At what point in time does salvation begin?

At what point in time does salvation begin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
2 edits

Originally posted by Rajk999
Will all flesh get eternal life?
I can quote you a dozen passages where salvation means Christ

I have no problem with either viewing Christ Himself as salvation or no problem with realizing universal salvation is an error.

And it is a very small thing to me to be judged by you.

You deny new covenant regeneration before the second coming of Christ.
You deny that the Apostle Peter spoke the truth when he wrote that the Christians HAD been regenerated. " ... having BEEN regenerated ..." (1 Peter 1:23)

You can't be trusted as a teacher of the New Testament.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
[b]Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.

So I'm clear on your meaning, are you suggesting Jesus' words do not fit the rest of the
Bible or their dogma?[/b]
They do, but ToO thinks that because Jesus said you are free, it meant from from sin, then he no longer sins. I submit that if you don't understand other scripture in the Epistles, then what Jesus meant was something else, because clearly we all sin at one point or another.
ToO is stuck trying to explain that he no longer sins. But he avoids the topic.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship
Will all flesh get eternal life?
I can quote you a dozen passages where salvation means Christ

I have no problem with either viewing Christ Himself as salvation or no problem with realizing universal salvation is an error.

And it is a very small thing to me to be judged by you.

You deny new covenant [b]regeneration
before th ...[text shortened]... regenerated ..." (1 Peter 1:23) [/b]

You can't be trusted as a teacher of the New Testament.[/b]
What I deny is YOUR BOGUS translation. The KJV says:

Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1 Peter 1:23 KJV)

Your bogus translation was written by regenerationists who do not believe that they have to wait for the return of Jesus to get a new incorruptible body.

Can you move like the wind? 😀 You and your bogus doctrine is a comedy act and has nothing to do with Christ.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16

What I deny is YOUR BOGUS translation. The KJV says:

[b]Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever. (1 Peter 1:23 KJV)

Your bogus translation was written by regenerationists who do not believe that they have to wait for the return of Jesus to get a new incorruptible body.
...[text shortened]... ke the wind? 😀 You and your bogus doctrine is a comedy act and has nothing to do with Christ.[/b]
You don't believe the Epistles are the words of Jesus Christ himself, that is one of your big problems.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
3 edits

The Recovery Version is not a "bogus translation" Renown New Testament scholar and translater F.F. Bruce recommended it.

I have read with interest the copies of translations of New Testament epistles in the Recovery Version. This is a version which I had not previously met. The version seems to me to be an accurate and fairly literal rendering of the Greek. The user of this version will get a precise impression of what the sacred text says.

With all good wishes:
Yours Sincerely,
F.F. Bruce

From Wiki on F.F. Bruce

Frederick Fyvie Bruce FBA (12 October 1910 – 11 September 1990), usually cited as F. F. Bruce, was a Biblical scholar who supported the historical reliability of the New Testament. His first book, New Testament Documents: Are They Reliable? (1943), was voted by the American evangelical periodical Christianity Today in 2006 as one of the top 50 books "which had shaped evangelicals".[1]

Other comments can be viewed - http://www.recoveryversion.org/comments.html

From The Spiritual Man Volume III by Watchman Nee

God already knows that there is no goodness in man. The flesh cannot please Him. The flesh is utterly corrupted and irreparable. Because the flesh is absolutely beyond repair, God cannot expect man, after believing in His Son, to have anything to please Him if He does not give man something new, something other than the flesh. Therefore, when a man believes that the Lord Jesus died for him and receives the Lord Jesus to be his personal Savior, God gives him a new life, that is, His own uncreated life. This is what the Bible calls regeneration. God does not change our flesh; rather, He gives His life to us. Regardless of whether or not a man has been regenerated, his flesh is corrupted just the same. The flesh in a sinner is the same as the flesh in a saint. Although a man may be born again, his flesh does not become better because of the new birth. One's regeneration does not affect his flesh a bit and cannot improve him or make him good. No matter what, the flesh is the flesh, and it can never be changed. God does not use His life to educate and train the flesh. Rather, He uses the new life He gives to man to overcome the flesh.

http://www.ministrybooks.org/SearchMinBooksDsp.cfm?id=09CCCFA58B
[my bolding]

So the new covenant people must learn to "walk by the Spirit" Who is installed in their regenerated human spirit.

