Apologies to all.

Apologies to all.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by FMF
I used my response to his apology to offer him an idea for some wry or even rueful "comfort" he could take from among the nasty wreckage of the calamity he had brought upon himself. It was something akin to the "good news about the chocolate orange". And I wished him well too, of course. You still haven't, I note. Your concern for his "plight", as you put it, doesn't amount to much does it? Certainly not as much as mine. 😉
Your underhanded 'wishes'--- an afterthought to insulting others--- has a negative value.
Because I have not intoned anything on the topic as it concerns him, one could rightly conclude that my contribution is zero.
Between zero and a negative value, which is more preferred?

The fact that you are even now arguing the exceedingly obvious point serves only to reinforce your position as King of the Douche Bag's Douche Bag's Douche Bag.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by FreakyKBH
The fact that you are even now arguing the exceedingly obvious point serves only to reinforce your position as King of the Douche Bag's Douche Bag's Douche Bag.
I don't think there was anything wrong with the humorous well wishes I expressed in my first post on this thread. I think you are trying a bit too hard to land a blow. I don't think I am a Douche Bag at all.

Ro

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Is Douchebag the new Boofhead? I just can't keep up with the cool kids round here.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 16

Take comfort from the fact that, amidst it all, Grampy Bobby took it upon himself at one point to single you out as "insightful"...
So Dasa complains he wasn't in his right mind (for whatever reason), and that prescription medication is required to keep him stable.
FMF--- instead of initially offering condolences or accolades for honesty--- takes ...[text shortened]... se are the actions of a douche bag's douche bag's douche bag.
A triple douche bag, if you will.
Not only did you apparently fail to follow what he said, but your own behaviour (choosing to insult FMF for what you perceived as bad behaviour) seems hardly any better than what you thought you were criticizing. And you don't have pain as an excuse.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by twhitehead
Not only did you apparently fail to follow what he said, but your own behaviour (choosing to insult FMF for what you perceived as bad behaviour) seems hardly any better than what you thought you were criticizing. And you don't have pain as an excuse.
Apparently.
Either I failed to follow what he said, or I didn't.
Don't patronize me by flowering the description.
It is crystal clear that FMF used the situation to FIRSTLY insult two other posters and SECONDLY offer well wishes.
Anyone who has any experience in conversing with others can immediately recognize his intent, as he made it very clear: use this situation to put others in a bad light.
If FMF's intention was to wish Dasa well, he would have done just that and only that.
There wouldn't have been the preemptive slam on other posters... oh, and by the way, good luck with your situation.

I don't need an excuse, as I have not veiled my intention in the slightest.
I did not compliment FMF on his excellent typing or consideration for syntax.
I called him out for a disingenuous post and (rightly) crowned him for his efforts therein.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by Dasa
This post is an apology because the last 48 hours in this forum have been a marathon for me.

I was feeling many times that the whole forum was against me, and that my wits were being stretched.

I did not like those circumstance,s and hope I do not experience it again.

I must admit it was very much my doing to get myself into that predicament with th ...[text shortened]... it out on the forum.

Sorry guys, I am out of here for the month now.(see ya)

Self exiled.
For that which you said to and about me, I forgive.

F

Unknown Territories

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Rank outsider
Is Douchebag the new Boofhead? I just can't keep up with the cool kids round here.
Douche bag is two words, Boofhead.

[EDIT: It's only one. Guess that makes me the Boofhead.]

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

If FMF's intention was to wish Dasa well, he would have done just that and only that.
I both wished him good luck and I offered him some ironic "comfort". He hasn't necessarily, after all, burnt his bridges with everyone. 🙂

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

There wouldn't have been the preemptive slam on other posters... oh, and by the way, good luck with your situation.
How did I "slam" them exactly? Both comments were pretty much the plain and unadorned truth about the two posters' demeanour towards Dasa during the conflagration. It's as if you simply don't get the humour of the situation or the humour of what was said.

Cape Town

Moves
31 Mar 16

It is crystal clear that FMF used the situation to FIRSTLY insult two other posters and SECONDLY offer well wishes.
Agreed. And that calls for insults why?

Anyone who has any experience in conversing with others can immediately recognize his intent, as he made it very clear: use this situation to put others in a bad light.
And rightly so.

His intentions were clearly multiple.

Well there was, suggesting you don't know much about people.

I don't need an excuse, as I have not veiled my intention in the slightest.
FMFs intentions weren't veiled either nor were Dasas. FMFs were reasonable, Dasa were not and yours were only slightly better than Dasa's but you don't have pain as an excuse.

I called him out for a disingenuous post and (rightly) crowned him for his efforts therein.
No, you just flat out insulted him because you didn't like him criticizing your fellow Christians no matter how badly they had behaved.

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
4 edits

Originally posted by Rank outsider
If someone came into your house and physically attacked someone close to you (God forbid) would you accept his apology for treading mud on your carpet?

Dasa apologised for calling some people 'boofheads' etc. He still advocates genocide against Muslims and believes rape can be justified.

It is interesting to note that the supposed immoral atheis ...[text shortened]... Some actively support him. Some act as apologists for his views on rape. Some just wander off.
What Dasa advocates is his affair, it is a reflection of no one but himself. I have enough dealing with my own idiosyncrasies and as sh76 eloquently pointed out in another thread I am not here to save the world. If you find condemning people with extreme views fulfilling then so be it , it holds no interest for me, sorry. Of much greater interest is to what extent people harbour these perspectives and why. Perhaps you should be asking why these 'immoral' atheists are allegedly more vociferous in their condemnation of Dasa than the Christians? that is what holds interest, but merely weighing them on some imaginary sensibility-o-meter to condemn one over the other accomplishes little.

I have a beech floor, just saying and if a psycho killer offered you advice on how to dress for dinner I am quite sure you would consider it, if it was sound advice.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Mar 16

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
What Dasa advocates is his affair, it is a reflection of no one but himself. I have enough dealing with my own idiosyncrasies and as sh76 eloquently pointed out in another thread I am not here to save the world. If you find condemning people with extreme views fulfilling then so be it , it holds no interest for me, sorry. Of much greater interest i ...[text shortened]... advice on how to dress for dinner I am quite sure you would consider it, if it was sound advice.
"Perhaps you should be asking why these atheists are allegedly more vociferous in their condemnation than Christians?"

I suspect it's because our morality is home grown, rather than handed down to us by a fictitious being of moral ambiguity.

rc

Moves
31 Mar 16
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"Perhaps you should be asking why these atheists are allegedly more vociferous in their condemnation than Christians?"

I suspect it's because our morality is home grown, rather than handed down to us by a fictitious being of moral ambiguity.
or that you are more contentious than Christians? or Christians have been taught not to judge others. So many possibilities.

F

Moves
31 Mar 16

or that you are more contentious than Christians? or Christians have been taught not to judge others. So many possibilities.
Marital rape seemed to cause you considerable cognitive dissonance and your were even denying there was such a thing for dozens of thread pages a while back. Was your stance on that caused by your Christianity?

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
31 Mar 16

Contentious or conscientious?