Rec count

Rec count

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by Raven69
I talk like that sometimes. 😕
And thanks for the support, welcome aboard!

New rec count: 9

R
Different

Moves
15 Jul 08

🙂

Count is now up to 11.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by Raven69
🙂

Count is now up to 11.
Bump!

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
15 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Bump!
Awesome job!

New rec count: 12

Still no word from the bosses on a possible vote. Hopefully the support of this will be noticed soon.

F

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Now that the forum tyrant has departed, it time to take them back.

The rec count must return, and the forums will live again!

FREEDOM!
I like it the way it is. I don't need no change.

The old tyrant may be gone, but new ones are standing in line.

k

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by FabianFnas

What is a tyrant?

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by kenan
What is a tyrant?
10 a penny 😛

F

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by kenan
What is a tyrant?
I just quoted the first posting of this thread.
I think it is one that is tyranting others...?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
16 Jul 08

Can you honestly say that when you read RHP you only see 10 posts in 30 days that may deserve a rec?

Also, wouldn't you like to accumulate some recs for the wonderful posts you provide in Help and Site Ideas and any given forum?

The reason it was taken down was that some user was unable to get a rec for anything, and was jealous and Russ was just dumb enough to think they weren't a whining crying weak spirited user with fragile sensibilities hiding behind 'good intentions'.

P-

F

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Can you honestly say that when you read RHP you only see 10 posts in 30 days that may deserve a rec?

Also, wouldn't you like to accumulate some recs for the wonderful posts you provide in Help and Site Ideas and any given forum?

The reason it was taken down was that some user was unable to get a rec for anything, and was jealous and Russ was just dum ...[text shortened]... crying weak spirited user with fragile sensibilities hiding behind 'good intentions'.

P-
Russ - dumb enough...? Please...
Russ is God at this site. Everything Russ does is right, until he change his mind, then the new thing is right. I am here of this belief!

I use my 10 rec with caution. We are thousands of members here at this site. A posting good enough can get 10s of thousands of recommendations!

DS

Moves
16 Jul 08

We are thousands of members here at this site. A posting good enough can get 10s of thousands of recommendations!
There's not that many forum users.

F

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
There's not that many forum users.
But I'm sure you can do the maths by yourself.

DS

Moves
16 Jul 08
1 edit

But I'm sure you can do the maths by yourself.
Well, if there are 200 forum users who subscribe, that would make the max recs for a post 200. Not all that many posts got over 20 recs in the old system IIRC.
Whatever the reasoning, the forums were without doubt more entertaining then. Regardless of who and why they were being rec'd.

F

Moves
16 Jul 08

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
Well, if there are 200 forum users who subscribe, that would make the max recs for a post 200. Not all that many posts got over 20 recs in the old system IIRC.
Whatever the reasoning, the forums were without doubt more entertaining then. Regardless of who and why they were being rec'd.
My opinion is that without restrictions there can be a sudden inflation of recommendations, one new tyrant, and da-da. With restrictions, the recs are expencive to throw away just for fun.

But this is not a big issue for me. I just state my opinion. I don't want to fight for it. I have mine, you have yours.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
16 Jul 08

My opinion is that without restrictions there can be a sudden inflation of recommendations, one new tyrant, and da-da. With restrictions, the recs are expencive to throw away just for fun.

But this is not a big issue for me. I just state my opinion. I don't want to fight for it. I have mine, you have yours.
You are certainly entitled to your opinion