Regeneration in the human spirit commences full salvation.
Tranformation of the soul continues full salvation.
Transfiguration of the body consummates full salvation as far as man's person goes.

The Restoration or Regeneration of the environment of the earth begins during the millennial kingdom providing a partial restoral of creation to its original bounty.

Rajk999 seems only to recognize this last most outward and objective portion of God's work. From reading the New Testament with the natural mind it is probably the easiest for the spiritually uneducated to apprehend.

IE.

"Of course !! New Testament regeneration is only all about a new restored earth during the millennial kingdom. THAT I can understand well enough.

Now fight against any other sense of enlivening in God's salvation. "

Rajk999 is totally incapable of erasing the PAST TENSE from Peter's proclamation that the believers (not including nominal Christians) have been REGENERATED by the divine seed of the living and abiding word of God.

To say that to believe such is to not be willing to WAIT for the restoration of the millennial kingdom is vintage ignorance and shortsightedness.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
You don't believe the Epistles are the words of Jesus Christ himself, that is one of your big problems.
Clearly you failed to read what Iwrote.

I do not disagree with anything contained in the Epistles.

Sonship has presented a BOGUS translation of 1 Peter 1 23 to support his regeneration doctrine.

Please read and understand before you comment.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
4 edits

Sonship has presented a BOGUS translation of 1 Peter 1 23 to support his regeneration doctrine.

No the Apostle Peter writes what SUPPORTS the words of Jesus.

And F.F. Bruce found the Recovery Version to be a good translation from Greek to English.

And even if an argument from some authority you protest, most English translations of Frist Peter 1:23 put the born again experience obviously in the PAST.

"HAVING BEEN ... born again" ( or born anew )

You have exactly NOTHING to say to refute that.

Even your favored King James has

1 Peter 1:23King James Version (KJV)

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That is not 'WILL BE born again" as to the future.
They audience is presently in the state of "Being born again".

Not only so. This WORD of God which has caused them to be born again is PRESENTLY to be enjoyed as the MILK to cause that new life to GROW. How could it GROW unless they were in possession of the new life already ?

"As newborn babes long for the guileless milk of the word, that by it you may grow unto salvation" (2:2)

The ARE ... newborn babes.
They are not WAITING to be ... newborn babes in the millennium.

So they have been BORN ANEW already. Right ? Right.
They have been RE-GENE- erated already. Right? Right.

Does it mean that there is no transfiguration of the body to wait for? O course not.
Does it mean that there is no Restoration (regeneration) in the second coming of Christ ? Of course it doesn't mean there is no Restoration.

Notice also the as to the PAST - they have TASTED of the word of God which has caused them to be born anew. TASTED - as to the past.
It is not that they must WAIT to taste in the millennial kingdom.

As they have TASTED the incorruptible abiding word of God which is also "guileless" they should continue to long for its continued nourishment. Why? So that the new life within them may GROW.... growing until a fuller and even fullest salvation.

Not finished yet! Still Rajk999 may exploit the fact that Peter says "UNTO SALVATION" Is that a GOTCHA? See. jaywill, "unto salvation" means they don't HAVE that salvation yet."

Yes? No.

Peters says as to the PAST - "You WERE ... redeemed, not with corruptible things, with silver or gold ... but with the precious blood of Christ."

Someone try to argue that to be REDEEMED is not to be SAVED.
Someone try to argue that to be REDEEMED from the vain manner of life is not to have a measure of salvation.

