A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?
Dead to God.
Separated by sin from God.
A dead spirit cannot have a relationship with God.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":
How can one recognize one?
The one with a dead spirit says he doesn't know God exists.
He doesn't know God.
He doesn't hear God's voice.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
A "dead human spirit":

Is subscribing to one of the religions the antidote?
No.

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@sonship said
Nevertheless, your deadened human spirit renders you not fully human in all dimensions that your Creator intended.
So that's me. And what about you?

Do you declare yourself to be "fully human"?

F

Moves
19 Feb 22

@josephw said
Dead to God.
Dead to God.

He doesn't know God.

This sounds like preaching-to-the-choir messaging.

It doesn't sound like you are promoting your religion.

Moves
19 Feb 22

@josephw said
He doesn't know God.
This sounds like an SNL mockery of Christianity.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
This sounds like preaching-to-the-choir messaging.
No. It sounds like you can't respond to a reply to your OP.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@fmf said
It doesn't sound like you are promoting your religion.
That's because I'm not promoting a religion.

At least you heard that right.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
19 Feb 22

@kevin-eleven said
This sounds like an SNL mockery of Christianity.
Blurt.

Anything of substance to say?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 22
3 edits

@FMF

How many people have you coerced anyone into believing in Jesus by using threats/warnings about divine punishment?

I have devoted pages and pages and more pages over the years here in portraying the beauty and attractiveness of the Son of God. That is that He is precious just for Who He is. Yes, I have spoken to the matter of eternal judgment (one of a favorite topic of a certain poster or two).

Many threads started by me or lines of reasoning and explaining by me have been on God's eternal purpose or the sheer preciousness, attractveness, and worth of Christ.

I would consider it your caricature that coercion and threat have been my main subject here. While I don't shy away from the real presence of the factor of justification from condemnation and judgment, you know many paragraphs I wrote focusing on we should want Jesus not for what He does but for Himself. Nothing can compete with Him in preciousness. We can love Him just for Who He is.

It is your effort to counter this by insisting that all you see is a threatening monster. If you can convince yourself that there is nothing to Christ but ugliness, bullying, and coercive threatening you are justified in not wanting such a monster.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
19 Feb 22
4 edits

I asked you what is your MAIN reason for not believing in Christ.
You said it was something else.

However, I notice how often you gravitate back to the issue of God's judgment (in spite of His salvation). I can't help but getting the impression this comes up again and again because it is the biggest sticking put you have about the Bible - God is able to enforce His punishment to the uttermost.

That He went to the uttermost that we would be justified is not considered nearly as seriously that He is able to enforce judgment impossible for us to circumvent.

You gravitate back again and again to concept of the Bible mainly or solely being a threat.

I have seen people come to Christ for salvation for many reasons.
It is a caricature of evangelism to portary the only message of the Gospel is one of
coercion by threat.

Perhaps this matter is REALLY the topmost point of distaste and resentment you hold towards the Bible. You should be honest about it if I'm right. Not to me necessarily but to God. But the implausibility of the supernatural may not be your main objection.

But more like someone arguing "God, I just hate it that I would not be able to get away from your condemnation being enforced upon me."

Isn't implausibility of the supernatural kind of secondary to dislike for the thought of not being able to avoid God's enforcement of judgment upon the sinner?

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@sonship said
Many threads started by me or lines of reasoning and explaining by me have been on God's eternal purpose or the sheer preciousness, attractveness, and worth of Christ.
And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@sonship said
Isn't implausibility of the supernatural kind of secondary to dislike for the thought of not being able to avoid God's enforcement of judgment upon the sinner?
The moral incoherence of your torturer God theology is certainly an interesting point to discuss, but the primary reason I don't subscribe to your religion is that I don't find the Bible a convincing source to substantiate the claims Christians make about [1] the identity and significance of Christ, and the claims they make about [2] themselves.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
And yet the only thing you have ever referred to as the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven.
That's a lie.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
That's a lie.
“If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives its mark on their forehead or on their hand, they, too, will drink the wine of God’s fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. They will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb.”
Rev 14:9-10

This is a lie is it?