another bloody blood question!

another bloody blood question!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
for me, i could never follow gods rules as laid out by yourself and the little help youve had from robbie, as they are too vague. if i was attempting to become a j.w. i still would not be sure if i could join a militia to protect my people if it was the only way to avoid certain death.

to get into heaven all people need to become j.w's in your world ...[text shortened]... ng them helps an outsider understand how your faith works, whats the problem in answering them?
if you've committed to being a christian, than you would have to take everything that goes with it, including being persecuted, turning the other cheek and dying for your beliefs.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Sep 12

operation sealion suggested otherwise.
it does not such thing. operation sea lion was in response to the allies declaring war against germany and the goal of it was to force a concession.

point remains. hitler never wanted a war with england or the allies.

Moves
25 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
if you've committed to being a christian, than you would have to take everything that goes with it, including being persecuted, turning the other cheek and dying for your beliefs.
see now thats what i always thought christians were supposed to do. although ive been told by some christians on here that you dont always have to turn the cheek and violence and war is sometimes acceptable. so im pretty confused it cant be both, somebody has to be wrong.

Moves
25 Sep 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
it does not such thing. operation sea lion was in response to the allies declaring war against germany and the goal of it was to force a concession.

point remains. hitler never wanted a war with england or the allies.
fair point, ill bow to your superior knowledge (although, i like to think it was because he knew britain would kick his scrawny nazi arse!!)

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
25 Sep 12
1 edit

see now thats what i always thought christians were supposed to do. although ive been told by some christians on here that you dont always have to turn the cheek and violence and war is sometimes acceptable. so im pretty confused it cant be both, somebody has to be wrong.
You have to see what the Bible says and the examples that ones like Jesus set for us.
Yes at one time God did have his people fight but those were for specific reasons and those reasons have long been accoplished.
All the wars we see today are for man made reasons and usually very selfish ones at that.
According to the Bible a brother in the faith would never kill any human much less one that is in his same faith and belief. That would be hypocritical of God to do that to us if he were truly behind the wars of today and even back the last few thousand years.
If God truly used humans to fight, it would never be because of oil, riches or just someone trying to take over the world. Those were never the issues he did have his people fight for in the past.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Sep 12

fair point, ill bow to your superior knowledge (although, i like to think it was because he knew britain would kick his scrawny nazi arse!!)
i think he was actually afraid the united states coming to england's aid, and then his scrawny nazi arse would be kicked.

before that, he was doing all the arse kicking.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
25 Sep 12

yup. hence my claim that there are few real christians around, if any. the people making the claim that violence is acceptable behavior for christians actually belong to different religions, called by various names including catholic, protestant, orthodoz and reformist --- which further break down to a scattering of thousands of mini religions with similar origins.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by galveston75
You have to see what the Bible says and the examples that ones like Jesus set for us.
Yes at one time God did have his people fight but those were for specific reasons and those reasons have long been accoplished.
All the wars we see today are for man made reasons and usually very selfish ones at that.
According to the Bible a brother in the faith ...[text shortened]... o take over the world. Those were never the issues he did have his people fight for in the past.
God has a purpose for "wars and rumors of wars" that is beyond your comprehension.

F

Moves
26 Sep 12

All the wars we see today are for man made reasons and usually very selfish ones at that. According to the Bible a brother in the faith would never kill any human much less one that is in his same faith and belief.
Your stance seems to be entirely dependent on you second guessing God's intentions or wishes. Do you think God wanted people to resist and oppose and defeat the Nazis who slaughtered tens of millions including 6,000,000 Jews in an industrialized genocide?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
God has a purpose for "wars and rumors of wars" that is beyond your comprehension.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sI62BJ1J9uU
That scripture has absolutly nothing to do with a Christian fighting. How do you possibly think it does? And what possible imaginary vision have you come up with now to think God is involved in any wars that now happen on this planet?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
26 Sep 12

Originally posted by FMF
Your stance seems to be entirely dependent on you second guessing God's intentions or wishes. Do you think God wanted people to resist and oppose and defeat the Nazis who slaughtered tens of millions including 6,000,000 Jews in an industrialized genocide?
Why do you think he would have been involved? If he was don't you think he would have stopped it before it ever began?
These wars are mans doing and nothing has ever been said from God that he was involved in anyway.

PS. I'm not second guessing anything but entirely referring to the Bible and what is said in it.

F

Moves
26 Sep 12

I'm not second guessing anything but entirely referring to the Bible and what is said in it.
What does the Bible say about the Nazis and the genocide of the Jews?

F

Moves
26 Sep 12
1 edit

Why do you think he would have been involved? If he was don't you think he would have stopped it before it ever began?
Why didn't God stop the attack on the Kingdom Hall in Bulgaria before it ever began? Did the Bulgarian police stop it because it was God's will?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
26 Sep 12

According to the Bible a brother in the faith ...[text shortened]... o take over the world. Those were never the issues he did have his people fight for in the past.
Ok so think critically here for a minute. I've done this before but I'll try one more time. So hypothetically a new Hitler rises in Europe and well he does the very things Hitler did. Ahhh I'll invade Poland first then I'll take France because the rest of the world will stand by and do nothing. Then I'll start whacking Jews and Christians and Oh yes Jehovah's too and I'll send then to my concentration camps. The rest of the world will not do anything anyway. (War is never Good) The time comes however when people must get up and fight and defend themselves because if Good people in the world don't then yes tyranny will reign. Pacifism for the sake of pacifism is asking for a bully to take your lunch. Do you think the Israelis did the right thing in the 67 & 73 wars ? Should they just have the surrounding Arab countries invade them and drive them into the sea ? Or should the Allies in WWII just let Hitler keep on rolling? because England was next then someday the USA LOL So just think logically about this. No one says war is good or right and many wars are stupid and fought over stupid things but freedom is not cheap and can't be bought with pacifist ideas

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
Ok so think critically here for a minute. I've done this before but I'll try one more time. So hypothetically a new Hitler rises in Europe and well he does the very things Hitler did. Ahhh I'll invade Poland first then I'll take France because the rest of the world will stand by and do nothing. Then I'll start whacking Jews and Christians and Oh yes Jehovah ...[text shortened]... tupid things but freedom is not cheap and can't be bought with pacifist ideas

Manny
They will only change their beliefs, if the Watchtower tells them that they have a new revelation and things have changed. They don't change belief on logic.