1. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 13:421 edit
    Why do people do that and is there some way of stopping it? This guy has 2049 games going on now of which are 10 games going with me. Makes no moves except at the very last minute, before it times out. The games are stagnant and stale. What is worse he is also adding his name to every tournament in which he can enter. So people like me who would like to enter the tournament avoid it because I dont want to play him. He just spoils every tournament, He is not the only one.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 14:40
    @rajk999 said
    Why do people do that and is there some way of stopping it? This guy has 2049 games going on now of which are 10 games going with me. Makes no moves except at the very last minute, before it times out. The games are stagnant and stale. What is worse he is also adding his name to every tournament in which he can enter. So people like me who would like to enter the tournament avoid it because I dont want to play him. He just spoils every tournament, He is not the only one.
    The Site Idea being?

* Limit the number of tournaments for subscribers (how to implement? People will claim that they may enter a new one after having been eliminated even if the trounament runs on for several months)

* Limit the number of tournaments to enter per month?

* Ban members from enetering tournaments after someone complained about their behaviour (and again what ar the criteria?)
  3. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 14:42
    @rajk999 said
    patience grasshopper
  4. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 16:07
    @lemondrop said
    patience grasshopper
    Exactly.
  5. PenTesting
    Moves
    07 Jul '21 18:12
    OK cool. The solution is to make sure I have available tournament option which he cannot enter.
  6. Joined
    03 Jul '13
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 19:41
    @rajk999 said
    All tournaments have time controls, and your opponent has the right to play his move any time within that time control.
    You may find this frustrating if you wish to play quickly, but the solution is simple - don’t enter tournaments with long time controls.
    Four of your games against JeanTylerGariel are 21 day timeout and 21 day timebank.
    You cannot compel someone who has entered a 21 day tournament to move every day. There are one-day tournaments for that.
  7. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    08 Jul '21 23:00
    @tommovich said
    All tournaments have time controls, and your opponent has the right to play his move any time within that time control.
    You may find this frustrating if you wish to play quickly, but the solution is simple - don’t enter tournaments with long time controls.
    Four of your games against JeanTylerGariel are 21 day timeout and 21 day timebank.
    You cannot compel someone who has entered a 21 day tournament to move every day. There are one-day tournaments for that.
    Thank you. I agree. I have played at least two others who have something like this in their profiles: "I can't stand people who only move once per day."

(The time control for most of my games is 3d/7d.)
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    09 Jul '21 00:44
    When I play, 1 day 0 is my choice. The day I decided to do that is the day I resigned all of my longer games.

Only play under time restraints that will not drive you bats.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jul '21 14:06
    @rajk999 said
    What I find is worse is when someone enters a bunch of tournaments.
    Then once they start, that player resigns all his games en masse without making a move.
    He/she has taken a spot in the tournament from someone else (a paying subscriber) and then dumped the games.
    I've brought this up with site admin before.
  10. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 15:38
    @mghrn55 said
    Then once they start, that player resigns all his games en masse without making a move.
    He/she has taken a spot in the tournament from someone else (a paying subscriber) and then dumped the games.
    I don't think this is sandbagging because resigning immediately will not alter rating.
    Maybe such players enter lots of tournaments and then decide if they want to play depending on who else has entered after.
    I agree though that is is frustrating and morally suspect in that it fills a place which someone else could take.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 19:59
    @venda said
    I don't think this is sandbagging because resigning immediately will not alter rating.
    Maybe such players enter lots of tournaments and then decide if they want to play depending on who else has entered after.
    I agree though that is is frustrating and morally suspect in that it fills a place which someone else could take.
    Definitely. I have avoided several tournaments because of this practice.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    18 Jul '21 20:01
    @mghrn55 said
    A cap on the games count stop some of this. This guy has over 2000 games and he definitely cannot handle them. He is using vacation time to avoid the timeout, and he is signing up for more. Its weird.
  13. Subscribervendaonline
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    19 Jul '21 12:44
    @rajk999 said
    A cap on the games count stop some of this. This guy has over 2000 games and he definitely cannot handle them. He is using vacation time to avoid the timeout, and he is signing up for more. Its weird.
    Where do you draw the line though?
    At least 2"prolific" players spring to mind who have a lot of games on the go and play the game properly.
    A cap on the number of tournaments you can be involved in concurrently may be a better way.
    I'm not suggesting this as a site idea,just a possible option
  14. santa cruz, ca.
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 15:35
    I timed him out awhile back and he sent me a nasty pm
    a players profile can reveal a lot
    he's weird
  15. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 15:38
    When will @jeantylergabriel claim to be harrased?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree