~ a non-Christian - to believe the same thing as you do, then the burden of proof is yours.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I'm not defending FMF. FMF is quite capable of defending himself. I'm calling you out for begin a bit of a dick by calling people homosexual because you don't like what they are saying.
Neither FMF, nor yourself has even addressed the OP. The OP is about not merely 'believing' in a God, but.....maybe hoping there is a God.

I have accused you in the past of being a fake Christian.....and, that is why. You offer nothing dive.....nothing meaningful to a discussion. You are really good at bashing other people.....but, nothing else. I have never read a post of yours describing how you helped a young cancer victim get through the day. Never have you told us how your day went at the children's hospital. Never!!!!!

You are a fake Christian Dive. When will you realize that it takes more than your Bible to make you a Christian? When will you get on this forum and heal us all with your deeds?

Probably never, I am afraid.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

ENGLAND

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

Neither FMF, nor yourself has even addressed the OP. The OP is about not merely 'believing' in a God, but.....maybe hoping there is a God.

I have accused you in the past of being a fake Christian.....and, that is why. You offer nothing dive.....nothing meaningful to a discussion. You are really good at bashing other people.....but, nothing else. I hav ...[text shortened]... When will you get on this forum and heal us all with your deeds?

Probably never, I am afraid.
I am not here to prove anything to anyone and you spitting your frustration at your screen while stamping about abusive comments about people begin a-holes or homosexuals or telling them f-you etc does not change that.

Personally I have my doubts that you are even the alcoholic you claim to be - yes, certainly you are an abusive person who likes to post while drunk and who probably drinks too much, but I think that if you are an alcoholic then you should consider the possibility that people will still not tolerate you behaving like a pre-pubescent juvenile.

I suggest you take a long hard look at Dasa's posts and the reactions he gets, see if you can learn from that before the profile "chaney3" is forever tarnished by your blurting and increasingly boring rants.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

I have accused you in the past of being a fake Christian.....and, that is why. You offer nothing dive.....nothing meaningful to a discussion. You are really good at bashing other people.....but, nothing else. I have never read a post of yours describing how you helped a young cancer victim get through the day. Never have you told us how your day went at ...[text shortened]... ? When will you get on this forum and heal us all with your deeds? Probably never, I am afraid.
Like I said on page 2, I've always had your card marked as a non-Christian who is here to troll Christians in a rather artless and apparently inebriated way. When hardly any of them would talk to you, you amused yourself by heaping caustic abuse on a few individuals who did engage you.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
I am not here to prove anything to anyone and you spitting your frustration at your screen while stamping about abusive comments about people begin a-holes or homosexuals or telling them f-you etc does not change that.

Personally I have my doubts that you are even the alcoholic you claim to be - yes, certainly you are an abusive person who likes to p ...[text shortened]... efore the profile "chaney3" is forever tarnished by your blurting and increasingly boring rants.
Dasa is correct when he says that today's science, with a trillion dollars cannot produce 1 little ant.

I love that.