Forum Moderation - a sensible debate

Forum Moderation - a sensible debate

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Jan 10

Smacks Head! "Now I follow".

😞

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Phlabibit
What are you talking about?

Kewpie never was a mod, Kewpie is not a mod. Are you getting info from VR's busted rumor mill?

P-
Why involve me?

My Rumor Mill is excellent. PM me if you need to know something! I may or many not share though. πŸ˜‰

It appeared to be a pre-set question answer thingy to me to begin with.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
22 Jan 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Why involve me?

My Rumor Mill is excellent. PM me if you need to know something! I may or many not share though. πŸ˜‰

It appeared to be a pre-set question answer thingy to me to begin with.
You already gave me guesses on questions I can't say are right or wrong about who are the new moderators. I can only say you were NOT 99.9% right.

M'kay?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
22 Jan 10

I posted advertisement threads for a club in 4 forums this week; 3 were removed due to being classified as "spam". I was unaware of the rules on "spam" and I have no issue with this type of moderation; I didn't feel it was silly censorship and I understand why it happened.

Blackamp had a thread in general about a "mock" clan moved to "clans"; this has started an even more popular thread about whether it should have been moved; this thread has remained in general. It's all good fun trying to figure it out. There are times when being a mod must be a little... err challenging.

Australia

Moves
23 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Palynka
You're right, that could have been the end of the world.

It's completely absurd if Kewpie is a mod. Didn't she already tried it once and was a miserable failure? It boogles the mind as to why would anyone ever consider her again for moderation. Was it because people felt sorry for her? Awful, awful reason.
Even incompetent ex-moderators are entitled not to be hounded. What did you ever do for the benefit of this community?

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
23 Jan 10

Originally posted by divegeester
I posted advertisement threads for a club in 4 forums this week; 3 were removed due to being classified as "spam". I was unaware of the rules on "spam" and I have no issue with this type of moderation; I didn't feel it was silly censorship and I understand why it happened.

Blackamp had a thread in general about a "mock" clan moved to "clans"; this ...[text shortened]... figure it out. There are times when being a mod must be a little... err challenging.
and, it has to be noted, we're having debates on moderating issues here and the thread you mentioned, and the sky hasn't fallen in. i think your OP was right on the money - while it would be tiresome for everyone if EVERY mod decision was brought up in the forums, there are issues that do need to be discussed, and as paying customers we ought to be allowed to discuss them. on the other hand, it has been said - by me, among others - that ultimately the owners of the site can make whatever rules they want - and probably with impunity, since the number of forum users as a percentage of total site users is probably very small, and it would make little financial difference to them if we all quit in protest.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jan 10
1 edit

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
23 Jan 10

Originally posted by Kewpie
Even incompetent ex-moderators are entitled not to be hounded. What did [b]you ever do for the benefit of this community?[/b]
He never became an incompetent moderator πŸ˜›

Australia

Moves
23 Jan 10
1 edit

Birds of a feather. Sorry divegeester, back on topic now.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jan 10
2 edits

Originally posted by Phlabibit
You already gave me guesses on questions I can't say are right or wrong about who are the new moderators. I can only say you were NOT 99.9% right.

M'kay?
You are Correct.

I was 100% dead on with Silverstriker! 😏

I am pretty sure I know them all now.

Actually I think most of the regular posters have a pretty good idea on who the other 3 are. You know nothing stays secret for long on here. πŸ˜›

I was of the understanding what was said in a PM was not to be broadcast in the Public Forums. Has this changed?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jan 10

Blackamp had a thread in general about a "mock" clan moved to "clans"; this ...[text shortened]... figure it out. There are times when being a mod must be a little... err challenging.
Actually Blackamps thread was more to talk about religion. Nice to see some of the posts were removed, good job by the Mod(s) That thread you are talking about actually belongs in the Spirituality Forum.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jan 10

Actually Blackamps thread was more to talk about religion. Nice to see some of the posts were removed, good job by the Mod(s) That thread you are talking about actually belongs in the Spirituality Forum.
If you are correct, why didn't it get moved there? Or are you wrong?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jan 10
1 edit

If you are correct, why didn't it get moved there? Or are you wrong?
It has to be alerted first, and it really doesn't matter to me. ( I was just making a point that is where it belonged) I am correct as I am most times. πŸ˜‰

Look at the thread or what is left of it after the posts that were removed. Clan as part of the thread title is mis-leading as it was meant to be. Read for yourself you will see it is all about Jesus and religion. ( Should I mention a way to throw pots shots at users also)?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
23 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Kewpie
Even incompetent ex-moderators are entitled not to be hounded. What did [b]you ever do for the benefit of this community?[/b]
I post.

Sometimes I make people laugh.
Sometimes I make people cry.
Sometimes I make people think.
Sometimes I make people feel.
Sometimes I make people go mental.
Sometimes I bring people to reason.

And sometimes they do all of that to me, too.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
23 Jan 10

I was 100% dead on with Silverstriker! 😏
To be fair i wasn't really that much of a "secret" mod and i think everyone knew about me as i posted in the recruitment thread