Believe

Believe

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by chaney3
FMF has not described fully why he lost his faith. He merely stated that he 'lost' his belief. This is nonsense. One just doesn't lose their entire faith. Something happened, and he is not sharing.
Who are you to say whether or not the reason that a person has lost their faith is valid or not?

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

FMF has not described fully why he lost his faith. He merely stated that he 'lost' his belief. This is nonsense. One just doesn't lose their entire faith. Something happened, and he is not sharing.

Granted, he is not obligated to share......but, something happened.

Stop being his boyfriend dive........it is not at all compelling. Really.
To be fair to FMF he has intimated in the past that the book of revelation played a part in his, 'losing his faith', because it appeared to him as being nonsensical. One must agree that rationally its difficult to put faith in something one does not understand and yet many people do just that. One must of course realize that faith does not abide in all persons and even among the faithful it must be exercised and cultivated.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by divegeester
Repeatedly calling people homosexuals because you don't them or what they post is not a strong debating tactic chaney3
Fine!!!! Here is a thought then. How about you and FMF stop acting like boyfriend and boyfriend. How about that Dive? Stop acting like you are married to FMF, and posters like me will not think that you are gay with FMF.

How about that Dive?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 15

I am somewhat sorry for my words...
Define "somewhat" in the sense of being apologetic? Are you saying you are apologising for calling FMF and I homosexuals, or are you just realising that you've once again made yourself look like a bell-end on the internet and are expressing more of your revolting self-pity?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 15

Fine!!!! Here is a thought then. How about you and FMF stop acting like boyfriend and boyfriend. How about that Dive? Stop acting like you are married to FMF, and posters like me will not think that you are gay with FMF.

How about that Dive?
How is me challenging your assumption and subsequent claim that FMF's reason for losing his faith is the "weakest you have ever heard", translated in your mind into us being homosexuals?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
To be fair to FMF he has intimated in the past that the book of revelation played a part in his, 'losing his faith', because it appeared to him as being nonsensical. One must agree that rationally its difficult to put faith in something one does not understand and yet many people do just that. One must of course realize that faith does not abide in all persons and even among the faithful it must be exercised and cultivated.
I would agree with you on this point. We could hypothesise that FMF did not sufficiently cultivate his faith and over time lost it. Would you agree to that being a possibility?

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
To be fair to FMF he has intimated in the past that the book of revelation played a part in his, 'losing his faith', because it appeared to him as being nonsensical. One must agree that rationally its difficult to put faith in something one does not understand and yet many people do just that.
Your attempts to demonstrate your understanding of Revelation over the years have merely made it seem all the more nonsensical and have confirmed to my way of thinking that it was deliberately created as a tool of temporal power over superstitious people. Meanwhile you have never made any attempt to establish the credibility of its supposed authorship.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15

I would agree with you on this point. We could hypothesise that FMF did not sufficiently cultivate his faith and over time lost it. Would you agree to that being a possibility?
Sure anything is possible.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

For the umpteenth time, Suzianne is not required to defend my faith. Where do you come up with this??? You do seem irrational with your words.
I was not asking Suzianne to defend your faith. I was asking her to defend her suggestion that you are a Christian ~ which she doesn't want to or can't.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

How is me challenging your assumption and subsequent claim that FMF's reason for losing his faith is the "weakest you have ever heard", translated in your mind into us being homosexuals?
Let him defend himself.

He has not given a reason why he lost his faith. To a Christian, it is actually something valuable to understand. I want to know why he lost his faith. So do other readers.

Stop defending him.....let him tell his story.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

I have had my own issues with the Bible and with my faith. Given the fact that you went from Christian to atheist........are you really in a position to challenge me on God issues?
If you don't really want to discuss things that you mention, then maybe you should not mention them in public. If you don't want to encounter people who see things differently from you and who say so, then you should think twice about participating on a debate and discussion forum. Just saying, that's all.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

FMF has not described fully why he lost his faith. He merely stated that he 'lost' his belief.
There can be no Christian faith if one does not think the Bible is credible.

c

Moves
21 Aug 15

Originally posted by FMF
I was not asking Suzianne to defend your faith. I was asking her to defend her suggestion that you are a Christian ~ which she doesn't want to or can't.
I have repeatedly stated that I am a believer in a Creator, and that I don't understand too much after that. I never said that I was a Christian.

So....Suzianne does not need to defend my Christianity, which I never claimed in the first place.

rc

Moves
21 Aug 15
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
Your attempts to demonstrate your understanding of Revelation over the years have merely made it seem all the more nonsensical and have confirmed to my way of thinking that it was deliberately created as a tool of temporal power over superstitious people. Meanwhile you have never made any attempt to establish the credibility of its supposed authorship.
Yes but my attempts to understand and explain the book of Revelation are hardly relevant to your inability to grasp it yourself, are they? nor are they even relevant to why you lost your faith.

What you believe concerning it is your affair and if you have proof that its been deliberately created as a tool of temporal power over superstitious people as you have alleged you have either failed to provide convincing evidence for the assertion or expect us to believe it is the case simply because you say its the case. If I were you I would be more concerned with substantiating my own claims.

F

Moves
21 Aug 15

How about you and FMF stop acting like boyfriend and boyfriend. How about that Dive? Stop acting like you are married to FMF, and posters like me will not think that you are gay with FMF.
The reason why I lost my faith is because I no longer believed that the Bible was a revelation by a God figure [regarding His nature and his wishes etc.], and having lost my belief in the Bible, I could no longer self-identify as a Christian.