Archangel Michael

Archangel Michael

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
Don't you guys ever read anything in context? James has been talking
about why they are having quarrels and conflicts among the members.
He tells them it is due to their pride, envy, and lust after the material
pleasures of the world. They ask God in Prayer for riches so they can
spend on pleasures of this world and they do not receive because they
as ...[text shortened]... ng in political
office or in any branch of the government to help make things better
for all.
Lol...OMG. Then why didn't any of Christ followers run for office then?

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

RJH is correct in my humble opinion, brother g-man.

The World referred to in Scripture is basically the construct, and all its inhabitants, outside the family of God. The World has its way, and the family of God has its way, both standing in complete opposition to one another. Jesus is not of this World and all us believers are urged to likewise avoid being of this World and shun its ways.

Do you believe there is a different context, kind sir?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
And Christ said ..

Luke 16:9 And I say unto you, Make to yourselves friends of the mammon of unrighteousness; that, when ye fail, they may receive you into everlasting habitations.
Lets help you out here a little by this version and see if you can get the point of this scripture. It's not saying what you think it is.
You know so many scriptures my friend but don't know how to connect the dots and get the big picture. Maybe you will someday I hope...

Luke 16:9
The Message (MSG)
8-9"Now here's a surprise: The master praised the crooked manager! And why? Because he knew how to look after himself. Streetwise people are smarter in this regard than law-abiding citizens. They are on constant alert, looking for angles, surviving by their wits. I want you to be smart in the same way—but for what is right—using every adversity to stimulate you to creative survival, to concentrate your attention on the bare essentials, so you'll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior."

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by sumydid
RJH is correct in my humble opinion, brother g-man.

The World referred to in Scripture is basically the construct, and all its inhabitants, outside the family of God. The World has its way, and the family of God has its way, both standing in complete opposition to one another. Jesus is not of this World and all us believers are urge ...[text shortened]... f this World and shun its ways.

Do you believe there is a different context, kind sir?
Hi buddy and see my last post to help with this scripture. Take care...

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
Lets help you out here a little by this version and see if you can get the point of this scripture. It's not saying what you think it is.
You know so many scriptures my friend but don't know how to connect the dots and get the big picture. Maybe you will someday I hope...

The Message (MSG)
8-9"Now here's a surprise: The master praised t ...[text shortened]... sentials, so you'll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior."
This appears to be a man working the system to his advantage.
How does that condemn serving in government to make things
better for ourselves as well as our fellow Christians.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Nov 11

The Message (MSG)
8-9"Now here's a surprise: The master praised t ...[text shortened]... sentials, so you'll live, really live, and not complacently just get by on good behavior."
I think the overall big picture as you call it is not what you are saying.

It is as follows : Dont allow yourself to do the wrong that the world is doing but make friends and used those friendships to live in the world. You can live in the world and still be apart from the worldiness.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 11

Lol...OMG. Then why didn't any of Christ followers run for office then?
Christ's immediate followers were commanded to spread the good news.
That still does not prevent any converts from serving in the government.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

It is as follows : Dont allow yourself to do the wrong that the world is doing but make friends and used those friendships to live in the world. You can live in the world and still be apart from the worldiness.
Ok you said the point here. Don't be friends with ones of the world that are doing wrong worldly things. What wrongs would that be? Are the governments doing wrong in God's eyes?
What kinds of friends would one want to have on a friendly social level? No doubt ones that believe as you do and would not kill you if their government told them to and would not do spiritual things that are not pleasing to God.
So this being friends with the world would apply on all levels from your neighbor to your govenrment.
And none of the worlds governments ever have the Kingdom of God in mind in their plans. None ever ask God for his Kingdom to take over and solve all our problems. We know what these governments are after that is power and riches just as it has been from the first government.

Here is another version of that scripture:

New Life Version (NLV)
9 “I tell you, make friends for yourselves by using the riches of the world that are so often used in wrong ways. So when riches are a thing of the past, friends may receive you into a home that will be forever.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Christ's immediate followers were commanded to spread the good news.
That still does not prevent any converts from serving in the government.
If you say so....... Why didn't any of the early Christians serve in any governmental positions?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
01 Nov 11

Sorry but I missed the last part you said here and yes your correct that we are in the world and have to live in it and have friends and work and all that we have to do to live here.
But as you say we don't have to get invloved in it's "worldliness".
Man wants to rule man and that's the way it is now, but we have our alligence only with God's Kingdom.
The Bible says we cannot serve two masters. We serve God only. If one pledges allegence to this or any other government, then your trying to serve two masters....

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Nov 11

If you say so....... Why didn't any of the early Christians serve in any governmental positions?
Daniel the prophet served on the court of Nebuchadnezzar ? So once again your wrong as God's people can serve in Government. Government was instituted by God to be a judge and sword if needed against evil men. Some of the early Christians were Roman soldiers and officers also. This just shows your lack of understanding of history.

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Nov 11
3 edits

Jesus was criticized for associating with publicans, who worked for the
Roman government collecting taxes. Jesus took one of these publicans
as His disciple. His name was Levi (Matthew). (Luke 5:27)

The first gentile convert to Christianity was a soldier in the Roman army.
His name is Cornelius the centurion living at Caesarea. (Acts 10)

http://www.endtimeprophecy.net/Articles/corneli1.html

P.S. Although both these men were part of the Roman government
they both had only one spiritual master.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Nov 11
1 edit

Do you know of a Roman Army Captain called Cornelius?
Read about him in Acts 10.
An entire chapter in Acts devoted to his conversion to Christianity.
He was clearly in the Government.
He was in the armed forces ...duh !
He was a devout Christian.
He did not leave is post after his conversion to Christianity.

If your NWT edited out that chapter [for obvious reasons], then get your hands on a KJV. But dont get caught reading that apostate Bible ... 😀

Sorry .. RJ Hinds already alerted you to Cornelius.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Nov 11

Sorry but I missed the last part you said here and yes your correct that we are in the world and have to live in it and have friends and work and all that we have to do to live here.
But as you say we don't have to get invloved in it's "worldliness".
Man wants to rule man and that's the way it is now, but we have our alligence only with God's Kingdom ...[text shortened]... edges allegence to this or any other government, then your trying to serve two masters....
Im sure all Christians are aware of all that. I will agree that not all Christians are able to successfully separate themselves from the world they way Christ and Paul intended. However the way you are proposing that they do it is above and beyond what is required of Christians.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
01 Nov 11

Do you know of a Roman Army Captain called Cornelius?
Read about him in Acts 10.
An entire chapter in Acts devoted to his conversion to Christianity.
He was clearly in the Government.
He was in the armed forces ...duh !
He was a devout Christian.
He did not leave is post after his conversion to Christianity.

If your NWT edited out that chapter [for ...[text shortened]... caught reading that apostate Bible ... 😀

Sorry .. RJ Hinds already alerted you to Cornelius.
Beautiful stuff 🙂 I need to re-read the book of Acts a lot of interesting things happen in that book.

Manny