Are Christians permitted to own slaves?

Are Christians permitted to own slaves?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I glanced over it this morning, as scurrilous a piece of jive talk as i have read for a long time, full of irrelevancy and speculative reasoning. Please tell the forum, when Paul states, 'females changed themselves into a position contrary to nature and even the males left the natural use of the female and became lustful towards each other,' he wasn't referring to homosexual acts. You may cite any source you choose.
You should do more than just glance over it if you still have to ask that question.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jan 13

Strange that some 250,000 join our organisation on an average every year.
We can argue these stats about 250,000 joining "on average" every year, in another thread, but I'd say more to the point is it's a shame there is only room in your utopia for 144,000 total.

Meanwhile you have just used this as a way of deflecting from your complete lack of humility and grace in this thread. You owe FMF either an apology or a "thank you", but you are way too far up your own ego to provide one, so let's just stay focused on that shall we.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by divegeester
We can argue these stats about 250,000 joining "on average" every year, in another thread, but I'd say more to the point is it's a shame there is only room in your utopia for 144,000 total.

Meanwhile you have just used this as a way of deflecting from your complete lack of humility and grace in this thread. You owe FMF either an apology or a "thank yo ...[text shortened]... way too far up your own ego to provide one, so let's just stay focused on that shall we.
I have heard, I don't know if it is true,

That when Jehovah's Witnesses gather at the Kingdom Hall
they hold a similar kind of service as you would expect in
a Christian House of Worship.

But when it come to the bread and wine, only a select few go up
to participate in this ritual.

Maybe Robbie can correct me on this but as far as I was told,
these select few claim to be among those 144,000 that you are on about.

If God created man in his image and He has love for us all equally,
why would he set people part in an elitist grouping like that?
If there is a God up there I think he would be ruling alone.
He would not need 144,000 humans to help him.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
You should do more than just glance over it if you still have to ask that question.
why don't you provide a summation for me? I provide scriptural references when you asked of me, why don't you provide a simply summation of why Paul makes no reference to homosexual acts? hmmm?

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
I have heard, I don't know if it is true,

That when Jehovah's Witnesses gather at the Kingdom Hall
they hold a similar kind of service as you would expect in
a Christian House of Worship.

But when it come to the bread and wine, only a select few go up
to participate in this ritual.

Maybe Robbie can correct me on this but as far as I was t ...[text shortened]... God up there I think he would be ruling alone.
He would not need 144,000 humans to help him.
elitist? i dont know about you johnny but i have no desire to live in heaven, i prefer it here on earth, let me spell it out for you, what Gods Kingdom is,

you have Jehovah, the creator of all things,

you have Jesus, King of Gods Kingdom (essentially a heavenly government), with him, 144,000 co rulers, who rule with Christ as Kings and priests, people who were humans and who become spiritual sons of God, made up of men and women from human kind.

You have the subjects of Gods Kingdom, those who will live on restored paradise earth, like Adam and Eve and who will fulfil Gods original purpose, which has not changed.

Joining these are the millions who have died, without knowledge of Christ who will be resurrected and given the opportunity to learn about God and Christ. The resurrection of the righteous and the unrighteous.

At our Kingdom Hall we have a discourse and then a Bible study, we only pass bread and wine once a year, on the exact date of the passover which Christ celebrated and which he commanded us to keep doing in remembrance of him.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jan 13

elitist? i dont know about you johnny but i have no desire to live in heaven, i prefer it here on earth, let me spell it out for you, what Gods Kingdom is,

you have Jesus, King of Gods Kingdom (essentially a heavenly government), with him, 144,000 co rulers, who rule with Christ as Kings and prie ...[text shortened]... passover which Christ celebrated and which he commanded us to keep doing in remembrance of him.
Is there anyone there who knows what an apology is?

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
23 Jan 13
1 edit

you have Jesus, King of Gods Kingdom (essentially a heavenly government), with him, 144,000 co rulers, who rule with Christ as Kings and prie ...[text shortened]... passover which Christ celebrated and which he commanded us to keep doing in remembrance of him.
Is it true that only a certain elite group partake of this bread and wine ritual?

You don't all get bread and wine?

Also, if there is only one Kingdom, why all these Kings???

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
23 Jan 13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apology_(Plato)

a·pol·o·gy
n. pl. a·pol·o·gies
A formal justification or defense.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/apology

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jan 13

why don't you provide a summation for me? I provide scriptural references when you asked of me, why don't you provide a simply summation of why Paul makes no reference to homosexual acts? hmmm?
Well he does make reference to homosexual acts. The point is, that's not what he's railing against. Have you not read Romans?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jan 13

I'm afraid there is. Sorry about that.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 13
1 edit

Well he does make reference to homosexual acts. The point is, that's not what he's railing against. Have you not read Romans?
he does make reference to homosexual acts, does he portray those acts in a positive light or otherwise regardless of whether that was the main intent of his writings? I have read the book of Romans many times.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 13

Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
Is it true that only a certain elite group partake of this bread and wine ritual?

You don't all get bread and wine?

Also, if there is only one Kingdom, why all these Kings???
They are co rulers with the Christ. The whole arrangement was prefigured by the natural nation of Israel, which had a high priest and other priests, the holy and the most holy etc etc etc, all were types, the anti typical representation being the Christ and the 144.000. Very few Christians appreciate the Jewish system of things, with its temple and priesthood because they are so caught up in the Greek scriptures and if it were nor for Paul we wouldn't really know how they relate.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
23 Jan 13

he does make reference to homosexual acts, does he portray those acts in a positive light or otherwise regardless of whether that was the main intent of his writings? I have read the book of Romans many times.
The particular flavour of the sexual proclivities detailed is besides the point. If you are at all interested in taking this argument further, why don't you go back to the page I previously referenced and read it properly. He answers the questions you are posing with detail and clarity beyond that which I can achieve, him being a committed christian and biblical scholar, me being... other than that.

rc

Moves
23 Jan 13
1 edit

The particular flavour of the sexual proclivities detailed is besides the point. If you are at all interested in taking this argument further, why don't you go back to the page I previously referenced and read it properly. He answers the questions you are posing with detail and clarity beyond that which I can achieve, him being a committed christian and biblical scholar, me being... other than that.
thanks but the scriptural details are somewhat self evident.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
24 Jan 13

They are co rulers with the Christ. The whole arrangement was prefigured by the natural nation of Israel, which had a high priest and other priests, the holy and the most holy etc etc etc, all were types, the anti typical representation being the Christ and the 144.000. Very few Christians appreciate the Jewish system of things, with its temple and ...[text shortened]... up in the Greek scriptures and if it were nor for Paul we wouldn't really know how they relate.
I think you give too much credit to Paul. It is John that explains the 144,000. 😏