Archangel Michael

Archangel Michael

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Oct 11

Originally posted by galveston75
You have NO truth no matter how much you dream of it....
Neither do you.

The funny thing is that all of you are exactly the same, you're all peas from the same pod. What you find distasteful in each other, you are all guilty of the same (to a degree).

Tragic really.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
30 Oct 11
1 edit

Thanks..It's a good one huh?
BEEEEP !

The correct Question is :

"What is the year that the JWs wrote a Bible to fit their own mind?"

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
Neither do you.

The funny thing is that all of you are exactly the same, you're all peas from the same pod. What you find distasteful in each other, you are all guilty of the same (to a degree).

Tragic really.
We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that. You wait and be patient my friend and you'll see who turns on who in the future. They've done it in the past by putting us in jail, sending lench mobs after us and flogging us on the streets and even put us to death even here in this country and fully backed by their church leaders. That is something we will never do to them no matter how much we disagree.
Just wait and someday you'll remember this thread...

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
BEEEEP !

"What is the year that the JWs wrote a Bible to fit their own mind?"
BEEEEP !

"What is the year that the JWs wrote a Bible to correct the doctored up editions that support such beliefs as the trinity?"

I would think you would agree with that unless your flipping to their side no matter what.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Oct 11

We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that. You wait and be patient my friend and you'll see who turns on who in the future. They've done it in the past by putting us in jail, sending lench mobs after us and flogging us on the streets and even put us to death even here in this country and fully backed by their church leaders. T ...[text shortened]... o them no matter how much we disagree.
We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that.

But you are, you just can't see it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 11

[b]We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that.

But you are, you just can't see it.[/b]
No we're not. You need to read the post better.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
30 Oct 11

I'm not talking about this thread per se but your general attitude towards each other over the years in the time i have been posting here.

Your speciality is patronising people with your condescending attitude. Take your last two posts in reply to me for instance as evidence -

We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that.

and

Quite remarkable really, i think you do it without even realising.

Moves
30 Oct 11
1 edit

Well in truth we're not in the same religion. We have nothing to do with so called Christian churches that will send it's members off to kill for their governments with their blessings, pledge allegance to that government and worship it's flag and even have that flag in their churches.
And ones who practice paganistic doctrines as well as holidays.
R who are only a token religion that Jesus condemns and that is deeply involved in this world.
It's nothing to do with any of that; I don't judge you as you obviously judge others. Your so called good works don't impress me I'm afraid - lots of atheists do good works as do (and indeed especially) Catholics.

I'm pointing out that the Jesus you sort of follow is also known as (in your organisation that is) Michael the archangel and as Abaddon, who is widely recognised as a demon. We therefore have little in common spiritually speaking and I feel a lot more comfortable with the inner witness I've always had that Jehovah Witness-ism is demonic in origin.

Moves
30 Oct 11

Quite remarkable really, i think you do it without even realising.
I think you are correct; it's a sort of spiritual smug self contentedness based on the delusion that THEY are the ONES.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
30 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by divegeester
I think you are correct; it's a sort of spiritual smug self contentedness based on the delusion that THEY are the ONES.
The irony is amazing to me.

Most; I repeat, most... Christians are humble about what we believe has been revealed to us in the Gospel. I know from at least the perspective of Protestant Christians; we are unwaivering in our contention that we've done absolutely nothing on our own to deserve the grace and mercy of God.

And yet, the message we communicate is often times portrayed as an arrogant trumpeting of our superiority over others.

Far from it!

That said, I do understand how it can be seen as such from the other side. It's just uber-ironic, is all. We don't mean for it to sound that way but... nevertheless, that is how it is received.

We Protestant Christians don't think we are special or superior. Frankly, we just think we are very, very fortunate and want others to share in our joy.

Moves
30 Oct 11
1 edit

Originally posted by sumydid
The irony is amazing to me.

Most; I repeat, most... Christians are humble about what we believe has been revealed to us in the Gospel. I know from at least the perspective of Protestant Christians; we are unwaivering in our contention that we've done absolutely nothing on our own to deserve the grace and mercy of God.

And yet, the message we communica or. Frankly, we just think we are very, very fortunate and want others to share in our joy.
Most of the debating between the JW's and Christians here is not about superiority, it's about core elements of truth such as the deity of Christ and justification by faith. I don't claim to be anything except a worthless sinning wretch who is saved by the grace of God alone.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
30 Oct 11
2 edits

I'm not talking about this thread per se but your general attitude towards each other over the years in the time i have been posting here.

Your speciality is patronising people with your condescending attitude. Take your last two posts in reply to me for instance as evidence -

We are nothing like them and [b]anyone with their eyes ope post better.

Quite remarkable really, i think you do it without even realising.[/b]
Sorry to do that to you.... The constant attacks tend to ruffle ones feathers. And I'm not referring to you about the attacks.

Moves
30 Oct 11

Sorry to do that to you.... The constant attacks tend to ruffle ones feathers. And I'm not referring to you about the attacks.
You are not being "persecuted", any more than anyone else here is - there is no righteousness to be gain in debating on the internet Galv.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Oct 11

We are nothing like them and anyone with their eyes open can see that. You wait and be patient my friend and you'll see who turns on who in the future. They've done it in the past by putting us in jail, sending lench mobs after us and flogging us on the streets and even put us to death even here in this country and fully backed by their church leaders. T ...[text shortened]... o them no matter how much we disagree.
References please.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
30 Oct 11
3 edits

Originally posted by divegeester
there is no righteousness to be gain in debating on the internet Galv.
What relevance is this statement.

Believers, some of us, are compelled to engage The World and challenge its denial of the Gospel. True, no righteousness is to be gained and of all people, believers understand that because the bible tells us so. However... we are compelled to defend the Word of God nonetheless.

Did you say what you said because you think the G-man is participating here to score points with our Father?

Just curious, not attacking at all...