A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Says what it means and means what it says.
Furtive, nice!

And what does it mean?

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Look who's talking.
I don't aim flippant, vacuous, sneering remarks at people, josephw. However, you do. That reality was the basis of my humorous remark.

"Look who's talking", on the other hand, lacks humour or insight, because it's based on a mischaracterization of its target.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@divegeester said
Furtive, nice!

And what does it mean?
What does it say?

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

Epic discursive cowardice.

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
I don't aim flippant, vacuous, sneering remarks at people, josephw. However, you do. That reality was the basis of my humorous remark.

"Look who's talking", on the other hand, lacks humour or insight, because it's based on a mischaracterization of its target.
You're not being humorous. You're deflecting away from proving your assertion that sonship said or inferred that "the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
Epic discursive cowardice.
Look who's talking.

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
What does it say?
I’ve already told you and you think it’s lies.
So why don’t you pluck up the courage and explain it?

Moves
20 Feb 22

I think I’ll just repost this …

My hypothesis here is that he [josephw] is caught in the dilemma of wanting to assert that Revelation 14:10 is literal, but simultaneously wanting to refute that vast quantities of non Christians will be burnt alive in the lake of fire by the Lamb (Jesus).

He therefore needs to come up with an alternative interpretation, and in doing so Josephw will inadvertently prove that the Bible is open to interpretation.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22
1 edit

@josephw said
Look who's talking.
Every time you are asked about Revelation 14:10 you exhibit no courage at all. You dance around. You start with the irrelevant personal remarks. To point this out is not in any way comparable to you calling people "morons", and other insults, as you so often do.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Look who's talking.
In what way do I exhibit "discursive cowardice"?

A fun title

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
20 Feb 22

@fmf said
Every time you are asked about Revelation 14:10 you exhibit no courage at all. You dance around. You start with the irrelevant personal remarks. To point this out is not in any way comparable to you calling people "morons", and other insults, as you so often do.
You and divegeester make a mockery of rational discourse.

Revelation 14:10,11
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name.

Can't you read? Or are you two just so cowardly that you can't accept the truth?

Must be the latter.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
You're deflecting away from proving your assertion that sonship said or inferred that "the "perfect" morality has been the torture in burning flames for eternity of non-believers/unforgiven."
I have made the assertion and I am not deflecting away from it. I have no reason to seek to "prove" it to you. If you think I am lying about sonship, I don't care. I have no reason to deflect.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
You and divegeester make a mockery of rational discourse.
You are mistaken.

F

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said
Revelation 14:10,11
The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb:
And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship th ...[text shortened]... ark of his name.

Can't you read? Or are you two just so cowardly that you can't accept the truth?
What does

[1] "tormented with fire and brimstone" mean?

[2] "in the presence of the Lamb" mean?

[3] "forever and ever" mean?

Moves
20 Feb 22

@josephw said

What “truth”?

All you’ve done is repeat the verse, and accompany it with some angry bluster.