anti-intellectualism

anti-intellectualism

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
because I have studied and examined its contents and its appears to me to be entirely sound. Its scientifically accurate (when it touches upon matters of science), its historically accurate, its teachings are sound, its internal harmony is amazing, its the most widely translated and distributed book in humanity, is able to transcend all kinds of barriers. all in all its pretty damn awesome.
Scientifically accurate? That's odd, because I remember having a discussion with you about the scientific accuracy of the Bible, Genesis specifically. At the end of it you made some claim about the Bible being specifically 'not' a science book because it wasn't that accurate.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
It quite evidently was a throwing in of the towel. You were more than happy to answer the 'personal' questions I asked you, and you were quite happy to answer FMF's 'personal' questions until your line of reasoning came a little unstuck.
sorry this is once again about personalities, not interested, but thanks anyway.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
24 Apr 14

It quite evidently was a throwing in of the towel. You were more than happy to answer the 'personal' questions I asked you, and you were quite happy to answer FMF's 'personal' questions until your line of reasoning came a little unstuck.
that's Robbie for you once a knob always a knob

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Scientifically accurate? That's odd, because I remember having a discussion with you about the scientific accuracy of the Bible, Genesis specifically. At the end of it you made some claim about the Bible being specifically 'not' a science book because it wasn't that accurate.
what I have actually said was that when it touches upon matters of science, its scientifically accurate!

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by redbarons
that's Robbie for you once a knob always a knob
perhaps this is not the thread for you.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

sorry this is once again about personalities, not interested, but thanks anyway.
The towels in again!!!

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
This sounds a bit different from the stuff you were saying about Christians on the Happy Easter thread the other day.
another attempt to reduce the thread to the level of personalities, sigh. Perhaps this is not the thread for you?

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

The towels in again!!!
perhaps this is not the thread for you either?

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

you were asking me specifics about scripture effhim was only trolling
How do you figure that? I was asking you "specifics about scripture".

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by FMF
How do you figure that? I was asking you "specifics about scripture".
sorry effhim, threads not about you. I hope you understand. Perhaps its not the thread for you?

F

Moves
24 Apr 14

another attempt to reduce the thread to the level of personalities, sigh. Perhaps this is not the thread for you?
I was commenting on personal remarks you were making in response to a C.S.Lewis quotation and how they seemed incongruous with personal remarks you made about Christians a few days ago.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14

Originally posted by FMF
I was commenting on personal remarks you were making in response to a C.S.Lewis quotation and how they seemed incongruous with personal remarks you made about Christians a few days ago.
Its not about me effhim. Perhaps its not the thread for you?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14
1 edit

perhaps this is not the thread for you either?
You seem to have lost the plot. You were being asked on topic questions about statements you have made in this thread. If you don't wish to answer them just say so, but please quit with this ludicrous charade about 'personal' questions.

rc

Moves
24 Apr 14
2 edits

You seem to have lost the plot. You were being asked on topic questions about statements you have made in this thread. If you don't wish to answer them just say so, but please quit with this ludicrous charade about 'personal' questions.
not about me, what its actually about is a Christians willingness to substitute emotionalism for study of scripture. My contention being that i dont see how its possible to get to know God without study. This is what its actually about. Now if you have anything to say on the topic, please feel free, otherwise, perhaps this is not the thread for you after all?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
24 Apr 14

not about me, what its actually about is a Christians willingness to substitute emotionalism for study of scripture. My contention being that i dont see how its possible to get to know God without study. This is what its actually about. Now if you have anything to say on [b]the topic, please feel free, otherwise, perhaps this is not the thread for you after all?[/b]
What is the point in engaging with you? As soon as someone starts asking you questions about statements you have made and your views on the topic at hand, if you can't answer them, out trots your rather boring and banal 'it's not about me' or 'personal remarks will be ignored' lines.