1. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 10:26
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Neither am I

As I told you before, that is a despicable, revolting and unbiblical doctrine that insults God.

But we've been through all that several times. You are welcome to your paranoia and threats to the unwary.
    "...a despicable, revolting and unbiblical doctrine that insults God."

How do you figure? It seems to me that it is YOUR doctrine that is despicable and revolting and insults God since it clearly contradicts what is said in the Word of God.

Revelation 19:20
    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

Rev.20:10
    And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet [are], and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev. 20:12-15
    And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is [the book] of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.
    And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.
    And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 11:412 edits
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"...a despicable, revolting and unbiblical doctrine that insults God."

How do you figure? It seems to me that it is YOUR doctrine that is despicable and revolting and insults God since it clearly contradicts what is said in the Word of God.

Revelation 19:20
    And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before h ...[text shortened]... death.
    And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.[/b]
    You keep sticking with the religious aspect of Revelations when in fact it was just an anti Roman tract.

And you keep putting me in the Atheist category, which I am not. I am however, definitely in the category of not believing in your bible god.

I can't say for certain there are no gods or is no god. I can say for my own certainty, all your bible god BS is 100% man made, no god needed, and humans attributing human traits to such a god is just further proof to me of the man made nature of all the Abrahamic religions.

That and truly abhorrent concepts as 'original sin', 'hell', 'women as second class, the Ark BS tale, where a god who supposedly created everything including all the land animals would kill all of them to get at some bad humans is patently insane, especially the part where the survivors now have a greatly reduced genetic diversity which would stay with ALL the survivors.

And the Garden of eden tale, where a god who is omniscient sets up a trap for humans who, unsurprisingly, fall for it. But this god would have known billions of years in advance such a trap would catch those humans so it wasn't needed in the first place.

These are big deals indeed when it comes to ascribing such events to a real god.

Yessir, GREAT god you have there. NOT.
  3. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 12:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    How do you figure? It seems to me that it is YOUR doctrine that is despicable and revolting and insults God since it clearly contradicts what is said in the bible
    I dealt with this at length in my thread : "Is God more cruel than the worst sadist you know?"

No point in repeating it all again...
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 13:431 edit
    Originally posted by CalJust
    I dealt with this at length in my thread : "Is God more cruel than the worst sadist you know?"

No point in repeating it all again...
    Well consider the abhorrent story of Noah and the Ark. I would put it in the more cruel than the worse sadist category if a god did what was supposed to have happened in that sick tale.

Think about it. I mean REALLY think about it. So this god, deciding a few thousand humans REALLY ticked it off, decides to kill EVERY land animal and cause a world wide flood just to off a few thousand humans. Then in its extreme generosity, tells Noah, How long can you tread water (Bill Cosby), and so the Ark is built. So the net result is ALL the land animals are gone, but for the 'lucky' pairs allowed on the Ark. And what, 8 humans? So we are left with a crippled gene pool and even worse for the animals, all the millions of years of genetic diversity gone in one fell swoop.

Exactly why would that not qualify for your god being by far more sadistic than the most sadistic human on Earth. I mean, it makes Idi Amin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, and the rest look like PTA presidents.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 13:49
    In response to the original Op, Christianity is the only religion that does not require me to do anything to please God but believe.

In an imaginary scenario, it would be explained like this:

A Muslim, a Hindu and a Christian all died and were before the Pearly Gates.

The gate keeper asked the Muslim, "What makes you worthy and why should I let you in?"

The Muslim responding by claiming he prayed 3 times a day, made Jihad against the infidel, blew myself up killing the unbeliever, etc.

The Hindu was asked the same question and responded by his fasting, following rigid rituals, etc.

Finally the Christian responded, "Nothing, I am not worthy to enter in, but I have a Savior who is worthy and I have pledged my loyalty to him. He is my payment, and has met all the requirements for me.
  6. Standard memberCalJust
    It is what it is
    Pretoria
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 14:07
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Exactly why would that not qualify for your god being by far more sadistic than the most sadistic human on Earth. I mean, it makes Idi Amin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin, and the rest look like PTA presidents.
    Well, yes, exactly.

If you want to argue with somebody about the flood, you will have to pick somebody else, because I also believe that this story is allegorical at best and not a literal historic occurence.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 14:542 edits
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    In response to the original Op, Christianity is the only religion that does not require me to do anything to please God but believe.

In an imaginary scenario, it would be explained like this:

A Muslim, a Hindu and a Christian all died and were before the Pearly Gates.

The gate keeper asked the Muslim, "What makes you worthy and why should I let ...[text shortened]... and I have pledged my loyalty to him. He is my payment, and has met all the requirements for me.
    Continuing the story. Peter [if he is the Pearly Gates Keeper] calls out to your saviour and says

"Hey JC, you know this guy?

Jesus Christ says, and I quote :

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matt 7:21

You get that? Only those who DO the will of God will get into Gods Kingdom. So the Muslim, Hindu and the Christian are all judged by the same criteria. Who does the will of God. Christ further expands :

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
    (Matthew 7:24 KJV)

Its the same story all over the teachings of Christ and the Apostles. Did you follow the commandments of Christ. That is the key to your eternal life. If you did not then you will hear Christ say :

... I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:23 KJV)
  8. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 20:07
    If those people in those other 3999 religions are destined to go to hell for never hearing about JC and the boys, why would a god do that? Why would it set up a hell in the first place? Like humans setting up a magnifying glass focusing the sun's rays on individual ants, just enough to cause misery but not enough to kill, but over and over and over again. T ...[text shortened]... us to live in agony till the end of time. Just another stupid tale from the Abrahamic religions.
    Read "Why only one way?" by John MacArthur. You can get it mailed to you for free from his web-site!
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 21:091 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Continuing the story. Peter [if he is the Pearly Gates Keeper] calls out to your saviour and says

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Matt 7:21

You get that? O ...[text shortened]... ay :

You get that? Only those who DO the will of God will get into Gods Kingdom. So the Muslim, Hindu and the Christian are all judged by the same criteria. Who does the will of God. Christ further expands :

And what is doing the will of the Father?

John 6:29

29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He sent."
    NKJV

John 6:35-38
    , "I am the bread of life. He who comes to Me shall never hunger, and he who believes in Me shall never thirst. 36 But I said to you that you have seen Me and yet do not believe. 37 All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
    NKJV
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 21:59
    [quote]Jesus Christ says, and I quote :

You get that? Only those who DO the will of God will get into Gods Kingdom. So the Muslim, Hindu and the Christian are all judged by the same criteria. ...[text shortened]... Father gives Me will come to Me, and the one who comes to Me I will by no means cast out.
    NKJV
    How can someone claim to 'believe' except they do as Christ commanded?

This is the question Christ is answering becuase the disciples did not understand as well. In the very same chapter of John 6, Jesus answers the question :

John 6:63 .. the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words of Jesus Christ is what gives life.
    His words are his teachings and his commandments.

John explains it in detail just as Christ did. To believe is to follow. Belief and faith cannot be just talk and mouthing the words 'I believe'. It must come with a change or heart and action :

And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 00:11
    How can someone claim to 'believe' except they do as Christ commanded?

This is the question Christ is answering becuase the disciples did not understand as well. In the very same chapter of John 6, Jesus answers the question :

John 6:63 .. the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

The words of Jesus Christ is wh ...[text shortened]... verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:3-5 KJV)
    [/i]
    I understand perfectly what you are saying, and I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
    Believing and making Jesus Lord, IS submitting to him. We are not to do what we want, but to "walk by the spirit". None of us can do that perfectly. We try, and fall, then we get up and ask for wisdom to do what he wants.

But this has nothing to do with this OP. Has he paid for your sins or not?
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 01:181 edit

You get that? O ...[text shortened]... ay :

Continuing YOUR "story":

Jesus: "Oh, wait, was that Checkbaiter? Sorry, I thought you said Rajk999."
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 01:26
    Sure, any time. A bit late though. He was a good friend. His wife had a great voice also. He had an incredible vinyl collection, literally thousands. I have 2000 of my own but his was ten times that, all folk music from the 50's to the 80's from around the world. Irish, Madagascar, Egypt, you name it, he had it.
    It's never too late. Judgement is not here yet. Well, THEN it might be too late, but not yet.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 01:52
    I understand perfectly what you are saying, and I would agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.
    Believing and making Jesus Lord, IS submitting to him. We are not to do what we want, but to "walk by the spirit". None of us can do that perfectly. We try, and fall, then we get up and ask for wisdom to do what he wants.

But this has nothing to do with this OP. Has he paid for your sins or not?
    You are a lost soul. I hope you find your way.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Jul '14 10:44
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Read "Why only one way?" by John MacArthur. You can get it mailed to you for free from his web-site!
    I have said I have a problem with humans trying to tell me about a god or gods or God. If god or God wants to tell me itself, so be it. Till then, I'll make my own decisions on theistic ideas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree