Limit forums to subscribers.

Limit forums to subscribers.

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
14 Apr 11

That's the idea.

Australia

Moves
14 Apr 11

Don't limit reading forums, limit posting in forums. Then re-combine all the forums into 3 or 4. Otherwise there wouldn't be enough activity to bring people here. Just my two cents' worth.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
14 Apr 11

Originally posted by JS357
That's the idea.
How about allowing six posts say per month, it's a pleasing number and ties in nicely with the six maximum ongoing games...yet another carrot is dangled before the non sub, far more importantly than the innumerable games, and the ceasing of adverts, would be lifting the public forum restrictions and be able to post complete drivel en masse'...it would make an excellent '$40 subscribe now' ad' campaign 😀

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
14 Apr 11

That's the idea.
Opposed.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
14 Apr 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
How about allowing six posts say per month, it's a pleasing number and ties in nicely with the six maximum ongoing games...yet another carrot is dangled before the non sub, far more importantly than the innumerable games, and the ceasing of adverts, would be lifting the public forum restrictions and be able to post complete drivel en masse'...it would make an excellent '$40 subscribe now' ad' campaign 😀
6 posts per month = numerous new ID'S created just to post.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
14 Apr 11
2 edits

That's the idea.
While is may seem a good idea it would reduce site traffic, after all if a non sub can't post what is the use of them reading the threads?

y

Delft, Netherlands

Moves
14 Apr 11

First off, denying access to the forums for non-subs makes them unable to see what the community is like in this site and makes it less likely they will subscribe to the site.

Secondly a healthy discussion is a good thing. Any abuse can be reported to the admins to ban the particular person. If you are afraid people don't agree with you or your opinion isn't shown enough then perhaps forums aren't your thing. The forums are here to let everyone show their opinion on different subjects and so keep a good community going. Non-subs can be good contributors to the community just as subribers can be.

Do you have bad experience with non-subs flooding the forums you visit JS357?

Moves
14 Apr 11

st johnstone

Moves
14 Apr 11

The post that was quoted here has been removed
seconded, why should the rich (lol) only be allowed to post

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
15 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by roma45
....why should the rich ONLY be allowed to post?
Simple, to keep the 'riff raff' out 😛

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
01 May 11

Originally posted by RevRSleeker
Simple, to keep the 'riff raff' out 😛
I agree! If players are serious enough to want to contribute, the subscription fee is but a small price to pay.

Why should the advantages of subscription be eroded? The 'riff raff' could even save their pocket money to subscribe if they felt strongly enough about needing to contribute.

With the value of the $US slipping further down the toilet each day, subscriptions are likely to become even better value.

Moves
01 May 11

Originally posted by drdon
I agree! If players are serious enough to want to contribute, the subscription fee is but a small price to pay.

Why should the advantages of subscription be eroded? The 'riff raff' could even save their pocket money to subscribe if they felt strongly enough about needing to contribute.

how many forums do you know of that you have pay to post on? tell me you're joking please. rhp forums are in bad enough state at the moment without taking away some of its posters.

With the value of the $US slipping further down the toilet each day, subscriptions are likely to become even better value.

the dollar's in good shape against the euro and pound.

Australia

Moves
01 May 11

And the US dollar is very ill against the Aussie dollar. I've just paid $A38.31 to renew (last time it was $A45.23). Maybe I should buy a barrowload of US$ to put under the mattress ...

Moves
01 May 11

Originally posted by Kewpie
And the US dollar is very ill against the Aussie dollar. I've just paid $A38.31 to renew (last time it was $A45.23). Maybe I should buy a barrowload of US$ to put under the mattress ...
3 years ago £1 got you $2, for the past 2 years £1 has converted into $1.45-$1.65. good times for russ and chris.

Australia

Moves
02 May 11

Originally posted by trev33
3 years ago £1 got you $2, for the past 2 years £1 has converted into $1.45-$1.65. good times for russ and chris.
Actually I think it's the other way around, RHP charges in USD, so what profit comes back to the UK is smaller than it used to be. Still, at least they're paying for their US server in USD. 🙂