At what point in time does salvation begin?

At what point in time does salvation begin?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
13 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
I have already refuted John 8, but here is the thing....
What you think,as far as being obedient will keep you in good graces with God is wrong.
I will list the scriptures if you wish, but to be brief let me just say our righteousness before God is like filthy rags to Him.
We are like the scum that circles around the drain of your bathtub to God and J ...[text shortened]... saved and I know it, is because Jesus Christ already accomplished salvation for me on the cross.
Do you sincerely believe that merely reciting dogma that flies in the face of what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth changes the fact that you haven't refuted what I wrote about John 8 or 1 John 1?

Just because you claim to have refuted what I wrote about John 8 doesn't make it true. And you haven't addressed what I wrote about 1 John 1 at all.

As I pointed out:
"You believe that at best His followers will BOTH continue to commit sin AND are "free" despite the fact that according to what Jesus plainly states, means that they remain "slaves to sin". It's nonsensical."

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 16

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
Do you sincerely believe that merely reciting dogma that flies in the face of what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth changes the fact that you haven't refuted what I wrote about John 8 or 1 John 1?

Just because you claim to have refuted what I wrote about John 8 doesn't make it true. And you haven't addressed what I wrote about 1 John 1 at all.
...[text shortened]... cording to what Jesus plainly states, means that they remain "slaves to sin". It's nonsensical."
You have stated that the bible is full of contradictions and not reliable. What makes you think the words of Jesus are reliable? After all it was just written by men.

T

Moves
14 Jun 16

You have stated that the bible is full of contradictions and not reliable. What makes you think the words of Jesus are reliable? After all it was just written by men.
By and large, the words attributed while He walked the Earth are reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, much of what was attributed to Him is remarkably deep and quite profound. What's full of contradictions, is much of what surrounds what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

As I showed with John 8, His words contradict your dogma. You can keep pretending that they don't, but the fact is that they do and you haven't been able to refute it.

For that matter, you haven't been able to refute what I wrote about the passage from 1 John 1 that you took out of context which also contradicts your dogma.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Jun 16

By and large, the words attributed while He walked the Earth are reasonably sound and reasonably coherent within themselves. What's more, much of what was attributed to Him is remarkably deep and quite profound. What's full of contradictions, is much of what surrounds what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth.

As I showed with John 8, His words cont ...[text shortened]... about the passage from 1 John 1 that you took out of context which also contradicts your dogma.
Well that is very convenient for you that only the words of Christ are authentic.
The rest of the bible means little or nothing to you if they contradict the words of Christ.
Who's cherry picking now?
I believe the whole bible is authentic as first written by holy men of God.
No reasonable explanation will be enough for you if you hold on to your dogma.

T

Moves
14 Jun 16
2 edits

Well that is very convenient for you that only the words of Christ are authentic.
The rest of the bible means little or nothing to you if they contradict the words of Christ.
I believe the whole bible is authentic as first written by holy men of God.
No reasonable explanation will be enough for you if you hold on to [b]your dogma
.[/b]

Given that perhaps the most prevalent theme of what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, was the importance of HIS word, one would think that that would be true for everyone.

This doesn't make any sense. I've never claimed that the "whole bible is authentic" as you have. I've never claimed that I don't "pick and choose" from the bible. But YOU have. Then you proceed to dismiss the parts of the bible that don't support your beliefs and pretend that you don't.

No reasonable explanation will be enough for you if you hold on to your dogma

I don't have dogma, but YOU do. You believe your dogma regardless of all the evidence against it. You start with your dogma and dismiss the passages that are contrary to your dogma. You should look up the definition of the word so that you can use it appropriately.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16

[b]The rest of the bible means little or nothing to you if they contradict the words of Christ.

Given that perhaps the most prevalent theme of what Jesus taught while He walked the Earth, was the importance of HIS word, one would think that that would be true for everyone.

This doesn't make any sense. I've nev ...[text shortened]... your dogma. You should look up the definition of the word so that you can use it appropriately.[/b]
dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun
noun: dogma; plural noun: dogmas

a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Wiki

Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16
2 edits

[b]dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun

a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true.

