Are Christians permitted to own slaves?

Are Christians permitted to own slaves?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
hardly. FMF's modus operandi is to extract a hurried and thoughtless statement and proceed to see if it can be subject to falsification, he is a victim in this instance of his own crimes. Had we been permitted to engage in a discussion rather than be subject to FMFs haranguing i dare say I would have come to the conclusion, sooner. In fact, it w ...[text shortened]... sue at hand, I therefore state that I came to the conclusion, despite FMF, not because of him.
You had an opportunity here to offer a simple "fair point FMF, thanks" or maybe a "you know what FMF, I was wrong - sorry; but no, instead you have chosen to reveal your real character, the cult element which says "even when I'm wrong I'm right". Your repeated demonstration of mean-spiritedness and pride is always enough to discourage others from straying too close to the the reach of your organisation. Thank you.

Ro

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

its not difficult at all, they may be shown love as people, a true Christian will never accept what they practice as being contrary to scripture and contrary to nature as I have rigorously demonstrated on these forums with reference to empirically established data.
I think you ducked that one.

That law is not concerned with how you feel about homosexuality, but what you do to peope caught in acts of homosexuality.

The law demanded that you execute them. Now it demands that you show them love.

This is not the 'fulfilment' of that particular law, it is the complete opposite.

Ro

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

empirically
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

(Nod to googlefudge.)

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Rank outsider
I think you ducked that one.

That law is not concerned with how you [b]feel
about homosexuality, but what you do to peope caught in acts of homosexuality.

The law demanded that you execute them. Now it demands that you show them love.

This is not the 'fulfilment' of that particular law, it is the complete opposite.[/b]
No its not, for they have still placed themselves under Gods wrath by practising something which is punishable, the fact that they remain unpunished is a testimony to the love that is being shown in the hope that they repent, this provision not being open to anyone under the former covenant.

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire any to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.

Ultimately all unrighteousness will be punished. Gods love as I have stated is not sentimental, its always tempered with divine justice also.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13

"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

(Nod to googlefudge.)
then I suggest that you have him look it up.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
You had an opportunity here to offer a simple [b]"fair point FMF, thanks" or maybe a "you know what FMF, I was wrong - sorry; but no, instead you have chosen to reveal your real character, the cult element which says "even when I'm wrong I'm right". Your repeated demonstration of mean-spiritedness and pride is always enough to discourage others from straying too close to the the reach of your organisation. Thank you.[/b]
don't mention it, any time, you're welcome, come again, see you soon, have a nice day, etc etc. Strange that some 250,000 join our organisation on an average every year and all that despite critics like you, the total summation of your spirituality being to point out faults in others, oh well, wish you well.

(Matthew 7:1-5).“Stop judging that you may not be judged for with what judgement you are judging, you will be judged; and with the measure that you are measuring out, they will measure out to you. Why, then, do you look at the straw in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the rafter in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Allow me to extract the straw from your eye’; when, look! a rafter is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First extract the rafter from your own eye, and then you will see clearly how to extract the straw from your brother’s eye.

F

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

Strange that some 250,000 join our organisation on an average every year...
I think you may have rather missed divegeester's point. How many of those 250,000 join your organisation having witnessed your demeanour towards others, and your obvious inability to remain civil when processing disagreement or scrutiny, as demonstrated on this discussion forum time and time again?

Z

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by FMF
I think you may have rather missed divegeester's point. How many of those 250,000 join your organisation having witnessed your demeanour towards others, and your obvious inability to remain civil when processing disagreement or scrutiny, as demonstrated on this discussion forum time and time again?
from the safety of anonymity the internet provides, it is easy to be a jerk. he probably hides his true self in real life, else society would punish him

we here are not a real society. there are no rules, and they cannot be enforced anyway. in a real society, dasa, rjhinds, robbie would be ignored. would not be invited to social events. here, we are forced to read through their opinions, just to get to the good posts, posts that actually contribute something.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Zahlanzi
from the safety of anonymity the internet provides, it is easy to be a jerk. he probably hides his true self in real life, else society would punish him

we here are not a real society. there are no rules, and they cannot be enforced anyway. in a real society, dasa, rjhinds, robbie would be ignored. would not be invited to social events. here, we are fo ...[text shortened]... through their opinions, just to get to the good posts, posts that actually contribute something.
I would not want to be invited to your real society, anyway. 😏

P.S. I suspect that Dasa's society would be better than yours.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by Zahlanzi

we here are not a real society. there are no rules, and they cannot be enforced anyway. in a real society, dasa, rjhinds, robbie would be ignored. would not be invited to social events. here, we are fo ...[text shortened]... through their opinions, just to get to the good posts, posts that actually contribute something.
still waiting for you to substantiate your ludicrous claims that the Bible permits a Christian to rape and engage in slavery. Indeed, its rather exemplary of the type of twaddle that we have sadly become accustomed to from you Zippy, ironic too, that you claim to have some content to your posts, all things considered for generally they resemble the emotional rantings of rampant sociopath.

Ro

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

No its not, for they have still placed themselves under Gods wrath by practising something which is punishable, the fact that they remain unpunished is a testimony to the love that is being shown in the hope that they repent, this provision not being open to anyone under the former covenant.

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise ...[text shortened]... d. Gods love as I have stated is not sentimental, its always tempered with divine justice also.
So the Christian form of God wants to allow time for sinners to be able to repent?

So why does the Mosaic form of God insist that the sinner be dragged off immediately to be stoned to death with no chance of repentance?

However you look at it, this law is not being 'fulfilled', it is being changed.

And as this concerns the execution of a human being, I would have expected God to have decided what the correct approach is and then stick to it.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
1 edit

So the Christian form of God wants to allow time for sinners to be able to repent?

So why does the Mosaic form of God insist that the sinner be dragged off immediately to be stoned to death with no chance of repentance?

However you look at it, this law is not being 'fulfilled', it is being changed.

And as this concerns the execution of a human ...[text shortened]... , I would have expected God to have decided what the correct approach is and then stick to it.
I cannot state why the mosaic law was so harsh, it just was. If you think that laws
have been changed then who am i to tell you differently. The Law fulfilled its purpose,
it made sins manifest.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
22 Jan 13

(2 Peter 3:9) Jehovah is not slow respecting his promise ...[text shortened]... d. Gods love as I have stated is not sentimental, its always tempered with divine justice also.
Did you take the time to peruse that page I linked to? Fella makes a very strong case that it wasn't homosexuality that Paul was banging on about in Romans.

rc

Moves
22 Jan 13
2 edits

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Did you take the time to peruse that page I linked to? Fella makes a very strong case that it wasn't homosexuality that Paul was banging on about in Romans.
I glanced over it this morning, as scurrilous a piece of jive talk as i have read for a long time, full of irrelevancy and speculative reasoning. Please tell the forum, when Paul states, 'females changed themselves into a position contrary to nature and even the males left the natural use of the female and became lustful towards each other,' he wasn't referring to homosexual acts. You may cite any source you choose.

j

Dublin Ireland

Moves
22 Jan 13

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
Trust you to use the word banging in a debate about sex. πŸ™‚