A dead human spirit

A dead human spirit

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
If you cut a branch off of a tree, there is life in the branch at first, but its death is sure. We apart of God are cut off the branch of life which is God our death is sure. Jesus Christ grafted us back into God by the grace of God through faith.
So, you believe a person's "human spirit" is alive only if that person is a member of your religion and shares the same beliefs as you about Jesus Christ? Is that right? Without those specific beliefs, you see that person as having a "dead human spirit"?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
16 Feb 22

@fmf said
So, you believe a person's "human spirit" is alive only if that person is a member of your religion and shares the same beliefs as you about Jesus Christ? Is that right? Without those specific beliefs, you see that person as having a "dead human spirit"?
You did read what I wrote, right? We were meant to have God with us; it isn't me that has anything to do with that its being with God, my 'beliefs' can be accepted, but if they don't have God, it doesn't matter. We have life in us, but every branch will die like a branch cut off from the tree; eternal life is in God alone.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
You did read what I wrote, right?
I did read it, yes, but I found it to be a bit waffling and generic. A plain yes or no at the start or at the end would have made what you wrote more incisive.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@kellyjay said
We have life in us, but every branch will die like a branch cut off from the tree; eternal life is in God alone.
So, if they don't share the specific beliefs that you espouse, you see people as having a "human spirit" that is "dead", yes or no?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

@FMF

A "dead human spirit":

What is it exactly?

An unregenerated innermost spiritual capacity that everyone born in this
world has a baggsage we bring from Adam.

And it is not cured by crafting questions.

How can one recognize one?

When God is not real to you, you know something is missing.

And it is not cured by formulating good debate questions.
"Do not marvel that I said to you, You must be born again."

Don't be shocked that Jesus tells us that we must be born again.
incidently, the person that he told this to was a highly respected and educated man. His very name means "victor of the peaple" - Nicodemus".

He came to Jesus by night, probably trying to avoid colleagues.
He came as an outstanding member of his community to ask Jesus quetions.
They were good quextions.

But Jesus told him tright away that he needed something more than good teachings. He needed to be reborn. He needed another life to be born in him.
He needed to have his innermost spiritual organ made alive because it was in a deadened state.

Unless he received this new birth he could not perceive what was the kingdom of God.

"Jesus answered and said to him, Truly, truly, I say to you. UNless one is born anew, he cannot see the kingdom of God."

Is subscribing to one of the religions the antidote?

There is no antidote to being in need of regeneration except to receive Christ and be born again - the human spirit made alive by means of the Holy Spirit.

"That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."

The first S is God the Holy Spirit.
The second small letter s is the human spirit which is deadened and needs to be made alive.

"That which is born of the [God's] Spirit is [the human] spirit."

These verses were best explained by people who had the experience of regeneration. There are things which people with experience can help others not experienced to understand.

Anyway, no amount of crafting pointed debate questions can solve the problem of a deadened human spirit.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
16 Feb 22
1 edit

@sonship said
An unregenerated innermost spiritual capacity that everyone born in this
world has a baggsage we bring from Adam.
EVERYONE who does righteousness is born of God.... Everyone.
Not talkers
Not hearers
Not boasters
Not those who profess to have the Holy Spirit
Not those professing to have a personal relationship with Christ
Not the ones calling Lord Lord
Not the ones saying 'O Lord' 3 times
Not the ones saying they love Jesus

The DOERS of RIGHTEOUSNESS are born of God

Lt me know if you need to see the references AGAIN.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
3 edits

@FMF

Do you not understand what the OP means?

The OP probably means that you want to scrutinize the insinuation that someone would say your spirit is dead.

It probably means you wish to formulate questions to look for inconsistancy, logical flaw, rationale weakness.

Okay, I was the one who said you had a deadened spirit.
Strictly speaking . . . VERY strickley speaking I do not KNOW that for sure.

A backslidden believe who was once born again can sometimes lose track of their human sopirit's fucntion to touch God. And I do not STRICTLY speaking that that could not be someone's case.

I was like that for a few years. Almost complete amnesia that Jesus was Lord and God was the living God.

You probably see your job now in your OP is to see if you can detect some insonsistancy of ratonale in speaking of a dead human spirit. Sometimes a person has to be told by another that there is a problem. Most of us to not like being told by another that we have a problem. And no one can say they are so without problems that they have the right to inform another.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
4 edits

Jesus Christ would be an exception. He had not human problems such as to disqualify Him to tell us about ours. And He said we MUST be born again to perceive what the nature of the kingdom of God is.

When a man has all kinds of problems in his mind about the kingdom of God one place to look is the condition of his spirit. Perhaps he has never been born again.

The same is true of one who claims he has no need or interest whatsoever in any "kingdom of God". That disinterested person also needs to be born again.
Otherwise his deadened state will go unaddessed into eternity. That is an incompleted human existence.

The kingdom of God is for COMPLETED human beings - body, soul and spirit.
Or "spirit and soul and body" meaning one's complete humanity.

"And now the God of peace Himself sanctify you wholly, and may your spirit and soul and body be preserved complete, without blame, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ." ( 1 Thess. 5:23)

To be COMPLETED then is to have in addition to your soul and body preserved without blame, but your human spirit to be preserved without blame as well.

A deadened spirit is deadened bcause of sin.
So part of being sanctified (made holy) and "blameless" to be in the kingdom of the holy God - is to have the human spirit brought out of its comatose and dead state by being "born again" through Jesus Christ.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
A backslidden believe who was once born again can sometimes lose track of their human sopirit's fucntion to touch God.
Judging by your typing, you are either fumbling with rage or you're drunk.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
You probably see your job now in your OP is to see if you can detect some insonsistancy of ratonale in speaking of a dead human spirit.
Not really, no, sonship. Just curious as to what others here think of the notion of a "dead human spirit".

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said

When God is not real to you, you know something is missing.
How can anyone here - based on your posting - recognize whether or not you have a "dead human spirit"?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22
5 edits

@FMF

No I am not fumbling in any rage.
Why flatter yourself so?

Now, you can look to art, liturature, music, and many other areas to see what people have said about life. In this way you MIGHT be able to notice that many unreligious people detected that there was something MISSING about thier lives.

Let's take for example Jimi Hendrix. A great electic guitar player which I know you may admire.

Jimi Hendrix wrote a song called "I Don't Live Today" . Paraphrasing it, the lyrics said this in essence. And this is not verbatim but general recollection.

"Will I live tomorrow. I just don't know. All I know is that I don;t live today. I feel like I'm living at the bottom of a grave."

Jimi Hendrix in this moment of honesty recognized that though he was on top of the entertainment world out doing thousands of other musicians, HE DIDN'T REALLY LIVE TODAY.

He said he felt like he was living in the bottom of a grave.

Hendrix needed to have his human spirit regenerated probably.
He probably needed Jesus Christ to cause him to be BORN spiritually.
Then he would have the inner sense that he was really completely ALIVE.

There are many the other examples. And Jesus told the truth to all generations "Marvel not that I said to you . . . YOU must be born again."

JImi Hendrix sensed that he was lacking life. One needs to be able to touch and fellowship with God in order to really feel alive today.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
No I am not fumbling in any rage.
You often do. You have admitted to it in the past. And you have even apologized for it, albeit insincerely, obviously so. Indeed, you seem to have been lashing out quite a lot so far in 2022.

F

Moves
16 Feb 22

@sonship said
JImi Hendrix sensed that he was lacking life. One needs to be able to touch and fellowship with God in order to really feel alive today.
I am not "lacking life" and I "feel alive today".

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
16 Feb 22

@FMF

What do you think about Hendrix saying "I DON'T LIVE TODAY?"