The beta board code is complete!

The beta board code is complete!

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
25 Jan 06
1 edit

I was looking at a game,
gameid=1406375, and I was just about to post that the screen didn't state who won the game.

This is an important piece of info and should be more prominent, IMO.

Also, you know the way the timeout/timebank info can be a bit screwy in a finished game? Doesn't it make sense to remove the time controls box in the game history page? I don't see of what value it can be in a dead game.

Mad props for default unticking the "view mini-board" checkbox in the public games search screen. That was a real nuisance.

Why is the game history navigator way over right, especially in the Game History page, but also in the analyse board page?

D

m
Moo

UK

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by Ragnorak
This is an important piece of info and should be more prominent, IMO.
i agree. It would be nice if the text "This game has finished. xxxxxx wins" was bold.

N

The sky

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by Russ
As stocken says, do try just minimising/expanding and resizing your window. I would be very interested if forcing the browser to repaint fixes the problem.
Yes, that seems to work.

Nearing 250000...!

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by mrmist
i agree. It would be nice if the text "This game has finished. xxxxxx wins" was bold.
And it would say something like "This game has finished. white (NameOfThePersonPlayingWhite) wins" or something like that.

One bug I have found was that the captured pieces would not fit the box under the board. The width was fine, but the pieces that could not fit in the width of the box anymore where (as it should) placed in the next line. But the pixel lined box around these pieces wasn't sized accordingly. It was set to only two lines of pieces instead of three as it was then. (I bet a picture is more descriptive than this. If I see this somewhere again, I'll make a screenshot of it)

N

The sky

Moves
25 Jan 06
1 edit

I feel rather stupid, but... yesterday I found out that it was possible to transform a piece into any other piece, or to change its colour. Now I can't get it to work anymore. 😳 I see three possibilities why this might be happening:
1. Pure stupidity / blindness for my part. I don't remember exactly how I did it the first time. I thought it was by right-clicking, but that doesn't work. Maybe it was something different which I can neither remember nor figure out at the moment?
2. I am not sure where I tried it before, it may have been at work, where I use IE. Maybe it doesn't work in Opera?
3. Something has been changed.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
I feel rather stupid, but... yesterday I found out that it was possible to transform a piece into any other piece, or to change its colour. Now I can't get it to work anymore. .
It's available through a right-click menu in the "analyze board" screen.

Whilst experimenting with it (and trying to break it and the "pieces taken" bit) I discovered that -

The code works fairly well
The captured pieces box did scale properly back and forth

But, for some reason, when I got to this position, I was unable to toggle the colour of the encircled pawn (in the screenshot). It was happy to change the colour of other pawns, just not that one. Odd bug that may be very unlikely to occur.

http://www.misthaven.org.uk/blog/pics/toggle.jpg

N

The sky

Moves
25 Jan 06

It's available through a right-click menu in the "analyze board" screen.
Hm, then I guess possibility 2 is the correct one. It doesn't work here (Opera 8.5).

s

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by Russ
On the new interface, were you resigning on your move, or your opponents? What browser/version? Thanks.

-Russ
I resigned on my move. I believe I was using Firefox 1.5 at the time. I tend to switch browser alot due to my work though. But I'm pretty sure it was ff 1.5.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
25 Jan 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Hm, then I guess possibility 2 is the correct one. It doesn't work here (Opera 8.5).
It works for me in IE. Opera just shows its normal right-click menu.

N

The sky

Moves
25 Jan 06

Yes, exactly.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Jan 06

Strange this, because I changed from an alternative way of popping up that menu when it didn't work well in Opera.

And now I can see myself that right clicking in Opera doesn't work.

Grrrr.

-Russ

m
Moo

UK

Moves
25 Jan 06

Interestingly, the analyze board captured pieces seems to extend to the right in Opera, rather than downwards as it does in IE.

m
Moo

UK

Moves
25 Jan 06

Something else.. Happens in live too, but when an apostrophe is included in a message it gets shown as an escaped apostrophe, with the slash sign. Like He\'s

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Jan 06

Something else.. Happens in live too, but when an apostrophe is included in a message it gets shown as an escaped apostrophe, with the slash sign. Like He\'s
Yeah, school boy error on my behalf. I'll get that fixed.

-Russ

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
25 Jan 06

Interestingly, the analyze board captured pieces seems to extend to the right in Opera, rather than downwards as it does in IE.
Annoying this one. I don't see it as a serious issue, but I will try to fix.

-Russ