Negative/Disagree Recs

Negative/Disagree Recs

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Sep 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Red Night
Although I agree with a lot of what you say here.

They will always be abused and will never have meaning.

Two problems with negative recs.

1. Users will shower them on their enemies just as they now shower wrecks on their friends.

2. Users will covet them as much as positive wrecks. Put up a negative wreck counter and watch people scrambling to have the most and bragging about their accomplishment.
Why would anyone rec their friends, just because they are 'friends'? That's idiotic, only a moron would do that, surely?

I rec the post, not the 'man'.

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by darvlay
Your understanding is very different from others' understandings. If a recommendation is truly a recommendation then it should not be anonymous. I certainly wouldn't want to read anything recommended by users like epicfailure or red night so why would those recommendations mean anything to me?
This is a great idea. Let's make recs transparent.

r

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by greenpawn34
Pocket King, on another thread has suggested a method where
it should be possible for a thread reader to post a 'disagree' rec.
as well as an 'agree' rec.

If you see something you do not agree with you can counter-rec it.

At the moment all you can do is appear in the same thread and make
a comment. Then the arguments and the name calling starts ...[text shortened]... ld be a way of saying you disagree with a post without
getting embroiled in a free for all.
I like the idea in theory, but in practice PFC will neg all TSM post, TSM will neg all PFC posts, IVV will neg all Metallica posts, Metallica will recycle members in order to neg IVV posts etc

I've seen the idea work to good effect on other forums/upload contribution sites etc

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by rogueboy
I like the idea in theory, but in practice PFC will neg all TSM post
Do you seriously think we (PFC) care that much?

r

Moves
12 Sep 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Crowley
Clearly. I'll let you do the research this time. Review the last 100 posts of the following members, to see if they mention T.S.M. or any of it's members

Korch
Palynka
rbmorris
Phlabibit
cheshirecatstevens
Crowley
catfoodtim

it would suggest that at least, these members care enough

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
12 Sep 08
1 edit

Your understanding is very different from others' understandings. If a recommendation is truly a recommendation then it should not be anonymous. I certainly wouldn't want to read anything recommended by users like epicfailure or red night so why would those recommendations mean anything to me?
I agree completely. In one other forum that I participate in, there are positive and negative recs and you are welcomed to leave a comment justifying why you gave it. People can see why and by whom the post was recced.

All in all, it functions quite well.

Transparency Edit: Rec'd!

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Sep 08

Clearly. I'll let you do the research this time. Review the last 100 posts of the following members, to see if they mention T.S.M. or any of it's members

Korch
Palynka
rbmorris
Phlabibit
cheshirecatstevens
Crowley
catfoodtim

it would suggest that at least, these members care enough
Korch and that cat guy only joined this week - or maybe last week.

I can promise you, if we go through those posts we will see an equal amount of replies and references to non-TSM members bby PFC members.

Also, never forget the torrent of crap Red Night posts when he 'surfaces' and no PFC member will allow idiotic or hypocritical BS to just pass under the radar.
So, the only reason TSM will feature now is because Red Night decided to foul up the place with his hypocrisy and double standards again.

r

Moves
12 Sep 08

I can promise you, if we go through those posts we will see an equal amount of replies and references to non-TSM members bby PFC members.
So you bully everyone equally 😀

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
12 Sep 08

So you bully everyone equally 😀
Just those that deserve it. 😉

Were you ever bullied by the PFC?

r

Moves
12 Sep 08

Originally posted by Palynka
Just those that deserve it. 😉

Were you ever bullied by the PFC?
Yes. Jesus wept

RN
RHP Prophet

pursuing happiness

Moves
12 Sep 08

Yes, Jowley, I do.

You guard your domain like a ravenous Troll guarding a giant salami he has hidden in the darkness under his bridge.

HoH
Thug

Playing with matches

Moves
12 Sep 08

The post that was quoted here has been removed
I'd love to have 'negative recs'. The symbol should be a little stabbing icon.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Sep 08

A negative rec is not a bad idea, you see many forums and message boards with the whole thumbs up/thumbs down, agree/disagree options. It certainly has more of a function in the debates and spirituality forum where actual discussions take place not just inane chattering (don't get me wrong, I enjoy inane chattering).

Of course you people do realize that ...[text shortened]... he idea because he's just dying to collect all those negative recs for his trophy room, right?
Hey, keep the cat in the bag dude....

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
12 Sep 08

They will always be abused and will never have meaning.

Two problems with negative recs.

1. Users will shower them on their enemies just as they now shower wrecks on their friends.

Are you suggesting we should have the anti-recs split into clan anti-recs vs non-clan anti recs.....?

😉

C
Not Aleister

Control room

Moves
12 Sep 08

Yes, Jowley, I do.

You guard your domain like a ravenous Troll guarding a giant salami he has hidden in the darkness under his bridge.
You don't have a clue.