forum bans

forum bans

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
14 Feb 10

Originally posted by Mctayto

You agreed & I disagreed re : "It's not that easy to be issued a ban here at RHP"
LOL...You really wouldn't know, to be quite honest with you!

Have you ever had a ban?...Wait never mind a ban...Have you ever had so much as a warning for being controversial? 🙄

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Feb 10

Originally posted by Big Orange Country
Can we get them to only apply to the public forums? Clubs are private and already unmoderated, so you don't have the problem of worrying about the inappropriate content that causes most bans now. just a thought.
then what would the point of public forums be?

and people would only whine and bitch in the private forums (not that they already do anyway)

Moves
14 Feb 10

Highlander

Planet Earth

Moves
14 Feb 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
LOL...You really wouldn't know, to be quite honest with you!

Have you ever had a ban?...Wait never mind a ban...Have you ever had so much as a warning for being controversial? 🙄
Banned hmm let me think, err yes
Controversial me never, I simple posted my opinions which appear to have been misinterpeted 😉 on several occasions :'(

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Feb 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Not always - I recently got a forum ban [with no prior warning] for my posts in one of the DanVM threads.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by SwissGambit
Not always - I recently got a forum ban [with no prior warning] for my posts in one of the DanVM threads.
Had you ever had posts erased about cheating before?

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by Mctayto
Banned hmm let me think, err yes
Controversial me never, I simple posted my opinions which appear to have been misinterpeted 😉 on several occasions :'(
Sorry I under estimated you. 😉

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
15 Feb 10

They keep records on stuff, which if I understand correctly we are not allowed to do.

We can forget about something that we may have said months or years ago, but they have it in their records. So, we may have had prior warning and just forgot about it, because it happened so long ago.

Some of us are more concerned about Chess!~ 😉

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
15 Feb 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Had you ever had posts erased about cheating before?

P-
I don't remember. If so, it was months ago.

Moves
16 Feb 10

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
16 Feb 10

The post that was quoted here has been removed
In any case, I'm not arguing against the ban; I'm just saying it shouldn't extend to private forums.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
16 Feb 10

That's pretty funny; coincidentally he was banned from the site one day after that thread was closed by the Forum Mods.

s
515 + 30 days

Syver Yurt TC

Moves
17 Feb 10

Originally posted by no1marauder
That's pretty funny; coincidentally he was banned from the site one day after that thread was closed by the Forum Mods.
Exactly. SG, pull your head out of that orifice, smell the roses and go play chess somewhere else. You're bad enough at it to be accepted almost anywhere...??

skeets

I
King of slow

Moves
17 Feb 10
1 edit

This is probably all pointless (see Thread 115937), but I'll throw my hat in with SG and the OP (Big Orange County). Forums mods patrol the public forums, not the private. IMHO, their bans shouldn't exceed their jurisdiction. Let the clan leaders and club admins who patrol the private forums handle their own enforcement (or not) as they see fit.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
17 Feb 10

Originally posted by skeeter
Exactly. SG, pull your head out of that orifice, smell the roses and go play chess somewhere else. You're bad enough at it to be accepted almost anywhere...??

skeets
I like how you say 'exactly' as if you understand what no1 wrote. 😕