"Babylon the Great"

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 21

@medullah said
I can tell you that Michael definitely isn't Gabriel as when Gabriel was having a punch-up in the book of Daniel Michael rolled up hisd sleeves and did some slapping to help him out (I paraphrase here)
Yea, there ya go. Lol.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Silliness is the appropriate word for trying to prove Michael is Jesus. Actually it is far more silly than the Trinity doctrine which you condemn.
So tell me in detail why Jesus couldn't be Michael?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
30 Dec 21
1 edit

Who’s this @FilthyHerman?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
So tell me in detail why Jesus couldn't be Michael?
Is that how you go about proving that your doctrine is correct?
No wonder you JWs have so many false doctrines

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Dec 21

@medullah said
I can tell you that Michael definitely isn't Gabriel as when Gabriel was having a punch-up in the book of Daniel Michael rolled up hisd sleeves and did some slapping to help him out (I paraphrase here)
There are angels by the billions out there.
Archangels by the hundreds
Other beings as well , who knows how many.
But One God, and One Son of God, Jesus Christ.

When people try to add to that, you know they are false teachers.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Dec 21

@divegeester said
Who’s this @FilthyHerman?
Probably another account for Romans1009

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Dec 21
5 edits

@galveston75

Sorry but there is no indication at all that Gabriel is Jesus. It sounds like you're trying to add a 4th spirit being into the trinity? Nahhh.

No need to say "Sorry" to me about that.
"For to which of the angels has He ever said, You are My Son? . . . ." (Heb. 1:5a)

To Gabriel? No.
To Michael? No.
To the "Day Star" [Lucifer]? No.

"For To which of the angels has He ever said, You are My Son; this day I have
begotten You?"

To no angel in spite of what the Watchtower would teach you.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Is that how you go about proving that your doctrine is correct?
No wonder you JWs have so many false doctrines
So your incapable of proving Jesus isn't Michael?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Dec 21
1 edit

@galveston75 said
So your incapable of proving Jesus isn't Michael?
Why would I need to do that? To satisfy your JW nonsense? Are you not happy with the description of who Jesus is here?

He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven.(Matthew 16:15-17 KJV)

Im happy with it. If you are not then maybe God did not reveal the truth to you, and you are floundering in a sea of false prophecies and teachings. Try to get out that church and your life will be a lot better.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Dec 21
2 edits

Hebrews 1:5

"For to which of the angels has He ever said, You are My Son; this day I have begotten You?"

The Word of God shows to NO angel.

The Jehovah's Witnesses answer - "To Michael [Who is like God]"

You all decide which you want to believe, God's word or the JWs.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Dec 21
3 edits

I agree with the interpreters who say Michael's name is a QUESTION - Who is like God ?

You see people Satan who was the Daystar of Isaiah 14:14 said that he, a created being, would become like the Most High.

"How you have fallen from heaven O Daystar, son of the dawn!
. . . you said in your heart;
I will ascend to heaven;
Above the stars of God I will exalt my throne . . .
I will ascend above the heights of the clouds.
I will make myself like the Most High."

But another angel Michael at the command of the overcomers answers him with warfare and his own name Michael - WHO is like God ?

Michael and his angels are seen driving down Satan and his angels in Revelation 12:7

And there was war in heaven: Michael [ "Who is like God?" ] and his angels went to war with the dragon. And the dragon [who had said he would be like the Most High] warred and his angels." (Rev. 12:7)

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Dec 21

From The Glorious Church by Watchman Nee.

And the dragon warred and his angels" (Rev. 12:6-7). Notice the word "and," which is used twice immediately after the man-child was caught up in verse 5. Verse 6 says, "And the woman fled into the wilderness..." Then verse 7 says, "And there was war in heaven..." The fleeing of the woman into the wilderness and the warfare in heaven are both due to the man-child being caught up.

Let us look into the matter of warfare in heaven. First there is Michael, whose name is quite meaningful. Michael means "Who is like God?" This is an excellent question. Satan's intention is to be like God, but Michael asks, "Who is like God?" Not only does Satan desire to be like God, but he also tempted man to be like God. However, Michael's question, "Who is like God?", shakes the power of Satan. It seems as if Michael is telling Satan, "You want to be like God, but you will never make it!" This is what Michael's name reveals to us.

Read more at https://www.ministrybooks.org/books.cfm?n

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Why would I need to do that? To satisfy your JW nonsense? Are you not happy with the description of who Jesus is here?

[i]He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it u ...[text shortened]... a of false prophecies and teachings. Try to get out that church and your life will be a lot better.
Nothing new there at all. No mysteries. I completely agree.

Now before Gods son came to earth what was his name? Did he not have one? Seems rather odd don't you think that according to you he apparently had no name????

Read and learn something today........

The Bible’s answer
Michael, referred to by some religions as “Saint Michael,” is evidently a name given to Jesus before and after his life on earth. Michael disputed with Satan after the death of Moses and helped an angel deliver God’s message to the prophet Daniel. Daniel 10:13, 21; Jude 9 Michael lives up to the meaning of his name​—“Who Is Like God?”​—by defending God’s ruler ship and fighting God’s enemies.​—Daniel 12:1; Revelation 12:7.

Consider why it is reasonable to conclude that Jesus is the archangel Michael.

Michael is “the archangel.” Jude 9 The title “archangel,” meaning “chief of the angels,” appears in only two Bible verses. In both cases, the word is singular, suggesting that only one angel bears that title. One of those verses states that the resurrected Lord Jesus “will descend from heaven with a commanding call, with an archangel’s voice.” (1 Thessalonians 4:​16) Jesus has “an archangel’s voice” because he is the archangel, Michael.

Michael commands an angelic army. “Michael and his angels battled with the dragon,” Satan. Revelation 12:7 Michael has great authority in the spirit realm, for he is called “one of the foremost princes” and “the great prince.” (Daniel 10:13, 21; 12:1) These titles designate Michael as “the commander-in-chief of the angelic forces,” as New Testament scholar David E. Aune puts it.

The Bible mentions only one other name of someone having authority over an army of angels. It describes “the revelation of the Lord Jesus from heaven with his powerful angels in a flaming fire, as he brings vengeance.” (2 Thessalonians 1:​7, 8; Matthew 16:27) Jesus “went to heaven, and angels and authorities and powers were made subject to him.” (1 Peter 3:​21, 22) It would not make sense for God to set up Jesus and Michael as rival commanders of the holy angels. Rather, it is more reasonable to conclude that both names, Jesus and Michael, refer to the same person.

Michael “will stand up” during an unprecedented “time of distress.” Daniel 12:1 In the book of Daniel, the expression “stand up” is often used to refer to a king who rises up to take special action. Daniel 11:​2-4, 21 Jesus Christ, identified as “The Word of God,” will take special action as the “King of kings” to strike down all of God’s enemies and protect God’s people. Revelation 19:11-​16 He will do so during a time of “great tribulation such as has not occurred since the world’s beginning.”​—Matthew 24:21, 42.
ijwbq article 121

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Dec 21

@galveston75 said
Nothing new there at all. No mysteries. I completely agree.

Now before Gods son came to earth what was his name? Did he not have one? Seems rather odd don't you think that according to you he apparently had no name????

Read and learn something today........
Whoa .... Stop right there. Im not reading that nonsense. I have no need to learn your JW doctrine. That is for you. The bible is for me. Thanks

That doctrine is even more ridiculous than saying God and Jesus are equal or one and the same.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Dec 21

@rajk999 said
Whoa .... Stop right there. Im not reading that nonsense. I have no need to learn your JW doctrine. That is for you. The bible is for me. Thanks

That doctrine is even more ridiculous than saying God and Jesus are equal or one and the same.
Yep your heart is closed up. Can't help you there so it is what it is.