4000+ religions, why is Christianity THE one true one?

4000+ religions, why is Christianity THE one true one?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 14
2 edits

If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on individual ants, just enough to cause misery but not enough to kill, but over and over and over again. That is exactly what christian theists think your god will do to unbelievers. Just what would that gain a god in the first place? It gets its jollys off listening to the screams?

Doesn't that seem a bit preposterous?

It is such an arrogant stance that we would mean so much to a god as to require some of us to live in agony till the end of time. Just another stupid tale from the Abrahamic religions.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Jul 14

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
09 Jul 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on individual ants, just enough to cause misery but not enough to kill, but over and over and over again. T ...[text shortened]... us to live in agony till the end of time. Just another stupid tale from the Abrahamic religions.
As per theism 101 simply

1) Define "God" to be perfectly holy (whatever the f!#% that means!)
2) Define "God"'s actions to be perfectly moral and just (don't worry about cheapening the notions of morality and justice)
3) Define "God" to be loving (and re-state this definition upon any reminder that "He" has a penchant for slaughter and torture)

and all is resolved 😞

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
09 Jul 14

If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on individual ants, just enough to cause misery but not enough to kill, but over and over and over again. T ...[text shortened]... us to live in agony till the end of time. Just another stupid tale from the Abrahamic religions.
I will answer you questions. But first ... a musical interlude just for you sonhouse.

The Comforter Has Come.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
09 Jul 14

What gargantuan ignorance and incorrect assumption.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by sonship
I will answer you questions. But first ... a musical interlude just for you sonhouse.

[b] The Comforter Has Come.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU98khZAz2g[/b]
Nice music, even if it is about mattresses🙂

It reminds me of my friend Allen who sang like that, RIP. He accidentally threw his own mom down a flight of stairs and she died and he felt so bad he blew his head off with a shotgun. He was a great singer and an encyclopedia of folk music.

They seem so be having a good time. I thought it was shape note singing at first but they are just having a good time.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

It reminds me of my friend Allen who sang like that, RIP. He accidentally threw his own mom down a flight of stairs and she died and he felt so bad he blew his head off with a shotgun. He was a great singer and an encyclopedia of folk music.

They seem so be having a good time. I thought it was shape note singing at first but they are just having a good time.
I didn't really care for it.

I like this one better:

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
10 Jul 14

Sonhouse, that has to be one of the more tragic things I've ever heard.

I will pray for your friend Allen, if you don't mind. (Yes, I'm asking permission.)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by Suzianne
Sonhouse, that has to be one of the more tragic things I've ever heard.

I will pray for your friend Allen, if you don't mind. (Yes, I'm asking permission.)
Sure, any time. A bit late though. He was a good friend. His wife had a great voice also. He had an incredible vinyl collection, literally thousands. I have 2000 of my own but his was ten times that, all folk music from the 50's to the 80's from around the world. Irish, Madagascar, Egypt, you name it, he had it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I didn't really care for it.

I like this one better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=414dGGTedpM
I would MUCH rather listen to the comfort singers anytime. They are actually having a good time. Your singers are on valium.

One thing I would like to hear, the giant Islam book of hymnals.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14

I would MUCH rather listen to the comfort singers anytime. They are actually having a good time. Your singers are on valium.

One thing I would like to hear, the giant Islam book of hymnals.
How do you know they are not faking it?

P

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

You already know where i stand on this.

It is compassion, charity of heart, and love that the whole of God is. Anyone practicing the same should have no fear.

Those who seek only for themselves - greed, primarily, are in trouble.

Hell, you don't understand it. We send ourselves there - free will.

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
10 Jul 14

Hi sonhouse,

Five questions in yr OP? Isn't that a bit excessive? Why not pick one and let's run with it?

Do you know that atheism is just another one of the 4000+ Religions? And why do you think that yours is any better than RJH's?

Enough questions for you?

😀

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
10 Jul 14
1 edit

Originally posted by CalJust
Hi sonhouse,

Five questions in yr OP? Isn't that a bit excessive? Why not pick one and let's run with it?

Do you know that atheism is just another one of the 4000+ Religions? And why do you think that yours is any better than RJH's?

Enough questions for you?

😀
I bet I know his answer to that last one.

He believes his religion allows him to think for himself and do what he thinks is right or wrong in his own mind and he is not threatened with the lake of fire or any other punishment after death..

C
It is what it is

Pretoria

Moves
10 Jul 14
3 edits

Originally posted by RJHinds
.... he is not threatened with the lake of fire or any other punishment after death..
Neither am I

As I told you before, that is a despicable, revolting and unbiblical doctrine that insults God.

But we've been through all that several times. You are welcome to your paranoia and threats to the unwary.