Wiki

Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.[/b]
An example of a blasphemous statement: The words of Christ [red letters] at NOT incontrovertibly true, and they dont fit the rest of the Bible.

You cannot be OF CHRIST and make these statements. I mean you can but you are not going to get into the Kingdom of God.

The words of Christ IS eternal life.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jun 16

[b]dog·ma
ˈdôɡmə/
noun

Wiki

Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.[/b]
Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.

So I'm clear on your meaning, are you suggesting Jesus' words do not fit the rest of the
Bible or their dogma?

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16
1 edit

Originally posted by KellyJay
[b]Your dogma is the red letters of the bible, which don't always fit with the rest of the bible.

So I'm clear on your meaning, are you suggesting Jesus' words do not fit the rest of the
Bible or their dogma?[/b]
You are finally seeing what I have been saying to you for years, that many Christians dont really believe in Christ in their heart. .. only with their mouth.

Well better late than never.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
4 edits

If you believe Jesus, then salvation does not begin until the individual no longer commits sin. Unfortunately many Christians believe those other than Jesus or disingenuously ignore what Jesus repeatedly said while He walked the Earth.

When Zaccheus dropped down from the tree to the ground, why did Jesus tell him that on that day salvation had come to his house ?

" And Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham." (Luke 19:9)

How come Jesus didn't say salvation could not come to his house until he was sinless ?

Just pretend someone else besides sonship / jaywill asked, and answer the question for us.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship
If you believe Jesus, then salvation does not begin until the individual no longer commits sin. Unfortunately many Christians believe those other than Jesus or disingenuously ignore what Jesus repeatedly said while He walked the Earth.

When Zaccheus dropped down from the tree to the ground, why did Jesus tell him that on [i] that day [/ ...[text shortened]... ?

Just pretend someone else besides sonship / jaywill asked, and answer the question for us.
If you want to take that literally then salvation is come to the HOUSE.
The house gets eternal life, not the people.

Jesus meant that HE has come to the house.
Jesus = Salvation = Eternal Life.

The people will still face judgment.'
The people still have to go and sin no more
And endure until the end.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16
2 edits

C'mon ThinkOfOne, you don't need Rajk999 to answer for you.
Give us your own answer.

Why did Jesus say that on that day salvation had come to his house / household.

Look, I'm a reasonable guy. If you make a valid point, I'll simply admit that you made a valid point. If you've got a good point I will simply say that you have a good point.

Do you think Zachheus was no longer able to commit any transgressions from that day ownward when he jumped down to see Jesus ?

How come salvation came to his house / household on that day ?

" And Jesus said to him, Today salvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham." (Luke 19:9)

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
15 Jun 16

Originally posted by sonship
C'mon ThinkOfOne, you don't need Rajk999 to answer for you.
Give us your own answer.

Why did Jesus say that on that day salvation had come to his house / household.

Look, I'm a reasonable guy. If you make a valid point, I'll simply admit that you made a valid point. If you've got a good point I will simply say that you have a good point.

Do you th ...[text shortened]... alvation has come to this house, because he also is a son of Abraham." (Luke 19:9)
[/quote][/b]
This passage means what?

And all flesh shall see the salvation of God. (Luke 3:6 KJV)

Will all flesh get eternal life?
I can quote you a dozen passages where salvation means Christ... and you know that.
You are a deceitful Bible twister sonship.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
15 Jun 16

Originally posted by Rajk999
You are finally seeing what I have been saying to you for years, that many Christians dont really believe in Christ in their heart. .. only with their mouth.

Well better late than never.
No, I'm trying to understand his meaning. I am suspect of anyone who rejects one portion
of scripture because they think it doesn't fit with the rest. Since I believe Jesus was the
Word of God made flesh and the rest of the scripture was given to us by the Holy Spirit
I believe it all comes from the same source God.

I get that some are not following the Lord it is all mouth service nothing real about them.
The difference between you and I is that I believe we require God to do the will of God.
You seem be hung up on good works and take it no father than that.

The scripture teaches works isn't enough. It is true good works will be done by those that
belong to God not denying that, it is also true good works will be done by the lost, and
they will remain lost, even if they do good works in the name of Jesus.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
15 Jun 16

ThinkOfOne ?