@sonship : on chains and other worlds

@sonship : on chains and other worlds

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
30 Oct 14

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Isn't forever dead punishment enough?

It has never been for me to determine.
If God had come to me and asked for advice, perhaps I would have said perhaps non-existence was all the punishment God should enact.

But He neither asked me nor you.

When James and John, the "sons of thunder" wanted to call fire down from heaven and burn up a city that rejected Jesus, He rebuked them.

Luke 9:53-56 -

And they did not receive Him, ... And seeing this, the disciples James and John said, Lord, do You want us to command fire to come down from heaven and consume them?

But turning, He rebuked them and said, You do not know of what kind of spirit you are. The Son of Man has not come to destroy men's lives but to save them. And they went to another village.

I know what Righteousness and Justice looks like. It looks like the man Jesus Christ. And it is from His mouth the right words for the right situation came.

Had the writer Luke been biased to present only a torturer in Jesus, he would have concealed these words. They show Him NOT coming to destroy men's lives. The fact that He recorded for the world these words AS WELL as the Lord's teaching in Luke 16 about Lazarus and the rich man, suggests that like all the evangelists Luke faith unbiased and faithful to tell is what Jesus SAID. And that whether he liked it or not.

Since this Son of Man spoke that He came not to destroy men's lives with heavenly fire, but to save them, AND He also spoke elsewhere that God can punish in a way far beyond what humans can do, He must be a God who does the appropriate right thing and the appropriate and right time.

At this time THIS is called for by God.
At another time THAT other is called for by God.
He is God.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 Oct 14

Originally posted by sonship

It has never been for me to determine.
If God had come to me and asked for advice, perhaps I would have said perhaps non-existence was all the punishment God should enact.

But He neither asked me nor you.

When James and John, the "sons of thunder" wanted to call fire down from heaven ...[text shortened]... me THIS is called for by God.
At another time THAT other is called for by God.
He is God.
Let me repeat myself, I agree that God makes the rules, I just disagree with your interpretation of the scriptures.
You overlook many of the scriptures that say otherwise.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
10 Nov 14
1 edit

Originally posted by checkbaiter
Let me repeat myself, I agree that God makes the rules, I just disagree with your interpretation of the scriptures.
You overlook many of the scriptures that say otherwise.
Could you be underestimating my familiarity with the reasonings of Universalism and Annhilationism?

I have exchanged some discussion with "tentmaker" G. Amirault in the past.