Believe

Believe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
There can be no Christian faith if one does not think the Bible is credible.
Great!!!! Now we are getting somewhere. Why don't you think the Bible is credible?

A very pure question, because I have the same doubts. I want to know.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
Yes but my attempts to understand and explain the book of Revelation are hardly relevant to your inability to grasp it yourself, are they? nor are they even relevant to why you lost your faith.
I started a whole thread explaining what my understanding of the purpose of Revelation was. It's hardly surprising that you, a Jehovah's Witness, and me an ex-Christian, are going to agree on what it's purpose and credibility is.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
Great!!!! Now we are getting somewhere.
But I have said this to you six or seven or more times.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

I have repeatedly stated that I am a believer in a Creator, and that I don't understand too much after that. I never said that I was a Christian.

So....Suzianne does not need to defend my Christianity, which I never claimed in the first place.
Suzianne has referred to you as a Christian. I asked her why. She dodged and deflected.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

What you believe concerning it is your affair and if you have proof that its been deliberately created as a tool of temporal power over superstitious people as you have alleged you have either failed to provide convincing evidence for the assertion or expect us to believe it is the case simply because you say its the case. If I were you I would be more concerned with substantiating my own claims.
Surely you are the one that needs to prove that it was divinely inspired as that is the extraordinary claim made about about Revelation and it's your claim, not mine.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
I started a whole thread explaining what my understanding of the purpose of Revelation was. It's hardly surprising that you, a Jehovah's Witness, and me an ex-Christian, are going to agree on what it's purpose and credibility is.
Yes and it remains as unconvincing now as it did then, not a shred of credible evidence I recall. Ironic considering your initial rejection was a failure to rationalize its contents.😵

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
Suzianne has referred to you as a Christian. I asked her why. She dodged and deflected.
I like her supergirl picture, and don't want to offend her. She is probably quite cute, and I want to keep my avenues open. Lol, lol, lol. C'mon........a little funny?

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Yes and it remains as unconvincing now as it did then, not a shred of credible evidence I recall. Ironic considering your initial rejection was a failure to rationalize its contents.😵
I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am explaining why it does not convince me.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
Surely you are the one that needs to prove that it was divinely inspired as that is the extraordinary claim made about about Revelation and it's your claim, not mine.
Its not my claim, its the Bibles claim.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

I like her supergirl picture, and don't want to offend her. She is probably quite cute, and I want to keep my avenues open. Lol, lol, lol. C'mon........a little funny?
You're not the first drunkard to think he's funny. 😵

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Its not my claim, its the Bibles claim.
That's right, which makes it textbook circular logic.

So you do not yourself claim that Revelation is divinely inspired?

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
You're not the first drunkard to think he's funny. 😵
And you're not the first ex-Christian to give a lame-ass excuse to give up his faith.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am explaining why it does not convince me.
Fine so your thread was unconvincing, particularly I suspect because of the lack of any rational and credible evidence for the claims that you have made. Perhaps this 'created for use of a temporal power theory to control the superstitious', is a matter of faith? and blind faith at that! 😵

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
That's right, which makes it textbook circular logic.

So you do not yourself claim that Revelation is divinely inspired?
The Bible makes the claim, i think its a valid claim

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Fine so your thread was unconvincing, particularly I suspect because of the lack of any rational and credible evidence for the claims that you have made. Perhaps this 'created for use of a temporal power theory to control the superstitious', is a matter of faith? and blind faith at that! 😵
You're a Jehovah's Witness. What else are you going to say?