Forum Moderation - a sensible debate

Forum Moderation - a sensible debate

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jan 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
It has to be alerted first, and it really doesn't matter to me. ( I was just making a point that is where it belonged) I am correct as I am most times. 😉

Look at the thread or what is left of it after the posts that were removed. Clan as part of the thread title is mis-leading as it was meant to be. Read for yourself you will see it is all about Jesus and religion. ( Should I mention a way to throw pots shots at users also)?
You are probably correct on this rare instance.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
23 Jan 10
3 edits

Originally posted by Silverstriker
To be fair i wasn't really that much of a "secret" mod and i think everyone knew about me as i posted in the recruitment thread
Phlabs and my discussion was before you said it. Actually you are the only one that did say it in Public, unless I missed someone.

You can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I believe 2 of the 3 other mods also posted in the recruitment thread. There were others who also put their names forward but it was quite obvious they wouldn't be picked.

Phlabs shouldn't have been talking about something him and I discussed in a PM, on the Public Forum. He knows better. You think he will get a warning about that? LOL

c

cheaters desk

Moves
23 Jan 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
This thread is dedicated to sensible discussion about the level of moderation, please don't let it be hijacked by you trolling. 🙄

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Jan 10

Originally posted by cheater2
This thread is dedicated to sensible discussion about the level of moderation, please don't let it be hijacked by you trolling. 🙄
Look, if you want to banter with me I'll be happy to oblige you in another forum, just keep your pent up tensions out of this one.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jan 10
1 edit

FFS why was the thread 2^ removed?

You are known here as a 'sad' individual, and an ambassador of inward self promotion who does not have the best interests of this site at heart.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
25 Jan 10

Originally posted by divegeester
FFS why was the thread 2^ removed?

You are known here as a 'sad' individual, and an ambassador of inward self promotion who does not have the best interests of this site at heart.
Ha! So how does this childish defamation fit into your 'sensible, adult debate' about Forum Moderation?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
25 Jan 10
1 edit

Originally posted by Daemon Sin
Ha! So how does this childish defamation fit into your 'sensible, adult debate' about Forum Moderation?
Ah, you caught me out in my frustration with the situation; congratulations. You fail to even comment on the crux of the matter, which is WHY the post was removed in the first place.

DS
I'm A Mighty Pirate™

PaTROLLING the forum

Moves
25 Jan 10

Originally posted by divegeester
You fail to even comment on the crux of the matter, which is WHY the post was removed in the first place.
That's because I address my concerns and criticisms of the site's moderation through site feedback. There's no point shouting at the monkey because the organ grinder's not playing your favourite tune!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
26 Jan 10
1 edit

That's because I address my concerns and criticisms of the site's moderation through site feedback. There's no point shouting at the monkey because the organ grinder's not playing your favourite tune!
A fair point well made. Thanks.

Edit caio.

c

cheaters desk

Moves
26 Jan 10

Precisely. Everyone can see his insolence and juvenile precociousness. Great show he is putting on.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
26 Jan 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Phlabs and my discussion was before you said it. Actually you are the only one that did say it in Public, unless I missed someone.

You can correct me on this if I am wrong, but I believe 2 of the 3 other mods also posted in the recruitment thread. There were others who also put their names forward but it was quite obvious they wouldn't be picked.

P ...[text shortened]... in a PM, on the Public Forum. He knows better. You think he will get a warning about that? LOL
I didn't share anything sans the fact you were wrong... There is no way you are 99.9% right even if we keep PM message info out. I didn't share any PM info.

So, consider oiling that rumor mill of yours, and replace the cogs and gears. It's grinding to a halt.

I know this is getting off the topic, but I'm not going to sit back while someone claims I shared something I did not, and claiming they are almost always right when they're more like a blind squirrel in an oak forest.

P-

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
27 Jan 10

anybody can go to Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary, both unrestricted sites that can be visited by anyone (except maybe in certain totalitarian states), and read some pretty adult stuff. how come RHP GF has to be moderated to a much stricter standard? i believe there are certain people (i'm NOT talking about mods here, who just implement guidelines they're given - i hope) who just want to bowdlerise the forums to fit their own morbidly prudish standard.

B
Death

is no semi-colon

Moves
27 Jan 10

protesters against the Vietnam war would have been unlikely to achieve anything had they been content to sit at home and write polite letters to their congressmen. there's nothing wrong with debating issues likes this publicly.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
27 Jan 10

Originally posted by Blackamp
anybody can go to Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary, both unrestricted sites that can be visited by anyone (except maybe in certain totalitarian states), and read some pretty adult stuff. how come RHP GF has to be moderated to a much stricter standard? i believe there are certain people (i'm NOT talking about mods here, who just implement guidelines they're giv ...[text shortened]... n - i hope) who just want to bowdlerise the forums to fit their own morbidly prudish standard.
RHP is a 13+ site, the sites you mention either cost more to host, or are harder to find in searches... Russ could explain it better with feedback, but he has a real reason to keep the content of RHP MUCH different than the content of the sites you mention.

P-

R

The Smoke

Moves
28 Jan 10

Originally posted by trev33
funny that because the new over moderating style is pushing people not to renew their subscription... how do you think the admin feel about that?
I seem to share this sentiment, btw. The amount of censorship RHP has when it comes to forum moderation is quite something. Seems as if RHP is based in China or North Korea.