They are born of the divine Father and PRESENTLY call upon God as Father. It is not that in the future only they will call God Father. In the church age they are REDEEMED, the are REGENERATED, they have TASTED the good word of God, they have the divine life GROWING in them with the help of obedience and the pure milk of the word, and they presently call God their begetting Father -

"And if you call upon as Father the One who without respect of persons judges ... pass the time of your sojourning in fear, Knowing that you WERE REDEEMED ..." (1:17,18a)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16

No the Apostle Peter writes what SUPPORTS the words of Jesus.

And F.F. Bruce found the Recovery Version to be a good translation from Greek to English.

And even if an argument from some authority you protest, most English translations ...[text shortened]... he time of your sojourning in fear, Knowing that you WERE REDEEMED ..." (1:17,18a)
[/quote][/b]
Born Again
IS NOT THE SAME AS
Regeneration

Its Simple.

- Born Again is a new beginning in Christ, the same physical body but a new spiritual being
- During this life the Christian must follow Christ being guided by the Comforter, by Gods Spirit etc
- Regeneration is the end and occurs when Christ returns and rewards the righteous
- Then and only then, can these regenerated SPIRIT beings, with a new body enter into the Kingdom of God.

Flesh and blood cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

You are still flesh and blood.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16

Born Again
IS NOT THE SAME AS
Regeneration

First Peter 1:23 is born again = regenerated.

Its Simple.

Rajk999 is simply incorrect as will be shown yet again.

- Born Again is a new beginning in Christ, the same physical body but a new spiritual being

To the church in Corinth Paul wrote anyone in Christ is a new creation - (2 Cor. 5:17)

" So that if anyone is in Christ, there is a new creation; the old things have passed away; behold, they have become new. " (2 Cpr. 5:17)

Rajk999's heresy is that only in the millennial kingdom is the believer a new creation.
The New Testament says that all through the church age, those "in Christ" particpate in "a new creation".

- During this life the Christian must follow Christ being guided by the Comforter, by Gods Spirit etc

This Comforter comes INTO the believer to be "one spirit" with the believer's regenerated human spirit. That is precisely why he is a new creation.

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 cor. 6:17)

Rakk999's heresy seems to be that the Holy Spirit is only outside the believers guiding them from the outside. The New Testament says they are BORN of the Spirit. And it says that that Spirit bears witness with the regenerated human spirit that the one born again is one of the children of God (Rom. 8:16) .

Being a child of God via birth he is also a "new creation".

- Regeneration is the end and occurs when Christ returns and rewards the righteous

The Restoration of the millennial kingdom (also called the regeneration) does not negate that the Christian entering into that time has not already been born again.

- Then and only then, can these regenerated SPIRIT beings, with a new body enter into the Kingdom of God.

Today on this day of June 15th the year 2016 anyone receiving Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior in truth will receive the Holy Spirit. And then at least one part of their being will be mingled, blended, and made one with the Lord -

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit." (1 Cor. 6:17)

Within the believer the human spirit and the Holy Spirit Who is God, become one mingled spirit. So says First Corinthians 6:17) .

He is also IN Christ where there is a "new creation".

Flesh and blood cannot enter into the Kingdom of God.

But a transfigured body will inherit the kingdom of God.

Here this inheriting the kingdom of God is inheriting that kingdom in that stage of its manifestation.

I already proved that Mark 4:26-29 is a matter of a realm planted, sprouting, lengthening, maturing and coming to ripeness and harvest.

You are still flesh and blood.

I am a new creation in Christ. I am one spirit with the Lord. And i am awaiting the transfiguration of my body AS I have experienced regeneration and AM experiencing the transformation of my soul.

You know nothing about the three part being of man.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16
1 edit

Born Again
IS NOT THE SAME AS
Regeneration

[b]First Peter 1:23
is born again = regenerated.

Its Simple.

Rajk999 is simply incorrect as will be shown yet again.

To the church in Corinth Paul ...[text shortened]... riencing the transformation of my soul.

You know nothing about the three part being of man.[/b]
Apparently Paul does not agree with you:

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.
(1 Corinthians 15:50-54 KJV)

The change from mortal to immortal and from corruption to incorruption is made AT THE LAST TRUMP .. and this is at the return of Christ, when the dead is raised. This is the regeneration.

Right now pal, you have nothing but flesh and blood. Paul is waiting in his grave for that time. You will have to wait as well.

You should be ashamed that you are such an easy target for false doctrines. Everybody that wirtes a book seems to be able to fool you. Did you not go to school and learn to read? Christ and all the Apostles are saying the very same thing and yet you gravitate to the foolishness preached by fallible men.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
1 edit

Apparently Paul does not agree with you:

[i]Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but [b]we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the de ...[text shortened]... re saying the very same thing and yet you gravitate to the foolishness preached by fallible men.
There is a difference between someone faithfully standing with the Scripture and someone who is just very stubborn and cannot see that their Bible teaching is wrong.

You're just being stubborn.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16

Commentary for: Titus 3:5 from the REV

he saved us, not by righteous works that we ourselves did, but on the basis of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of a new origin and a renewal by holy spirit,

“righteous works.” The Greek is emphatic, but becomes unclear when translated literally into English. The Greek phrase, ergōn tōn en dikaiosunē (ἔργων τῶν ἐν δικαιοσύνῃ), literally translates as: “works, the [ones] in righteousness.” By making “righteousness” into a noun, it adds emphasis to it in the Greek sentence. It is emphatic, and could be more literally understood as, “not by works, the ones done in connection with [that are connected to] righteousness,” perhaps better expanded for easier reading to: “not by works: those works that are done that are associated with righteousness.” In other words, no one is saved by works; those righteous acts that people do. Those will not save anyone. Given the fact that the emphatic nature of the sentence is usually lost in English, and trying to produce the Greek structure only causes confusion, (what is a “work done in righteousness”?), it seemed much clearer to make “righteousness” adjectival and just go with “righteous works” (cp. NAB or NIV). It is amazing that the Word of God can so clearly in many places tell us that no one is saved by good works, and yet somehow when people do not do righteous works they feel their salvation is in jeopardy.

“on the basis of his mercy.” We could not be saved on the basis of our works, but we can be on the basis of His mercy. The RSV has “in virtue of his mercy,” which is somewhat archaic vocabulary today, but catches the sense of the passage, and so does The Source New Testament, which has, “due to His mercy.”

“new origin.” The Greek word is paliggenesia (#3824 παλιγγενεσία, this is a compound noun made up of the words palin (#3825 πάλιν, meaning “again,” and genesis (#1078 γένεσις meaning “origin,” or “beginning.” The Greeks sometimes used the word genesis when referring to birth, because birth is the beginning or origin of our independent life on earth. However, genesis does not technically mean “birth,” and so we must be careful not to confuse genesis (#1078 γένεσις with gennēsis (#1083 γέννησις, which properly means “birth” (the word gennēsis (#1083 γέννησις does not appear anywhere in the best manuscripts of the New Testament (see commentary on Matt. 1:18)).

In this context, paliggenesia refers to the new origin that Christians have when they are born again and receive holy spirit. It is one of the three words used for the individual new birth of a Christian that guarantees him everlasting life. The other two are anagennaō (#313 ἀναγεννάω, which means “born again,” see 1 Peter 1:23, and apokueō (#616; ἀποκυέω; from the Greek prefix apo, “away from,” and kueō, “to be pregnant”. It means “to give birth to;” see James 1:18. These three words all refer to the New Birth that happens to the Christian when he makes Christ the Lord in his life (cp. Rom. 10:9).

When a person gets “born again” (anagennaō; #313 ἀναγεννάω; see 1 Peter 1:23), he is not the same person. He is truly “born again,” a brand new “baby,” if you will, because now he is God’s child. He has a “new origin” (Titus 3:5), and is a “new creation” (2 Cor. 5:17). He has a new divine nature (2 Pet. 1:4), and it is at war with his old flesh nature (Gal. 5:17). In spite of his sin, he is “holy,” a “saint” (see 1 Cor. 1:2), because he has “holy spirit” sealed inside him (Eph. 1:13), which guarantees his place in future Kingdom of the Messiah on earth.

Paliggenesia is also used of the new origin, or new creation, of the world in the Messianic Age (cp. commentary on Matthew 19:28).

“by.” There is no word “by” in the Greek text. The words “holy spirit” are in the genitive case: “renewal of holy spirit.” This is most likely a genitive of production (Cp. Wallace, Exegetical Syntax, p. 104-106). That being the case, an expanded translation would be, “He saved us through the washing of a new origin and a renewal produced by holy spirit.” In the salvation process, the “new beginning” and the “renewal” are both produced by holy spirit.

“holy spirit.” This refers to the holy spirit that is the gift of God. [For more information on the uses of “holy spirit”, see Appendix 6: “Usages of ‘Spirit’”.]

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
4 edits

The Holy Spirit is God practically everywhere in the NT.

Sometimes in English translation the translators are not sure if they should capitalize the S in Spirit or use small s in spirit.

The reason for this is logical. In the new birth the capital S Spirit of God is joined to the small s spirit of man to become "one spirit".

First Cor. 6:17

" He who is joined to the Lord is one [mingled, blended] spirit."

Since the two are mingled as one, it is understandable that it is difficult to know whether capital S or small s should be used.

I am wary of any Bible expositor insisting to always use the small s for "holy spirit".

God is Spirit -

" God is Spirit; and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in reality." (John 4:24)

This translation, I think, is good.
The first instance of Spirit is God Himself - "God is Spirit".
The second instance "must worship Him in spirit" means worship God in our human spirit.

The NT bares out the truth because the two spirits - the Holy Spirit and the human spirit become "one spirit" in a man being "joined to the Lord".

When Jesus spoke of the Spirit of truth, the Another Comforter coming, this One behaves exactly as Jesus behaved - seeking not His own glory but seeking the glory of the Father and Son Who send Him.

" But when He, the Spirit of reality, comes, He will guide you into all the reality; for He will not speak from Himself; but whatever He hears He will speakl and He will disclose to you what is to come.

He shall glorify Me, for He shall receive of Mine and shall disclose it to you." (John 16
13-15)

The Spirit of Reality behaves exactly as the Lord Jesus behaved, not seeking His own glory and not speaking His own words, and seeking only the will of the One Who sends Him.

Jesus -

" ... The words which I speak to you, I do not speak from Myself; but the Father who abides in Me, He does His works." (John 14:10)

The Lord Jesus IS the Spirit -

"And the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom." (2 Cor. 3:17)

Dean Alford -

" The Lord of verse 16 is the Spirit ... which gives life, verse 6, meaning, 'the Lord', as here spoken of, 'Christ', ' is the Spirit', identical with the Holy Spirit. ... Christ here, is the Spirit of Christ."

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Jun 16

There is a difference between someone faithfully standing with the Scripture and someone who is just very stubborn and cannot see that their Bible teaching is wrong.

You're just being stubborn.
I dont agree with your foolishness. Neither does Christ or the Apostles.

Stubborn? You like to force your garbage on people, and when they disagree you behave like an spoilt 5 yr old. Anyway take your toys and beat it. Not interested in your flawed interpretations of fallible men.

You have a pile of men up on pedestals .Must be a heavy burden to bear to have to remember all the ways you have to twist the Bible rather than just simply reading what it says.

Christ said the regeneration will take place when he returns.
Christ said the a regenerated person is a SPIRIT BEING, not flesh and blood.
Paul said you have to wait until the last trump and the dead in Christ is raised THEN the regeneration.

Good Luck to you... and your fake Chrsitianity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jun 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
They do, but ToO thinks that because Jesus said you are free, it meant from from sin, then he no longer sins. I submit that if you don't understand other scripture in the Epistles, then what Jesus meant was something else, because clearly we all sin at one point or another.
ToO is stuck trying to explain that he no longer sins. But he avoids the topic.
That was what I thought but I had to have you clear it up. I get people twist scripture to suit
themselves, that is not the same thing as suggesting scripture is twisted.