1. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '21 20:36
    @ponderable said
    When will @jeantylergabriel claim to be harrased?
    Never. Rajk will.
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    22 Jul '21 18:55
    @lemondrop said
    I timed him out awhile back and he sent me a nasty pm
    a players profile can reveal a lot
    he's weird
    Lol... weird indeed. I just checkmated him in one of our games and it was unavoidable checkmate, but it took like 2 weeks. He plays like 3 hrs before timeout.
  3. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    08 Aug '21 14:39
    @venda said
    Where do you draw the line though?
    At least 2"prolific" players spring to mind who have a lot of games on the go and play the game properly.
    A cap on the number ofyou can be involved in concurrently may be a better way.
    does anyone know what is the average game load of players here (RHP) is ? Maybe the administrators?
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    10 Aug '21 07:40
    @ogb said
    does anyone know what is the average game load of players here (RHP) is ? Maybe the administrators?
    "Average game Load" is a difficult parameter. How do you count active players? And how about players who keep skulls? So about 10 of my games are not really active. I take skulls after one year of inactivity.
  5. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 12:54
    @ogb said
    I don't think it's possible to calculate an average game load because of the number of variables,some of which have been identified by Ponderable.
    For example,I only take skulls in clan games but in tournaments it's automatic after so long.If I am going on holiday or going to be busy I reduce my games so they may vary between 20 and 60.
    So I could set parameters and calculate my personal average game load but it would only be a rough estimate.To do that for every player would be impractical
  6. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 20:03
    @venda said
    I don't think it's possible to calculate an average game load because of the number of variables,some of which have been identified by Ponderable.
    For example,I only take skulls in clan games but in tournaments it's automatic after so long.If I am going on holiday or going to be busy I reduce my games so they may vary between 20 and 60.
    So I could set parameters and calculate ...[text shortened]... age game load but it would only be a rough estimate.To do that for every player would be impractical
    It might not be so difficult to get a meaningful estimate by taking a statistically significant sample size of 1000.
    25 volunters look at their last 40 opponents' profiles and note the number of games they have on the go.
  7. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Aug '21 22:49
    @ponderable said
    "Average game Load" is a difficult parameter. How do you count active players? And how about players who keep skulls? So about 10 of my games are not really active. I take skulls after one year of inactivity.
    Total number of games in progress / number of players with at least 1 game in progress.
  8. Subscribermlb62
    mlb62
    Moves
    13 Aug '21 05:25
    @mghrn55 said
    Total number of games in progress / number of players with at least 1 game in progress.
    yes, strictly speaking you're correct...but then is it true that weaker players have a very large game load, whereas stronger ones have very small game loads ?
  9. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    19 Aug '21 17:26
    @lemondrop said
    I timed him out awhile back and he sent me a nasty pm
    a players profile can reveal a lot
    he's weird
    He sent me a pm after timing him out saying I should check if a player had been online within 24 hours.
    So he wants timeout plus timebank plus 24 hours.
    He should use his time to make moves instead of throwing explosives about when someone times him out.
    I avoid tournaments he's entered.
    I'd set the alarm clock for the middle of the night if there was a chance to time him out.
    He's clogging the system with his antics and his rating will obviously be significantly lower than his real ability as a consequence.
    I've been here 13 years but won't be renewing in September because there is nothing being done about disruptive players.
  10. Joined
    16 Aug '15
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 02:191 edit

Removed by poster

11. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 05:38
    @jb70 said
    He sent me a pm after timing him out saying I should check if a player had been online within 24 hours.
    So he wants timeout plus timebank plus 24 hours.
    He should use his time to make moves instead of throwing explosives about when someone times him out.
    I avoid tournaments he's entered.
    I'd set the alarm clock for the middle of the night if there was a chance to time him ou ...[text shortened]... ars but won't be renewing in September because there is nothing being done about disruptive players.
    He's only #12 in the Most Active Player of the month table. One of the ones above him has lost 3147 games by timeout, another has lost 21. Doesn't seem to be a direct correlation.
  12. Subscriberjb70
    State of Confusion
    Lancashire
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 07:08
    @kewpie said
    He's only #12 in the Most Active Player of the month table. One of the ones above him has lost 3147 games by timeout, another has lost 21. Doesn't seem to be a direct correlation.
    The problem is he's taking a wrecking ball to every tournament he enters because would be participants avoid him.
    He's taking a wrecking ball to the rating system.
    He's taking a wrecking ball to the tournaments he plays in.
    He sent me now 3 messages to inform me I must be desperate to win for claiming 2 timeouts against him.
    This highlights the timeouts should be automatic to stop Timeout Rage pms.
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 11:202 edits
    @jb70 said
    The problem is he's taking a wrecking ball to every tournament he enters because would be participants avoid him.
    He's taking a wrecking ball to the rating system.
    He sent me now 3 messages to inform me I must be desperate to win for claiming 2 timeouts against him.
    Absolutely correct. I timed him out in 2 of the 12 games we have going and I got no PM ... Im disappointed. I want him to tell me something .... 😀 And yeah .. I will never ever enter another tournament in which he plays. If he enters after me Im withdrawing.
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 11:31
    @jb70 said
    I thought timeouts in tournaments already were?

As for the other points, care less about on-line chess ratings, and blocklist.
  15. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    20 Aug '21 11:35
    I will take a look at this and introduce a sensible maximum to avoid this behaviour in future.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree