Rec count

Rec count

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DS

Moves
30 Jul 08

You're wrong IMO. There was a very noticeable time when the forums started to deteriorate.
It certainly wasn't just a coincidence that it was at the same time.

Anyway, I'm personally past caring. I think these forums are probably a lost cause.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
Nothing could be more far from the truth. I guess, as they say, that the fact is really the fact plus its interpretation. 😛

At the time the system was on, the forum was much worse than it's today. Nowhere else could one notice that better than in the Help Forum. There, a bunch of hyenas waited till some novice on the site would make a question ...[text shortened]... othing has changed, and the same things that were posted back then continue to be post today.
What a load of crap

F

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
What a load of crap
No, Tatarana Crocodilo is right.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas
No, Tatarana Crocodilo is right.
Thats another load of crap.

You have your wrong opinion, which you're entitled to.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by Tatarana Crocodilo
Nothing could be more far from the truth. I guess, as they say, that the fact is really the fact plus its interpretation. 😛

At the time the system was on, the forum was much worse than it's today. Nowhere else could one notice that better than in the Help Forum. There, a bunch of hyenas waited till some novice on the site would make a question ...[text shortened]... othing has changed, and the same things that were posted back then continue to be post today.
That's not how I read the arguments for the old system.

Point 2) is not that nothing has changed. It's that abolishing the rec count has not made the site any more civil. Slick put-downs still appear frequently on the 'most recommended' page. Arrogant newcomers are still jeered in the 'help' forum.

Point 1) is more that a wider variety of stuff was able to get recs back when there was no rec limit. Some people were motivated to put more effort into their writing to get recs. Killing off the rec-count and limiting the number of recs took a lot of creative, good writing out of the spotlight, along with some of the insults.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
30 Jul 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit
That's not how I read the arguments for the old system.

Point 2) is not that nothing has changed. It's that abolishing the rec count has not made the site any more civil. Slick put-downs still appear frequently on the 'most recommended' page. Arrogant newcomers are still jeered in the 'help' forum.

Point 1) is more that a wider variety of stuff was ...[text shortened]... took a lot of creative, good writing out of the spotlight, along with some of the insults.
Bravo! I want an encore.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
31 Jul 08

Originally posted by SwissGambit

Point 1) is more that a wider variety of stuff was able to get recs back when there was no rec limit. Some people were motivated to put more effort into their writing to get recs. Killing off the rec-count and limiting the number of recs took a lot of creative, good writing out of the spotlight, along with some of the insults.
Now THAT is a load of crap.... Users can still try even harder to get the few coveted recs that we have now.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
31 Jul 08

With lines so clearly drawn in the sand...it is impossible for the rec system to ever go back to the way it was.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
31 Jul 08

Originally posted by epic0002
Now THAT is a load of crap.... Users can still try even harder to get the few coveted recs that we have now.
If you do, I'm happy for you. But you in a very small minority compared to how almost EVERYONE did before.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
31 Jul 08

I hope you guys realize that recs are only as good as the user. You complain about all that is recommended are insults...and you want more?! You guys are a bunch of mormons.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
31 Jul 08

With lines so clearly drawn in the sand...it is impossible for the rec system to ever go back to the way it was.
Ye of little faith, how is life on the dark side?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
31 Jul 08

I hope you guys realize that recs are only as good as the user. You complain about all that is recommended are insults...and you want more?! You guys are a bunch of mormons.
You have missed everything, that complaint has not been used. The points have gone well over your head.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
31 Jul 08
1 edit

I hope you guys also realize that if we had unlimited recs...that people like No1, Phlab , Darv... etc... would spend hours and hours going back and recommending every insult that anybody has ever written about users that are not it their little girls club.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
31 Jul 08

I hope you guys also realize that if we had unlimited recs...that people like No1, Phlab , Darv... etc... would spend hours and hours going back and recommending every insult that anybody has ever written about users that are not it their little girls club.
Aww, are you feeling left out. All 3 of them have much better ways to spend their time then what your dreaming up. As much as it pains me to defend No1, your really reaching.

e
Black Mark

walking to and fro

Moves
31 Jul 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Aww, are you feeling left out. All 3 of them have much better ways to spend their time then what your dreaming up. As much as it pains me to defend No1, your really reaching.
Ahh yes, your ignorance is bliss...but luckily not too infectious ... I have already wasted too much time on this pipe dream of yours.