Closing loophole in the new clan system

Closing loophole in the new clan system

Site Ideas

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
02 Dec 10

At the moment, clans are able to exceed their max 20 members involved in games by adding new members while any number existing members are nominated as "leaving clan." Members who are leaving the clan are rightly permitted to complete their games. A great improvement would be to change the existing rule to:

No new clan member can be accepted until the total of all clan members including those in the process of leaving the clan is less than twenty.

This would close the loophole that allows one clan to play with 24 members.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
02 Dec 10

Originally posted by drdon
At the moment, clans are able to exceed their max 20 members involved in games by adding new members while any number existing members are nominated as "leaving clan." Members who are leaving the clan are rightly permitted to complete their games. A great improvement would be to change the existing rule to:

No new clan member can be accepted until the total ...[text shortened]... ss than twenty.

Clan scores were ruined on inception, didn't you get my memo?

"I had clan 9. RHP decided to reward quantity over quality. With an 80+ win percentage my clan was behind other clans that lost most games but played hundreds more. Thus, I decided RHP clans were worthless, and still are."

There is no way to fix it. For more details message No1.

P-

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
02 Dec 10

Originally posted by Phlabibit

"I had clan 9. RHP decided to reward quantity over quality. With an 80+ win percentage my clan was behind other clans that lost most games but played hundreds more. Thus, I decided RHP clans were worthless, and still are."

P-
I disagree. I think the system is fixable with a bit of fine tuning such as closing the loophole mentioned. Many players on the site enjoy clan competition and will continue to do so once a few credibility issues are revisited.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
03 Dec 10

No new clan member can be accepted until the total ...[text shortened]... ss than twenty.

Agree but it needs a few caveats to prevent

Members being booted/leaving leaving and not finalising the clan games and their opponent not taking a timeout win, thus leaving the clan in limbo.

Members leaving the site and not playing anymore and their opponent not taking a timeout win, thus leaving the clan in limbo.

Games being played by members who have left/been booted that no longer affect the overall result of the clan challenge.

d
His Mateship

Glowing in the dark

Moves
04 Dec 10

Originally posted by adramforall
Agree but it needs a few caveats to prevent

Members being booted/leaving leaving and not finalising the clan games and their opponent not taking a timeout win, thus leaving the clan in limbo.

Members leaving the site and not playing anymore and their opponent not taking a timeout win, thus leaving the clan in limbo.

Games being played by members who have left/been booted that no longer affect the overall result of the clan challenge.
These are very sensible caveats

David

Bristol, UK

Moves
06 Dec 10

These are very sensible caveats
And easily fixed by having clan games automatically time-out as currently happens with tournaments.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Dec 10

P-
Quantity should also have a reward, I think they got that part correct.

If you happen to be a lazy clan and don't want to play matches, why should you win with 100's of games less played?

The clans that play the most games, should be in the running, those who want to play a few clan games should not expect to be on page one!

Like I have said, there is no way to make everyone happy. Admins already changed some things. All that resulted is more crying about the rating system.
You would know this if you were actually following what was going on. Did you vote?

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Dec 10
1 edit

So far you guys in IVV are the only ones doing this. (24 at one point)

How do you spell hypocrite?

Are you back to your 20 players yet?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Quantity should also have a reward...
Quality wins over quantity every time, remember this.

R
CerebrallyChallenged

Lyme BayChesil Beach

Moves
11 Dec 10

NOTED text missing... Thus, I decided RHP clans were worthless, and still are."

It depends entirely upon clan goals, if it's mere challenge oriented or perhaps much more, personally I place more onus on a 'rounded' forum ...informing, game analysis undertaken by those that enjoy going into depth, sharing their abilities with those less so.. whether they'd post in the public forum asking is doubtful at best, puzzles, general interest to all topics and so on. No, it's not as a public forum, they are too 'fragmented,' nothing you ask or mention can be relied upon, if you get the replies you want then great but a clan forum can be more relied upon, ( there are many here that are undermined and won't seek any form of aid again )...you can seek those you require in private forum, easily etc. No big ego's help but I'm getting carried away here as it's 'site ideas' and this merely an observation of clans and their operational goals..I'll sign off whilst I can πŸ˜›

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
11 Dec 10

Originally posted by divegeester
Quality wins over quantity every time, remember this.
Ok fine! Lets look at it your way:

I play 10 games I win all ten games!

Now you on the other hand play 100 games you win 9, lose 91 games.

YEAH I win!!

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
13 Dec 10

So far you guys in IVV are the only ones doing this. (24 at one point)

How do you spell hypocrite?

Are you back to your 20 players yet?
Again you miss the point.

IVV were instrumental in getting this in place, to show clans that had more than 20 members playing for them at time.

IVV are also asking for the loophole in the system that allows more than 20 "playing" members, to be closed, albeit some caveats need to be in place to prevent leaving/kicked members from drawing out games and preventing a clan from being at full strength.

There is nothing hypocritical about it.

There are several clans in the top 20 with more than 21 members.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
13 Dec 10
2 edits

Again you miss the point.

IVV were instrumental in getting this in place, to show clans that had more than 20 members playing for them at time.

IVV are also asking for the loophole in the system that allows more than 20 "playing" members, to be closed, albeit some caveats need to be in place to prevent leaving/kicked members from drawing out games ...[text shortened]... hypocritical about it.

There are several clans in the top 20 with more than 21 members.
I miss nothing, ok very little~!

Yea IVV had 24...Still 23 playing active games last we looked.

Who are the others besides IVV with more than 20?

You should all have points taken from you!~

We (Metallica) have 20 players ONLY with active clan games!

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
15 Dec 10

I miss nothing, ok very little~!

Yea IVV had 24...Still 23 playing active games last we looked.

Who are the others besides IVV with more than 20?

You should all have points taken from you!~

We (Metallica) have 20 players ONLY with active clan games!
Here a little hint

Visit the clan home page.

Click on Clan Amsterdamn (19 + 2 leavers) = 21

Click on Clan with a Mission (20 + 2 leavers) =22

Click on The Drunken Pawns (20 + 2 leavers) =22

Click on King Gets Kicked (19 + 2 leavers) = 21

As for Metallica, they did have 21 at one point when adim left, but of course that doesn't count does it! πŸ™„

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
16 Dec 10

Here a little hint

Visit the clan home page.

Click on Clan Amsterdamn (19 + 2 leavers) = 21

Click on Clan with a Mission (20 + 2 leavers) =22

Click on The Drunken Pawns (20 + 2 leavers) =22

Click on King Gets Kicked (19 + 2 leavers) = 21

As for Metallica, they did have 21 at one point when adim left, but of course that doesn't count does it! πŸ™„
You forgot to add IVV with 20 + 3

OR to mention it was 20 + 4 at one point.

None of it is good.

I am sure we can agree on that.