abortion

abortion

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 Jan 17

Originally posted by Fetchmyjunk
I take it then you don't propose the theory of abiogenesis to explain the origin of life?
Chemical soup or abiogenesis? Make up your mind.

I have made no claim to know how life itself began. In short 'I don't know, but don't like your explanation either.' (I don't know how the tv works, but that doesn't mean i would accept your explanation that it works on fairy dust).

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

Originally posted by avalanchethecat
I fail to see the relevance of this line of enquiry. What has that to do with the death penalty? Or using a nuclear weapon on a city?

But since you ask... in my understanding, it would be acceptable for a christian to take the lives of enemy combatants during the prosecution of a just war. I do not think it would be acceptable for a christian to, ...[text shortened]... a city. You're talking about killing hundreds of thousands or even millions of innocent people.
Your understanding is incorrect. Just goes to show what you understand.

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

Please edify us, what is your interpretation of John 8:7?
When dealing with people individually, be loving and forgiving.

What I am describing is war, which does not fall under how we deal with people within our society.

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

Originally posted by Eladar
Your understanding is incorrect. Just goes to show what you understand.
Tell me, did Jesus (as God) ever tell the Israelites to wipe out every man woman and child, as well as animals when they entered Israel?

Moves
26 Jan 17

Tell me, did Jesus (as God) ever tell the Israelites to wipe out every man woman and child, as well as animals when they entered Israel?
Dude, you realise you're responding to yourself right?

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Jan 17

No, Jesus never said that. You're a bit of a nutter mate, but you're funny, I'll give you that. It's like RJH all over again.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Jan 17

When dealing with people individually, be loving and forgiving.

What I am describing is war, which does not fall under how we deal with people within our society.
Well in fact we weren't talking about war, we were talking about the death penalty and using a nuclear weapon on a civilian centre. Don't feel bad for losing the thread though, it's always interesting to see people revealing their inner crazy.

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

No, Jesus never said that. You're a bit of a nutter mate, but you're funny, I'll give you that. It's like RJH all over again.
Actually he did.

Deuteronomy 20:16-18

However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to follow all the detestable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Jan 17

Actually he did.

Deuteronomy 20:16-18

[b] However, in the cities of the nations the Lord your God is giving you as an inheritance, do not leave alive anything that breathes. 17 Completely destroy[a] them—the Hittites, Amorites, Canaanites, Perizzites, Hivites and Jebusites—as the Lord your God has commanded you. 18 Otherwise, they will teach you to foll ...[text shortened]... estable things they do in worshiping their gods, and you will sin against the Lord your God.
[/b]
Mate I dunno how to tell you this, but Jesus hadn't been born then.

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

Mate I dunno how to tell you this, but Jesus hadn't been born then.
Jesus is God, he was with God at the beginning. Nothing was made without Jesus. Jesus existed from the very beginning and there is no disagreement between God the Father and Jesus.

Just goes to show once again the limited knowledge you have when it comes to the Bible.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Jan 17

Jesus is God, he was with God at the beginning. Nothing was made without Jesus. Jesus existed from the very beginning and there is no disagreement between God the Father and Jesus.

Just goes to show once again the limited knowledge you have when it comes to the Bible.
Yeah that's not christianity mate. Do you go to church? What sort of automatic weapons do you own?

E

Moves
26 Jan 17
1 edit

Yeah that's not christianity mate. Do you go to church? What sort of automatic weapons do you own?
You might want to educate yourself concerning traditional Christian beliefs.

Here is something you might understand, it is written from your point of view
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/trinity_1.shtml

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

You might want to educated on traditional Christian beliefs.

Here is something you might understand, it is written from your point of view
http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/religions/christianity/beliefs/trinity_1.shtml
Try reading the first few verses of John 1. Jesus is the Word of God.

a
Not actually a cat

The Flat Earth

Moves
26 Jan 17

You should try reading the words of Jesus.

E

Moves
26 Jan 17

You should try reading the words of Jesus.
Says the child of Satan.