At what point in time does salvation begin?

At what point in time does salvation begin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jun 16

Originally posted by KellyJay
That was what I thought but I had to have you clear it up. I get people twist scripture to suit
themselves, that is not the same thing as suggesting scripture is twisted.
All scripture is God breathed. People just tend to hang on to certain scriptures not understanding the whole of scripture, not even the context.
Furthermore, If ( and He is) God is perfect, then His word is perfect. That means it cannot say one thing and later say the opposite. Apparent contradictions are always in our understanding, or poor translations, among other things.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jun 16

Originally posted by checkbaiter
All scripture is God breathed. People just tend to hang on to certain scriptures not understanding the whole of scripture, not even the context.
Furthermore, If ( and He is) God is perfect, then His word is perfect. That means it cannot say one thing and later say the opposite. Apparent contradictions are always in our understanding, or poor translations, among other things.
I agree with your statement.

I could be wrong, but it seems with some there is a subtle difference between that which
Jesus spoke and that which was given by the Holy Spirit. I guess if they do think that way
it is to create a distinction. The distinction would make one more important than the other.

If the Holy Spirit led truth is less than Jesus’ truth than God is somehow divided I guess in
their thinking.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Jun 16

I agree with your statement.

I could be wrong, but it seems with some there is a subtle difference between that which
Jesus spoke and that which was given by the Holy Spirit. I guess if they do think that way
it is to create a distinction. The distinction would make one more important than the other.

If the Holy Spirit led truth is less than Jesus’ truth than God is somehow divided I guess in
their thinking.
I believe the Holy Spirit is God. Whether it is God or Jesus speaking makes little difference to me. God speaks through His Son.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Jun 16

I believe the Holy Spirit is God. Whether it is God or Jesus speaking makes little difference to me. God speaks through His Son.
Again, we agree.

Boston Lad

USA

Moves
18 Jun 16

Originally posted by KellyJay (OP)
I think the OSAS question should start here.

If salvation does not begin until judgment day than no one is saved now
in this life time.

If salvation begins in this life time, then question becomes why isn't it
OSAS?

If someone can pretend to be saved, or miss the mark completely than
that does not take away from someone who is saved in this life time.

Are there other choices?

So when does it begin?
The moment an individual believes in Christ for salvation and eternal life.

Moves
18 Jun 16

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
The moment an individual believes in Christ for salvation and eternal life.
Do you believe it is possible to lose that salvation?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
18 Jun 16

Originally posted by divegeester
Do you believe it is possible to lose that salvation?
If a person can change his mind, then God can change his. There is no respect of persons with God.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jun 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
If a person can change his mind, then God can change his. There is no respect of persons with God.
Really God isn't trustworthy if He gives His Word? He can go back on it, and your reasons
for saying that is because people can change their minds.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 16
1 edit

Really God isn't trustworthy if He gives His Word? He can go back on it, and your reasons
for saying that is because people can change their minds.
This is the reason why people call my posts judgmental. Because people like you cannot read. Christ is very clear that there are CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

Here is what Christ said dozens of times:

Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples indeed;
John 8:51 .. IF a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
John 14:15-16 IF ye love me, keep my commandments. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever
John 15:10 IF ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
John 15:14 Ye are my friends, IF ye do whatsoever I command you.
Matt 7:21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; BUT he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

God is not untrustworthy. Man is untrustworthy.
God gave his word that IF you please Him, THEN you get eternal life.

Christ is very clear and his teachings are repeated all over by the Apostles.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jun 16
1 edit

This is the reason why people call my posts judgmental. Because people like you cannot read. Christ is very clear that there are CONDITIONS FOR ENTRY INTO THE KINGDOM OF GOD.

[i]Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples in ...[text shortened]... t eternal life.

It isn't me who didn't read this time, what was it I asked? If God gives His Word??
You gave me if statements in scripture, and I'm okay with them, but they have nothing to
do with what I asked.

y

Moves
19 Jun 16

[i]Matt 19:17 .. IF thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.
John 8:31 IF ye continue in my word, THEN are ye my disciples in ...[text shortened]... t eternal life.

I wonder if you see your inconsistency?

You are implying that God can change his mind because a person can change theirs, ludicrous. You are right God is no respector of persons but it is not for the reason you think. If you read ahead a few verses where 'the respector of persons' verse come from (Acts 10:34) you will see a different perspective than what you are all suggesting.

God is no respector of persons (or favors) with regards to nations. Jew and Gentile alike are equal in his eyes, different from what you are saying.

English Standard Version (ESV)

30 And Cornelius said, “Four days ago, about this hour, I was praying in my house at the ninth hour,[a] and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing 31 and said, ‘Cornelius, your prayer has been heard and your alms have been remembered before God. 32 Send therefore to Joppa and ask for Simon who is called Peter. He is lodging in the house of Simon, a tanner, by the sea.’ 33 So I sent for you at once, and you have been kind enough to come. Now therefore we are all here in the presence of God to hear all that you have been commanded by the Lord.”

Gentiles Hear the Good News
34 So Peter opened his mouth and said: “Truly I understand that God shows no partiality, 35 but in every nation anyone who fears him and does what is right is acceptable to him. 36 As for the word that he sent to Israel, preaching good news of peace through Jesus Christ (he is Lord of all),

How God is towards us does depend on how we respond, but he does not change because we opt for something different, if he did he would not be a God of his word.
Do you see the difference?

This is the reason why people call my posts judgmental. Because people like you cannot read.

No... I think the first part of your comment is probably true and has nothing to do with other people's reading comprehension.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Jun 16

God can and does change His mind depending on circumstances.
What does NOT change are His promises or covenants.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
19 Jun 16

God can and does change His mind depending on circumstances.
What does NOT change are His promises or covenants.
To tell you the truth I don't think He changes His mind according to circumstances
either since His foreknowledge would never allow Him to be shocked or surprised
by anything at all that occurs. I think He allows us to either go left or right and sets
up for our choices accordingly, which is why I agree when God gives an "If"
statement we need to take that very seriously. We are forewarned that if we do this
that will occur and if we do that this will occur, He will not alter from His conditions,
but will honor His Word. What we have to realize is that as serious as that makes
God, His mercy, love, and grace are being offered right now and at no other time
will this be true.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
19 Jun 16

Originally posted by yoctobyte
I wonder if you see your inconsistency?

You are implying that God can change his mind because a person can change theirs, ludicrous. You are right God is no respector of persons but it is not for the reason you think. If you read ahead a ...[text shortened]... f your comment is probably true and has nothing to do with other people's reading comprehension.
Gods mind does not change, becuase we make the assumption that the future is known to God. In the case of Judas Iscariot, God knew in advance that he would turn out to be evil and betray Jesus. So my point stands that people change and then God will deal with them accordingly.

As for your analysis of Acts 10:34, it shows that God is not respecter of persons, period. It has nothing to do with nations .. Act 10:35 But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.

Read it slowly:
In every nation
He that feareth God
And worketh righteousness
Is accepted by God.

You got that? It says
God accepts people who fear Him and do righteous things

So if a man claims to believe and claim to Love God and claim this, that and the other, God is not impressed until that man lives rightesouly. The nations part is telling you that God does not care what nation the man is from. God cares about living righteously. Those righteous people are accepted, and the unrighteous ones are not accepted.

And this quote from you shows how your head is not screwed on right. I had to laugh at this one:

How God is towards us does depend on how we respond, but he does not change because we opt for something different, if he did he would not be a God of his word.

Do you realise how contradictory that sentence is? 😀

y

Moves
19 Jun 16

Gods mind does not change, becuase we make the assumption that the future is known to God. In the case of Judas Iscariot, God knew in advance that he would turn out to be evil and betray Jesus. So my point stands that people change and then God will deal with them accordingly.

As for your analysis of Acts 10:34, it shows that God is not respecter of perso ...[text shortened]... he would not be a God of his word.[/i]

Do you realise how contradictory that sentence is? 😀
I will say to you what you are so quick to say to others, go and read what I had posted, because you are not getting what I said. Period. 😕