another bloody blood question!

another bloody blood question!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
22 Sep 12

can and do j.w's give blood?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

Originally posted by stellspalfie
QUESTION: Are JWs allowed to give away their own blood?

ANSWER: Most Jehovah's Witnesses do not know that donating blood IS NOT a disfellowshipping offense. However, ACCEPTING a blood transfusion, and most components of blood, IS a disfellowshipping offense. So technically, yes, Jehovah's Witnesses are allowed to donate blood. In practice though, most would not do so, because they have been conditioned to "abstain from blood" as mentioned in Acts 15. The Watchtower Society has focused their interpretation of Acts 15 almost exclusively on the issue of accepting blood transfusions. But since Jehovah's Witnesses are so heavily indoctrinated on the medical procedure, they will avoid both giving and receiving. They view the rejection of blood as an ultimate test of faith and are sure the loved one who dies will be resurrected.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

They are not allowed to store even their own blood. Which goes right back to their history which is totally documented that in the 1930's they praised their fellow members for donation of blood. In 1944 for what ever reason the new leader of the JW's did a full 180° turn on blood and said it was no longer allowed. There are many discrepancies like this in the JW's history. I find it fascinating in the sense that it's all documented and written within their own literature. This fact really makes them angry when you present this to them. There history is riddled with this kind of thing. They always want to smear other sects/groups/dominations of Christianity yet they pretend as if they are a peace loving group. It's all based off passing out their little awake magazine really and this is called the work of God.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12

Here is an example of hypocrisy at it best.

There was a report that Brooklyn Bethel residency was off limits to married people -- until the day that Knorr got married. Is this true? Answer: Yes this was true until Knorr got married then the policy was relaxed.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12
1 edit

Knorr apparently did the most damage in human suffering more than the founder and Rutherford put together. Many of the currently policies of the Watchtower are a direct result of Knorr's policies. Blood transfusions and Shunning to name two policies. Apparently Franz had a big part in these policies also.

Manny

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
Blood transfusions and Shunning to name two policies.

Manny
Two of the worst. Thanks for clarifying.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Sep 12

Acts 15:20
New King James Version (NKJV)

20 but that we write to them to abstain from things polluted by idols, from sexual immorality,[a] from things strangled, and from blood.

1 Corinthians 5:11-13
New King James Version (NKJV)

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.

12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”[a]

Does your bible read differently then this? It must or else you just don't care what the bible says on these matters.
It seems you pick and choose what's easy and convienent for you from God's commands.

Moves
22 Sep 12

awww i cant believe i got a thumbs down, im starting to feel somebody out there doesnt like me 🙁

i was reading a book that was talking about the huge increase of blood donations during ww2. it got me wondering if there is a connection between the j.w's policy change in 1944 and the war.

by a series of illogical leaps and jumps to conclusions ive reached the opinion through literally seconds of deep thought that..........the j.w's of the u.s. were in fact nazi spies attempting to reduce the blood levels being supplied to troops. its obvious when you dont think about it.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Sep 12

awww i cant believe i got a thumbs down, im starting to feel somebody out there doesnt like me 🙁

i was reading a book that was talking about the huge increase of blood donations during ww2. it got me wondering if there is a connection between the j.w's policy change in 1944 and the war.

by a series of illogical leaps and jumps to conclusions i ...[text shortened]... to reduce the blood levels being supplied to troops. its obvious when you dont think about it.
Oh no..we've been caught! That's exactly the plan we had but I guess it didn't work. Just couldn't fool those dang Yankees could we? Lol

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12

by a series of illogical leaps and jumps to conclusions i ...[text shortened]... to reduce the blood levels being supplied to troops. its obvious when you dont think about it.
LOL interesting as normally they say they were the only persecuted ones at the hands of the Nazis during WWII

Manny

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by menace71
LOL interesting as normally they say they were the only persecuted ones at the hands of the Nazis during WWII

Manny
You know we have never said that Manny. You are lying here and you know that. Do I need to bring up all the articles to you about the Jews being persecuted?

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12

Originally posted by galveston75
You know we have never said that Manny. You are lying here and you know that. Do I need to bring up all the articles to you about the Jews being persecuted?
Maybe it is your cohort then LOL ok I recant that last one on grounds that I don't have a specific example. I just know Or think every so often you or RC go through this whole victim thing here in the forums. Oh look at us the persecuted ones.

Manny

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
22 Sep 12

It's kinda like I dangled "shyster post" out there like a carrot or a worm because I knew you would bite !! LOL 🙂 if you are secure in your beliefs then who cares right?

Manny

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
22 Sep 12

I believe Jesus would call them hyprocrites and a brood of vipers like he did the Pharisees.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
23 Sep 12

Originally posted by RJHinds
I believe Jesus would call them hyprocrites and a brood of vipers like he did the Pharisees.
Lol. Spoken like a pro at that I think.