Club Tournaments

Club Tournaments

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
30 Apr 08

Why are auto invites sent to nonsubs who are unable to join?

Is this a ploy to get them to subscribe?

Devout Agnostic.

DZ-015

Moves
30 Apr 08

Originally posted by adramforall

Isn't it all 😛

s

Montgomery

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by adramforall

I personally am starting to get annoyed by the amount of PMs I am getting about tournaments I can't join...

A

Amsterdam

Moves
02 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by strokem1
I personally am starting to get annoyed by the amount of PMs I am getting about tournaments I can't join...
Just leave any club you're in then..

Edit: Why are you (as non-subscriber) in Clubs anyways, you can still just play 6 games and still can not play tournamenst

N

Small Town Manitoba

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Just leave any club you're in then..

Edit: Why are you (as non-subscriber) in Clubs anyways, you can still just play 6 games and still can not play tournamenst
The original message I received regarding the formation of clubs said that non-subs would be able to play in tournaments. They came advertising this feature to us! We (non-subs) did not ask for clubs to be created so as that we could play tounaments. It is the site creators that created them and advertised the non-subs would be able to play them. This is where a large part of the disappointed people are coming from.

GV

A

Amsterdam

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Nighthawk62
The original message I received regarding the formation of clubs said that non-subs would be able to play in tournaments. They came advertising this feature to us! We (non-subs) did not ask for clubs to be created so as that we could play tounaments. It is the site creators that created them and advertised the non-subs would be able to play them. This is where a large part of the disappointed people are coming from.

GV
Can imagine..

So that's why I asked "Why are you still in any Club now then"?

PS: It were not just the "non-subs" who did not ask for it.. NOBODY asked for it.. 😉

N

Small Town Manitoba

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Amsterdamn
Can imagine..

So that's why I asked "Why are you still in any Club now then"?

PS: It were not just the "non-subs" who did not ask for it.. NOBODY asked for it.. 😉
I'm not I left all three clubs that I joined as they started tounaments for subs only. I did not need the spam that came with the clubs either.

GV

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Nighthawk62

GV
To the best of my knowledge, this has never been said.

For example, from the original consultation thread :

Thread 88737 - page 12

Rated games/tables - done
Club Forums - incoming
Club tournament (not for non-subs) - incoming

-Russ

Santiago

Moves
02 May 08
1 edit

Would it be possible for club administrators to have one tournament a month, or even just a one-off trial tournament, for non subs. Just to give them a taste of what they are missing by not subscribing.

I reckon we could hook in a few people this way.

SS

Moves
02 May 08

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Hopster
Would it be possible for club administrators to have one tournament a month, or even just a one-off trial tournament, for non subs. Just to give them a taste of what they are missing by not subscribing.

Tournament runs out, join new club, continue for years playing unlimited games for free.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
Tournament runs out, join new club, continue for years playing unlimited games for free.

P-
Unlimited? Isn't it only 6 games?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Unlimited? Isn't it only 6 games?
My post is responding to another user. It is an explanation of why their idea will probably not be instituted.

P-

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
02 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
My post is responding to another user. It is an explanation of why their idea will probably not be instituted.

P-
It appeared to me that his idea was for the non-subs to have one tournament they could go into for the experience....Not an unlimited amount of tournaments they would be able to play in.

I did notice that you were responding to another user. I was responding to your response 😛

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 May 08
2 edits

Originally posted by Very Rusty
It appeared to me that his idea was for the non-subs to have one tournament they could go into for the experience....Not an unlimited amount of tournaments they would be able to play in.

I did notice that you were responding to another user. I was responding to your response 😛
Originally posted by Hopster

What is to stop a non sub from joining countless clubs to take advantage of these non sub tournaments?

There could be countless clubs to join... just move on to another club and keep entering free tournaments.

How are you reading the post? Nothing was said about non subs, it was said about club leaders.

P-