1. Joined
    03 Apr '19
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 09:23
    Every time you open the App on your phone you need an internet connection to see your games. It would be great if the App kept hold of the last downloaded version of each game until the next time you have an internet connection, so that you can still take a look at games when you have no connection.
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 10:43
    @Relentless-Red

I support this.
  3. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 11:00
    @relentless-red said
    Every time you open the App on your phone you need an internet connection to see your games. It would be great if the App kept hold of the last downloaded version of each game until the next time you have an internet connection, so that you can still take a look at games when you have no connection.
    This is a local cache issue which would cost memory on the target device. Zorrothefox, for example, has over 900 games in progress; this quantity locally cached would probably overload a smart phone, or at least make it run poorly for other apps when offline.
  4. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 17:541 edit
    Are you often without data, and is this a recurring problem?

RHP data usage is minimal during operation, so I'm assuming you are not turning off mobile data to save on fees?

From my own experience, I'm very rarely ever out of signal to pull down games/messages in the app - but I appreciate experiences vary wildly with location.

Adding the local cache of games would probably add a fair bit of complexity, although it is definitely doable, so I would need to know this was definitely worth considering.
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    05 Nov '22 18:321 edit
    @russ said
    Are you often without data, and is this a recurring problem?

RHP data usage is minimal during operation, so I'm assuming you are not turning off mobile data to save on fees?

From my own experience, I'm very rarely ever out of signal to pull down games/messages in the app - but I appreciate experiences vary wildly with location.

Adding the local cache of games would prob ...[text shortened]... ty, although it is definitely doable, so I would need to know this was definitely worth considering.
    I am often without data when I would have time to move...it is not a real problem.

Edit: And it did occur to me how low the data traffic of the RHP App is!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree