Back to Spirituality

Back to Spirituality

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@moonbus said

"Buddhism is a form of spirituality which does not require belief in, or presuppose the existence of, the supernatural. Buddhism posits pure phenomenalism and therefore a completely naturalistic means of dealing with eschatological issues."
I disagree. Totally.

Spirituality is of the spirit. The spirit is a metaphysical entity.

I acknowledge that when a person says “he has spirit” they are not referring to a metaphysical entity. However the accepted error in that phraseology does not validate the error overall.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@vals-loeder said
At least he didn't accuse you of being a rat. 😉

I find this topic an interesting read (including the banter). It has made me think how I perceive spirituality and what it means to me. My use of the word (correct or incorrect) is basicly: strive for balance between body and mind.
Start here sir, to explore that inner dimension.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@ghost-of-a-duke said
Start here sir, to explore that inner dimension.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZGSfMRFV6s
By coincidence I’m just off to yoga now, water yoga.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@divegeester said
I disagree. Totally.

Spirituality is of the spirit. The spirit is a metaphysical entity.

I acknowledge that when a person says “he has spirit” they are not referring to a metaphysical entity. However the accepted error in that phraseology does not validate the error overall.
I disagree. Totally.

spirit: the animating or vital force of living organisms. (according to my penguin dictionary). There are other definitions.

This is what I would refer to as spirit, a physical entity, that is linked with man's natural instincts to survive, that can evolve. Spirituality is a metaphysical entity that 'believes' in the supernatural.

It is possible to evoke and awake the human spirit to higher feelings via meditation, music, drugs etc.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@divegeester said
By coincidence I’m just off to yoga now, water yoga.
In other words swimming in slow motion. Enjoy.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@neilarini said
Spirituality is a metaphysical entity that 'believes' in the supernatural.
Agree. Totally.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@dj2becker said
In other words swimming in slow motion. Enjoy.
Just swimming.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@moonbus said
Spirituality, a working definition:
“Working” in what way other than it “works” for you.

Ãœber-Nerd

Moves
13 Oct 20
1 edit

@divegeester said
That sounds like psychology or some other cognitive discipline. Difficult to see what the metaphysical spirit has to do with that.
That is precisely the point. Spirituality does not require metaphysics or supernaturalism.

Here is another example: J. Krishnsmurti, Commentaries On Living. Spirituality without supernaturalism or metaphysics.

EDIT:

On page 7, you forbade me from entering "supernatural entities" into the discussion. You, however, insist on "metaphysical entities" in any discussion of spirituality. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is:

1. define "supernatural entities."

2. define "metaphysical entities."

3. disambiguate the two.

4. prove that you are in possession of a metaphysical entity.

5. prove that your claim to be in possession of a metaphysical entity is not merely a psychological cognitive delusion.

Good luck with that.

free tazer tickles..

wildly content...

Moves
13 Oct 20

if you ever want to be ultra spiritual
all you have to do is
look spiritual

Moves
13 Oct 20

@moonbus said
That is precisely the point. Spirituality does not require metaphysics or supernaturalism.
What was precisely my point was what you posted was all cognitive therapies. Tell me that my reply “is exactly your point” is just plain dishonest.

Spirituality is about the spirit, a spirit is a ghost , a soul.

Sorry you can’t have the word just because it gives you warm feeling in your underpants.

Moves
13 Oct 20

@rookie54 said
if you ever want to be ultra spiritual
all you have to do is
look spiritual

[youtube]/1kDso5ElFRg[/youtube]
Haha!

Moves
13 Oct 20

@divegeester said
Haha!
Two thumbs down for a laugh. What a pair saddos.

🤣

Moves
13 Oct 20

Moves
13 Oct 20

“Spirituality” adjective

A feeling of contentment when arguing the toss over the meaning of a word with people you don’t particularly like in order to feel superior.